SuperM

3D Editor EDEN Trigger Problems?

Hello,

i was changing my mission and i notice that was one message in 2D editor, that 2d editor will be removed, so with that i need to move my mission to 3d editor.

Okay when i try to open it i got one error, i found the solution by adding one NPC.

After doing that, it was everything okay because i have opened the mission and made some changes etc..

But when i set it running in my server i notice that triggers are not working, i have triggers for safe zone messages, triggers for vehicle speed limit, and some more, but they are not working at all with 3d mission file, i try to save the file without compilation but the problem remains, what should i do? trigger problem will be fixed in the next updates or something? 

Im running one Altis Life Server and i don't want to lose all my job when the 2d editor got removed...

I have reply to one topic this one ( https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/188330-trigger-issues-in-eden/) it's almos the same but i got no answer, so i decide to create my own, because i saw some more people with the same problems in Altis Life forums but no one can tell us what to do.

I hope that some DEV can tell us something about this problem.

Thanks for your attention.

And sorry if i post this in the wrong section.

Triggers are not working currently in MP environments.

Apparently it's already fixed in Dev branch (from what I understand. I could be wrong) so expect the next update to solve this issue.

I read something about Fixed trigger today in this page ( https://dev.arma3.com/post/spotrep-00053 )

Are they fixed? because for me they still not working...

Eden Editor:

• Fixed: Triggers in multiplayer scenarios created in the Eden Editor would not trigger on clients

Nope, triggers are still not working with Hints, nor radio messages, for me either...

Nope, triggers are still not working with Hints, nor radio messages, for me either...

Really? Damn. I was looking forward to going home tonight and finishing up a mission with some clusters of (broken) triggers.

I really hope if they still are broken we can get a quick hotfix specifically designed to address this and not have to wait a couple more weeks.

EDIT: At least for me, this update has allowed triggers in my missions to work again.

Really? Damn. I was looking forward to going home tonight and finishing up a mission with some clusters of (broken) triggers.

I really hope if they still are broken we can get a quick hotfix specifically designed to address this and not have to wait a couple more weeks.

EDIT: At least for me, this update has allowed triggers in my missions to work again.

This is one of my triggers is anything wrong with it?

class Item468
		{
			dataType="Trigger";
			position[]={3644.9509,10.167008,13104.596};
			angle=0.087266311;
			class Attributes
			{
				name="safezone_1_4_3_1_5";
				text="Safezone";
				condition="this && (local player) && (vehicle player in thisList)";
				onActivation="hint parseText ""<t color='#7CFC00' size='2' align='center'>Attention!</t><br/> You are entering in a safe area"";";
				onDeactivation="hint ""You are leaving the safe ares."";";
				sizeA=40;
				sizeB=40;
				interuptable=1;
				repeatable=1;
				activationType="CIV D";
				activationBy="CIV";
				type="SWITCH";
			};
			id=469;
			type="EmptyDetector";

and it's just for civillians

I don't know why it's not working, because in editor they are working if i press play and then test they are working but when im in the server they don't work, only work in editor

SInce the fix, triggers seem to be working on our map, we use them for hints etc... 

I've even tried to replacing all the triggers after the fix and exporting the mission to multiplayer again - and its still the same on our end when we host the mission on the dedicated server. 

- Hints do not work, even tho the trigger does everything else its supposed to. 
- Radio message triggers do not work, as the "radio" option on your scroll menu is greyed out, its not even selectable. 

All triggers work when previewing the mission in the editor, singleplayer as well as hosting it locally from your computer when previewing it on multiplayer from the editor. But one you move the .pbo file to the dedicated server (on either of the two we have) - the triggers do not work as they should. No hints, no radio message activation. Its really annoying, as triggers sorta play a very important part of mission creating. So im really hoping it will be fixed soon - Eden Editor is brilliant and enables us to really make alot more polished missions alot faster - but it simply does not get to the level of quality as we want it to at the moment due to triggers not working properly.

Here's one of our hint triggers that seem to work fine now.

