Sign in to follow this  
warhawk373

How to update mods without playwithsix?

I'm trying to figure out how to update mods without the dreadful playwithsix which now wont even let me update, only re-install.  Is there a way to update a mod without completely downloading the whole thing?  I know some mods come with an update.exe or something like that but the mods that I want to update are ACE and CBA, which are not big downloads but if for the future if I have to update CUP Terrains I would prefer not to download a massive mod like that again with this whole comcast data limit malarkey.   

I think this should be in the question and answers section of the forum

I think this should be in the question and answers section of the forum

I wasn't exactly sure where to put it.

Arma 3 launcher or arma 3 sync maybe.

I have arma 3 sync but I didn't know it could update mods.  I'll look around for a tutorial on that.

Ok I found a forum where someone asked that and you can't update it from arma 3 sync.  But If necessary I will use playwithsix if it would work.  The problem is that it wont even let me update.  I have the mod in the mod folder for playwithsix but it just says that it isn't there and I have to install the mod.

Use playwithsix's new "SynchWithSix" it works much better than PwS, and is definitely more stable than PlayWithSix. It even allows you to manage your collection through the web. Playwithsix and Synchwithsix isn't everyones preferred method for sure, but use what works for you and checks off the boxes for you. If you want software that will auto update and sync collections then they are prob the way to go.

I still use the older Play with Six instead of the Synch with Six...I don't use it to launch the game just to keep Mods updated and then launch with the A3 Launcher and I have it set not to update to Synch with Six..I think it is still avavilible at http://withsix.com/..its really the only thing I have found that actually keeps Mods updated.