Nice work, Kydoimos! Any chance to get a ruined version of the sign? A couple of planks out or a some corner cut off. That'd indicate an abandoned place well :)

Gentlemen, I've just updated the files;

• Objects can now be used in Zeus (curatorScope in config was needed).
  • Compositions folder has finally returned to the addon.
  • New bed object
  • New mattress object
  • New flashdrive object
  • New hotel sign object
  • New roll of bandages object

Enjoy! Let me know if you experience any issues. @inlesco - good idea on the sign, may have to add that soon!

• Like 8

Is there a possibility of AAN crashed helicopter skin applied for an unarmed PO-30 Orca?

Some upcoming objects - whenever I have an afternoon free (which is becoming rarer and rarer, nowadays - due to more pressing Arma work!), I'll be working on some bits for a Syndikat drugs lab. The volumetric flask is the first item. Again, no idea when we'll see these in the mod, as the glass items will need some form of damaged model too. All the same, it's in the pipeline! The bandage is part of another project I'm working on; it's a wearable headgear item that becomes the roll of bandages object when deposited.

Bandage_Background.png

Bandage_Roll_Background.png

Flask_1000ml_Background.png

Beaker_Background.png

• Like 10

Go on then, one more render before the weekend! :P

Narcotics_Background.png

• Like 9

Looks great :) Cant wait to have it love the objects that can improve immersion. Thank you

• Like 1

Wow, these are very high quality objects! Keep up the good work!

I am updated to latest version, and do not see most of these.  Also, can you please denote which have hidden selections in a readme or something, and provide index?  Immediate question on that is with regards to tactical screen... no hidden texture there?

• Like 1

I forgot if I asked this before.. Perhaps you could make some (coffee) mugs in the future?

I think these could add to a paperwork/computer work atmosphere. Whether it's a 'liberated' mug sitting in a FOB, or the personal item of a drone operator at the command base.

I now use the water bottles or the paper cups included in the Helo DLC, but it's just not the same (maybe I like coffee too much?). :-)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, joostsidy said:

I forgot if I asked this before.. Perhaps you could make some (coffee) mugs in the future?

I think these could add to a paperwork/computer work atmosphere. Whether it's a 'liberated' mug sitting in a FOB, or the personal item of a drone operator at the command base.

I now use the water bottles or the paper cups included in the Helo DLC, but it's just not the same (maybe I like coffee too much?). :-)

Nice idea, wow. It could fit well with custom made newspaper! Wish to see that :)

• Like 1

I am updated to latest version, and do not see most of these.  Also, can you please denote which have hidden selections in a readme or something, and provide index?  Immediate question on that is with regards to tactical screen... no hidden texture there?

Hiya - yes, some of the latest screenshots in this thread are for objects that have not been added yet; they're finished, but I haven't had the chance to type up the configs and update the files (super busy at the moment!). There is a readMe file which covers the indices for the GCS system. As a rule of thumb, almost all of the objects should have hiddenSelections (if there's anything missing which you'd like to retexture, let me know!). Regarding the Tactical Screen object, it should be enabled for HiddenSelections; though I implemented a fix with that recently; so do let me know if it's not working :)

Funnily enough, I also considered adding mugs recently; I'll be sure to add one with an update!

• Like 3

Nice idea, wow. It could fit well with custom made newspaper! Wish to see that :)

Ah, good thinking! A newspaper (and folded one) would be enormous fun to make - again, I'll try and throw it in there with the mug!

Oh - before I forget - in terms of the newspaper; please share your ideas for Armaverse-themed stories :sol: I'll be sure to get the best ones in!

• Like 6

Market crash in denmark or some other western European state, NATO meeting on CSAT tensions, Tanoa natural disaster and UN relief effort discussion. Supposing its an Altis paper, local news like a sports section on the Altis Trojans football club and maybe some pro-governemnt/anti-NATO propaganda, report on an FIA assault on an AAF convoy or base. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Kydoimos said:

Ah, good thinking! A newspaper (and folded one) would be enormous fun to make - again, I'll try and throw it in there with the mug!