6E54352A317B0B0A342F05F88F3279D25CE3D650

hey,

ive been doing arma missions since eden came out and when triggers were bugged i spent 2-3 days reading into this locality topic and learning how to do coop missions who work in SP, Lan, and Dedicated.

so with the help of alot people i am now using FHQ TaskTracker for Join-in-Progress feature .

i use alot of sidechat to simulate voice chat between AI + the players and hints ofc too.

ive rebuilt a whole mission after the hotfix and ye, triggers are working alot better, but still not 100% reliable on clients. (like ~10-20% of the triggers when using hint ""; didnt work on clients sometimes)

so this is what im using currently to make sure everything works even with buggy triggers:

Since it seems that all triggers work absolutely flawless on the host,  we need a command that executes from the host and tells every client (+the host too if its a lan game) to execute the command like hint or sidechat :

if isServer then {[unit1, "bla bla"] remoteExec ["sideChat"];};

if isServer then {"This is a hint!" remoteExec ["hint"];};

these pages will help you understand:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/remoteExec
http://www.kylania.com/ex/?p=26

works for me in SP, LAN as host or client, dedicated as client.

Here's one of our hint triggers that seem to work fine now.

6E54352A317B0B0A342F05F88F3279D25CE3D650

I will test with this way and then i will comment with the results

I will test with this way and then i will comment with the results

I have done the same thing as you and it's not working in MP Dedicated server i don't know why i have testes with and without vehicle, with compiled version and decompiled and don't work

I have done the same thing as you and it's not working in MP Dedicated server i don't know why i have testes with and without vehicle, with compiled version and decompiled and don't work

Try this line on the condition 

this && (local player) && (vehicle player in thisList)

or 

this

Try this line on the condition 

this && (local player) && (vehicle player in thisList)

or 

this

Still not working and the first line "this && (local player) && (vehicle player in thisList)" is the line that i show here in this topic this one:

class Item468
		{
			dataType="Trigger";
			angle=0.087266311;
			class Attributes
			{
				text="Safezone";
				onActivation="hint parseText ""<t color='#7CFC00' size='2' align='center'>Attention!</t><br/> You are entering in a safe area"";";
				sizeA=40;
				sizeB=40;
				interuptable=1;
				repeatable=1;
				activationType="CIV D";
				activationBy="CIV";
				type="SWITCH";
			};
			id=469;
			type="EmptyDetector";

One problem I noticed with triggers is when you place one on the map,
copy it  and paste it when pasting trigger will be placed, BUT  it is copying the ALTITUDE of the trigger that you copied and placing it on map,and now I had some issues  where server log was filled up with Object not found code,and it was just endles lines of the code,and  server drops to 1fps and makes the mission unplayable :D So check your altitude for the trigger :P

One problem I noticed with triggers is when you place one on the map,

copy it  and paste it when pasting trigger will be placed, BUT  it is copying the ALTITUDE of the trigger that you copied and placing it on map,and now I had some issues  where server log was filled up with Object not found code,and it was just endles lines of the code,and  server drops to 1fps and makes the mission unplayable :D So check your altitude for the trigger :P

My altitude is fine look at this screenshot:

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Still not working and the first line "this && (local player) && (vehicle player in thisList)" is the line that i show here in this topic this one:

class Item468
		{
			dataType="Trigger";
			angle=0.087266311;
			class Attributes
			{
				text="Safezone";
				sizeA=40;
				sizeB=40;
				interuptable=1;
				repeatable=1;
				activationType="CIV D";
				activationBy="CIV";
				type="SWITCH";
			};
			id=469;
			type="EmptyDetector";

Have you tested it with out the deactivation? 

This is a rather stupid question,,, did you patch the server?

Have you tested it with out the deactivation? 

This is a rather stupid question,,, did you patch the server?

OMG dude that was not a stupid question, i am so noob omg i was trying everything and i forgot to update the server everything is working now xD

Thanks!!!

• Like 1

OMG dude that was not a stupid question, i am so noob omg i was trying everything and i forgot to update the server everything is working now xD

Thanks!!!

Lol awesome,  :D

have you encountered this error on Altis life : Group B Alpha 1-1 (0x51dc9d00) - network ID 2:5199 - no leader  ?

My triggers are working but a ground trigger setup to blow a ied activates when i fly over the trigger area spent hours cant find easy way to stop the height of the trigger

its setup 10 x 10 square height z = 0 any ides or simple script.

My triggers are working but a ground trigger setup to blow a ied activates when i fly over the trigger area spent hours cant find easy way to stop the height of the trigger

its setup 10 x 10 square height z = 0 any ides or simple script.

The next update will introduce a C axis for trigger which allows us to actually limit the hight of the trigger, until this is released on stable you'll need to exclude air units from the trigger condition. There should be plenty of tutorials on how to do that on the WWW. If not, feel free to open a thread in the mission editing forum section.