jcae2798

Royal Marines - Afghan Missions

Nice!  I'll definitely download and give it a play.  Love the 3CB units.  Use them in many of my own missions.

I played remaining missions thus completing the campaign. Some remarks regarding the missions:

Mission 3 (Intimidation) was the only one that I had a problem with - could not complete the Compound 17 task even though ...

... I disarmed a double IED near the two buildings that stand near the main road (no wall around them). I also secured 3 pieces of weapons in the building where radio played (weapon box, ak-74 & DShK/NSW on the roof top). Could not find any other IED or weapon, no people too.

Mission 4 is the only one I managed to complete in one pass, including the surprise at the end - well designed.

Mission 5 is the best so far - very nice weather play, good choice of providing the opportunity to rearm yourself - after the four former missions the player has a better grasp of what may be needed (more on that below).

General remarks and improvement proposals:

• I run out of spare batteries in most of the missions (except the 5th one of course, where I packed 10 of them) even though I completed the 'Clear IEDs' task in none of them. To find and clear every explosive at least 5 batteries would be needed maybe more.
  • What is the general idea of disarmed IED disposal? Every time I left them behind I had a feeling that some Tango takes them and rearms somewhere else. As they are too big and heavy to carry around I would prefer to destroy them on spot with explosives from my backpack but then a problem appears similar to the one with the batteries - there were too few of them. At the same time my gear was full of completely useless personnel/vehicle mines that I would never take on IED clearing mission. A suggestion of what to do with disarmed IEDs in mission description and a more fitting contents of the backpack would be nice (It doesn't apply to missions 1 and 5 for obvious reasons).
  • There were too few civilians in mission 5 - at this stage I would expect they brought their families back. Also some traffic on the road that was not blocked due to IED clearing would be nice - the people who returned to their houses need to bypass the blocked road in their daily activities.
  • Although there is a very good welcome/introductory/tutorial mission 1, a similar farewell/exit mission is missing. I only hope that's because you're preparing more of them :)
  • While we're at additional/farewell mission, here is a report of sniper vs British base events - You could twist it to e.g. the player being seriously wounded by one last shot of the sniper (before him getting Hellfire), and then evacuated to hospital back in UK.
  • Are you aware of the Real World Operations initiative? Because your campaign seems to fit perfectly there. I strongly recommend that you add Royal Marines - Afghan Missions to RWO.
  • Like 2

Appreciate the feedback and your outlook on it.  Points well taken and things to keep in mind for future designs.  Thanks!

Nice campaign using the selection of mods detailed. So far, I have played the first 2 missions and found them exciting. Thank you for sharing and I look forward to playing the rest of the campaign and seeing your next one.

@bujalski, not sure about the issue with #3, but try restarting the mission from scratch.  The IEDs are randomly spawned, so hopefully the parts you previously completed won't be to repetitive.  This mission has a little surprise at the end, so if you want you can try it again (unless i misunderstood).

FYI, CUP is working on British units and including the Ridge vehicle, so in the future i will update the mission with those changes to reduce some of the dependencies.

• Like 1

Hi. Just finished all the campaign. Very enjoyable and immersing.  Mission 5 was the most enjoyable and I really liked the sandstorm effect.

Well done. Keep them coming please :)

• Like 1

What was the IED script used?

The base of the script used a combination of other user scripts.  But overall, I rewrote a lot of it to do what i wanted....  Of course the community was a big help to make it all happen.

Please I have a problem with this campaign. I can´t make it run. I have all required addons, but always when I try start it it gives me this message-

Bez_n_zvu.jpg

Bez_n_zvu2.jpg

Both Dropbox (filename updated) and Workshop updated.

Changelog:

-Fixed 3CB BAF Updates

-Removed Ridgeback dependency and added CUP version instead.

Still not working, now it said missing addons folder and I don´t even see a campaign in the game

Bez_n_zvu.jpg

Ok, now it should work  :)

• Like 1

Yes it works! :-) Thanks :-)

After yesterday´s Arma update I have a visual problem, but only on Kunduz maps, don´t you know what problem is? Other campaigns, maps, missions... working just fine, I have this problem only on Kunduz

20160531130045_1.jpg

Yes, the MAP owner will be putting out an update in the near future to fix this.  I have no control over it.  I would recommend waiting until the map is updated to play it

• Like 1

Another problem, sorry :-) I can´t play second mission. When i finish first mission it takes me back to the campaign menu and said : No entry Campaigns/fcs/description.ext.Campaign and I can play only the first mission

I will look into it.  Thanks for reporting