Thank you very much! Man, CSAT will not even venture outside anymore, they'll just stay indoors drinking coffee, reading the newspaper and working on their laptops (probably playing COD).. :-)

As for news items, maybe a small wink to OFP times? Like drug/weapon transports intercepted to/from Nogova.?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kydoimos said:

Oh - before I forget - in terms of the newspaper; please share your ideas for Armaverse-themed stories :sol: I'll be sure to get the best ones in!

The opening intro for Survive has a bunch of news stories on the bottom news ticker that you could run additional stories in your newspaper.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, joostsidy said:

As for news items, maybe a small wink to OFP times? Like drug/weapon transports intercepted to/from Nogova.?

Perhaps the Nogovan Armed Forces army group Troska Troop stopped them or group of drug traffickers are lead by a man called the dentist (look at the wiki for which OFP Story character). 

• Like 2

Just added the Syndikat drugs (single and multiple bricks), plus the box of chemlights. Got a backlog of models to make game ready - I plan to get them in very soon :P 

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Kydoimos said:

Just added the Syndikat drugs (single and multiple bricks), plus the box of chemlights. Got a backlog of models to make game ready - I plan to get them in very soon :P 

Ah that is splendid! Kinda a shame that BI didn't add Narcotics in the game but you got them covered :D

If it would be possible, could you make the smaller objects like Flashdrive and Mic etc inventory items 

. It would be awesome to walk up and snag them from the ground.

On 6/3/2016 at 10:24 PM, 1LT Creech said:

So, I have been trying to get this GCS to operate as a UAV terminal. I appreciate the documentation you have provided. I certainly wish more mod makers would do this. However, I cannot see where my stuff has taken a turn and not working.

I have done some research and have read the mod markers PDF files. I can't see why this isn't working, maybe you know?

I created a UAV named "UAV1" and a GCS named "GCS1".

In the init line of the GCS I placed:

this addAction ["Connect UAV", "uav.sqf"];

I created a SQF file in the mission root folder and named is uav.sqf. In the file I have this as per his pdf documentation.

//Variables
_UAV = UAV1
_GCS = GCS1

/* text after = is the name in the variable names assigned in editor */

//Set GCS Screen Texture
_GCS setObjectTexture [0, "#(argb,1024,1024,1)r2t(uavrtt,1)"];

//Lock Camera to UAV
_UAV lockCameraTo [_GCS, [0]];

//Create Camera and Render to Screen
_camera = "Camera" camCreate [0,0,0];
_camera cameraEffect ["internal", "Back", "uavrtt"];

//Attach Camera to UAV Memory Point
_camera attachTo [_UAV, [0,0,0], "PiP0_pos"];

/* The names of memory points will vary, depending on the object being used */

//Adjust Zoom
_camera camSetFov 0.1;

//Adjust Camera Orientation
addMissionEventHandler ["Draw3D",{
    _dir =
        (_UAV selectionPosition "PiP0_pos")
            vectorFromTo
        (_UAV selectionPosition "PiP0_dir");
    _camera setVectorDirAndUp [
    _dir,
        _dir vectorCrossProduct [-(_dir select 1), _dir select 0, 0]
    ];
}];
    _dir,
    _dir vectorCrossProduct [-(_dir select 1), _dir select 0, 0]
    ];
}];

The add action works and you can call the SQF file when you look at the terminal. However, it is throwing an error of a missing ";" around the _GCS setObjectTexture. I have triple checked the pdf and the BI Wiki on this string and I am stumped.  Would the sqf better work if it was called in the init.sqf rather than through an object init in the mission.sqm?

Any help is greatly appreciated. This is certainly one of the top object packs I have seen come out of Arma3. Kudos to the maker!

Would you please be able to send out a full working scirpt for the UAV terminal that you made would please