Vasily.B

EDEN Editor BUGS

Found solution to bug with uploading steam workshop scenarios in EDEN :
Problem resolved, to fix it, you need to go in settings (steam) > Cloud > Enable cloud sync.

I belive I found a severe bug for Eden Modders.

The wiki claims that attribute expressions are only saved to the mission.sqm when their value is different from the defaultValue

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Eden_Editor:_Configuring_Attributes

Only attributes with values different from the default are saved to the scenario file, which means only their expression will be called.

However, once I change the value of ONE attribute, the expressions of all other attributes for that unit, or mission are also saved to the mission.sqm and are also executed, causing tons of errors.

It would be great if a dev could tell me if the issue is on my side or whether it really is a bug.

Until then, I guess I have to re-add if !(_value isEqualTo ...) to every attribute again...

Hi

I am having an issue when making a "support gamemode"

When I set up a area - location that is synced to the trigger and sector module, i get a position on the map that the troops should take over.

It is marked on the map etc, all looks fine except that the troops all run to the area - location. 

If I move the area on top of the trigger, then it seems as though the size of the trigger does not matter, they only start taking over if they are really lucky and land juust on top of the area - location.

*Edit* sorry, ignore me, I think i just have not understood how it worked.

Bug / Issue : AI versions of turrets always playable.

I noticed there's no way to set or remove the "Player/Playable" status of the unit controlling the AI versions of automated turrets (Body-less unit controlling MK30A type).

Tried resolving with code but there's no way to set a unit to not playable, also the following command apparently does not currently work.

Here's a very quick video showing what I mean in MP editor.

(Fullscreen to read anything sorry)

You'll actually notice they show up as a "Player" (red not purple) even when there's multiple, which should not be possible I thought?

Anyone know a way to jerry-rig this problem, or was it overlooked? Obviously I can not use the AI turrets, but I'd really like to and don't want them to be player controlled.

Thanks guys! Apex & Tanoa are amazing.. the sugar factory + N/E port are the best helicopter playgrounds yet ;)

• Like 2

Bug / Issue : AI versions of turrets always playable.

I noticed there's no way to set or remove the "Player/Playable" status of the unit controlling the AI versions of automated turrets (Body-less unit controlling MK30A type).

Tried resolving with code but there's no way to set a unit to not playable, also the following command apparently does not currently work.

Here's a very quick video showing what I mean in MP editor.

(Fullscreen to read anything sorry)

You'll actually notice they show up as a "Player" (red not purple) even when there's multiple, which should not be possible I thought?

Anyone know a way to jerry-rig this problem, or was it overlooked? Obviously I can not use the AI turrets, but I'd really like to and don't want them to be player controlled.

Thanks guys! Apex & Tanoa are amazing.. the sugar factory + N/E port are the best helicopter playgrounds yet ;)

Nice catch!

• Like 1

Nice catch!

Cheers haha :P. I can understand how it was missed.. Without taking the unit out of the turret, or previewing / running the mission & looking at all the slots you wouldn't. I'm guessing it's the same Unit Class used for all Autonomous vehicle/turrets used this way, but might need to re-check the properties of multiple (Eg; Autonomous Laser Designator turret).

the random textures seem to be selected localy, so in a mp environment players see different paint job on civilian vehicles. tested on vanilla stable branch with the orig. arma 3 "suv" car.

Also i have a question about the editor, When im in the editor placing down objects aka building a bridge with 6 of the concrete land piers and save it then upload the mission.sqm to the live server half of what i placed is not showing up. Am i doing something wrong because i can go back into the editor and see that all is there but when i put it on the live server 2 or 3 of the bridge objects are just not there. What am i doing wrong because i really want to use this editor and make some cool things for my server but cant seem to understand why some of the stuff just doesnt show up.

===========================================================================================================================================================================================================

Update , Ok i have tried unchecking both snap placement and selected asl and atl whit my bridge i have built. Neither of them work and only 3 pieces are showing up every time and it also seems to set the ids incorrect. The 2d editor work just fine and in the 2d editor i could place down what ever i wanted save it load it up on the dedi server and bam all is there just like it should be. I cant do nothing with this new editor because half of the objects i place never show up, this is starting to become more of a hassle than fun because nothing works. I mean if i place down 5 sand bags in a row and save it, then upload it to the dedi server out of the 5 i place only 2 show up yet all the settings are the same on the ones showing up and the ones not showing up the settings are the same also.

I belive I found a severe bug for Eden Modders.

The wiki claims that attribute expressions are only saved to the mission.sqm when their value is different from the defaultValue

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Eden_Editor:_Configuring_Attributes

However, once I change the value of ONE attribute, the expressions of all other attributes for that unit, or mission are also saved to the mission.sqm and are also executed, causing tons of errors.

It would be great if a dev could tell me if the issue is on my side or whether it really is a bug.

Until then, I guess I have to re-add if !(_value isEqualTo ...) to every attribute again...

It seems that this behaviour only applies to custom scenario attributes. Object attributes are not written to the sqm if _value == defaultValue

Could any dev say whether that is a bug or not, please?

• Like 1

From the modding side of things:

- As reported above basically anything custom has some issues I think covered by Revo already, in addition the custom connections don't work properly (still including the early reported expressions not working), as in they don't "stick" after returning from preview like the 'vanilla' connections do; meaning a custom connection gets disconnected when returning to eden from preview..

- ConnectionChanged3DEN event does not get triggered when the connected entity is deleted, with any logic it should because, well, the connection is changed just like when disconnecting by connecting to nothing...

- AttributesChanged3DEN event has been partly fixed: previously it would not trigger when the entity was moved with translation widget or rotated with rotation widget, both of which change the attributes. Well, now the event gets triggered with translation widget (a fix I haven't seen any change log) so we're 3rd way there because I guess the new area widget (or whatever) should also trigger the said event and rotation widget is still not triggering it (on 1.62 stable)..

Yes but if i place said bride at a angle and connect say 7 more together to make a bridge with a ramp then like the 2d editor when i click save i should be able to load it on the server and it look just like i placed it not all messed up or missing things, there is a issue with the 3d editor with object placements and needs to be fixed because whats the point of spending 2hrs making a nice bridge and nothing shows up.

The camera speed settings can be set to 0 via slider, disabling the complete movement. I think it would be better to limit them to 0.01 - 1.5. Additionally it would be awesome if we could get a get/setCameraSpeed command.

When in window mode minimizing could cause accidental moving of an object (it doesn't always happen). Undo (CTRL+Z) doesn't catch that - for me it just deleted last placed object.

The edit boxes of the Advanced Fog Base control are not wide enough. To not break the design by widening the edit box I suggest the following:

- Round the value

- Remove the spaces between the measurement unit and the value (The X in the voice pitch attribute for example has no space, too)

- Remove the space between the minus (-) and the value

- Set the slider range from -999 to +999

- 502.24 m   =>  -502m

That way the edit box is perfectly filled while still looking professionel (Well designed)

Morning World, Me and my squad mates are playing a sort of dynamic co-op long term mission. Basically what I did is separated the map into hundreds of little zones and upon entering a zone you get a zone specific mission to do that when complete that zone becomes ours until we eventually own Tanoa but not like Domination, a little more personal for our squad.

My problem is when using the arsenal we can equip whatever we want, but I removed the arsenal to make things a little more interesting, we can only keep what we find doing missions, but there is something buggy in our game, we can only equip certain uniforms stuff we can equip include civilian clothes, insurgent clothes, syndikat outfits & bandit outfits but it doesn't allow us to equip any opfor stuff or stuff like the Pilot Coveralls also I (Host) seem to be the only one who is able to take ammunition from bodies, none of my squad can do this, I must also mention even though I am the host I am not the group leader and not even the group leader can take mentioned gear.

• Like 1

Random spawn isnt working for grouped AI units anymore. The AI just spawn at the default placment of the units, and the player is the only unit to randomly spawn at the markers.

method

I place empty markers and rename them spawn_1 spawn_2 etc.  Then I select all the spawn markers and set random start to the group leader unit / player.

Am i missing something ?

I used to sync the markers to the player and it worked perfectly every time. To make things even more confusing, my old missions on the workshop that were set up with random spawn still work after the apex update. So i think the problem has to be in the Eden Editor and the fact that you cant sync markers to units and waypoints anymore. The set random start works, but it is not keeping the grouped AI with the player / leader

link to old mission that still works in scenario or multiplayer mode, but breaks when loaded into the editor.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=625558644

if you set random start of all the markers to all the units in the group, all units randomly spawn, but not together. every now and then a unit or two will spawn with you, which proves its working, but failing to keep them grouped together when only one group leader unit is used.

set random start is even worse after the new update. now, nothing randomly spawns, all units just spawn at the default placement location.

Hey I feel like a bit of a noob asking but when I go to preview my missions it go's straight to the failed mission screen. anyone got an idea???

thanks so much and sorry for asking noob questions

The new Stance Attribute doesn't work correctly. If I try to set the stance, nothing happens, I have to first select a different stance, confirm the change, reopen the attribute and select the stance I want.

I i just got Apex 2 days ago and I wanted to make a mission. So I started to make it. Everything was fun until I changing the respawn setting in attributes. When I clicked on respawn and the selections came down, I couldint click on any of the selections, I tried everything but I couldint click on it. This also was a problem with other selections that work in the same way. Please tell me how to fix this, thank you.

Well, I haven't seen anything posted about this recently, so I guess I'll throw this out there. I've been having an issue with the Zeus virtual entity not working if repawns are enabled. I'm trying to set up a mission where I can play as Zeus to GM games for a few friends. I wanted to create my own mission (instead of just using the ZGM missions) to make a base for them to start in and set up some stuff around the map that I wanted to have more control over than is possible just in Zeus.

However, whenever I try to play as Zeus, it starts me out on the respawn screen, even though Zeus is set up as a Virtual Entity, and thus cannot spawn. This makes the Zeus Virtual Entity completely useless with respawns enabled. I have been looking and looking for a solution, and found a post from February where the Devs acknowledge this issue and say they are working on it, but it's October now and it is apparently still not working. I'd really like to see this get fixed, since the only workaround I've found is to create a character to inhabit and just go into the Zeus interface from there, which is cumbersome and appears to have limited options as opposed to the virtual entity Zeus. I really want to be able to make it work just like the ZGM missions, which seems to be impossible as far as I can tell. I am pretty new to content creation for Arma though, so I might just not know how to do it.

Not sure if this is a bug or if I missed something, as I couldn't find anything about this (not sure what to search for anyway), but it seems weird behaviour and I can't imagine that it's intended.

When an AI group starts a mission as cargo of a vehicle which is part of the group, but not the leader, the vehicle won't move or follow any waypoints. Only if the driver (or vehicle commander) is the groupleader, it will move at all.

- Place an AI group

- Add a truck next to the group

- Group truck to group leader

- Drag group into truck cargo

- Give group a move waypoint

- Preview mission: truck won't move

- Select truck driver as groupleader

- Preview mission: truck will move to waypoint

Same with any other transport vehicle / APC / whatever where the groupleader is in cargo position. This appears to only happen when dragging the group into the vehicle in Eden. When moving the group in cargo via script (assignAsCargo / moveInCargo) it works just fine. So, what am I doing wrong?

Why issue with unit list (self reseting) isnt fixed yet? Cant believe.....

Why issue with unit list (self reseting) isnt fixed yet? Cant believe.....

For someone who has said they no longer have Arma3 installed, why are you complaining about issues that wouldn't apply to you  :huh:

For someone who has said they no longer have Arma3 installed, why are you complaining about issues that wouldn't apply to you  :huh:

Beacuse i play this game almost every evening at stronger PC (at friend = with friend) and i reporterd this very long time ago.