Vasily.B

EDEN Editor BUGS

Currently on Dev and vehicles in my campaign are exploding when simulation is enabled - anyone else suffering similar issues? Seems to be only happening on the first time I preview the mission.

Are you by any chance using Revo's 3den Enhanced?

Yes.

My 3den Enhanced mod is not compatible with dev branch. I've even programmed a warning msg which pops up when Eden is started.

There is no ability to edit the OnLoadName command from the description in 3DEN. It really sucks that i have to keep the description.ext around just for that one command. So close!

My 3den Enhanced mod is not compatible with dev branch. I've even programmed a warning msg which pops up when Eden is started.

Yes, something is really oddly wrong with dev + Enhanced, the reason why vehicles blow up for example is that if you open the vehicle entity's attributes you get a scripting error:

Error in expression <lnull,[controlnull]];
private _symbol = param [2,"%",[""]];
private _value = par>
 7:32:23   Error position: <param [2,"%",[""]];
private _value = par>
 7:32:23   Error Type Number, expected String
 7:32:23 File A3\3DEN\Functions\fn_initSliderValue.sqf, line 20

and all sliders are set to 1 (100%, full..) which in turn of course sets the 3den Enhanced's advanced damage to 100% across the board destroying the entity on preview (if you press OK instead of cancel when closing the attributes of course)..

What's odd about it is that how would Enhanced be causing that.. Unless there's some config class clash due to Revo not using TAGged class names *tsk* *tsk* :P

Advanced damage attribute is using a vanilla control. That's why I believe the issue is not on my end, but then again, I didn't dig very deep because I am not supporting dev branch anyhow.

There is no ability to edit the OnLoadName command from the description in 3DEN. It really sucks that i have to keep the description.ext around just for that one command. So close!

This got buried on last page, can anyone confirm or am I missing something simple?

With an empty marker placed on map called "respawn_west" (only happens when the maker has that name) you can't play the scenario.

At least this is what happens to me, even though I clearly have put down a player unit. When you load the scenario the camera is stuck in the sky as if you had forgotten to put down a player unit.

If I delete/change the name of said marker this problem does not happen anymore.

Can anyone confirm?

With an empty marker placed on map called "respawn_west" (only happens when the maker has that name) you can't play the scenario.

At least this is what happens to me, even though I clearly have put down a player unit. When you load the scenario the camera is stuck in the sky as if you had forgotten to put down a player unit.

If I delete/change the name of said marker this problem does not happen anymore.

Can anyone confirm?

Did you make sure to select custom spawn location in the attributes tab?

Did you make sure to select custom spawn location in the attributes tab?

Yes, each setting is correctly set... weird thing is that this only happens with "respawn_west". Every other respawn marker works "respawn" "respawn_east" etc... I asked some guys of my unit that also edit missions and they say that they do not have this problem so I suppose it is something wrong on my side. Extremely annoying though :angry: 

I tried adding the marker "respawn_west" after finishing the rest of the mission and uploaded it to our server. Then I went and started loading the mission after picking up a role, it crashes back to "#missions" menu with an "error loading mission" message. I kind of worked my way around this using the "respawn" instead of "respawn_west" because what I am editing is a COOP mission with only one playable side. I will keep using that until a find what the hell is this crash.

Weird, does it happen on all missions you make our just this specific one? Try grabbing one if your buddies missions, d'pbo it and see if it works?

I've had some weird stuff happen where hidden characters and ASCII text gets hidden in sqm files. Sometimes starting from a known working sqm can help.

Other then that there is always the nuclear options. Verify, reinstall, and/or defrag.

Yes, something is really oddly wrong with dev + Enhanced, the reason why vehicles blow up for example is that if you open the vehicle entity's attributes you get a scripting error:

Error in expression <lnull,[controlnull]];
private _value = par>
 7:32:23   Error position: <param [2,"%",[""]];
private _value = par>
 7:32:23   Error Type Number, expected String
 7:32:23 File A3\3DEN\Functions\fn_initSliderValue.sqf, line 20

and all sliders are set to 1 (100%, full..) which in turn of course sets the 3den Enhanced's advanced damage to 100% across the board destroying the entity on preview (if you press OK instead of cancel when closing the attributes of course)..

What's odd about it is that how would Enhanced be causing that.. Unless there's some config class clash due to Revo not using TAGged class names *tsk* *tsk* :P

HA! I found the issue, and it's not my fault ;)

If you look up the onAttributeLoad expression for a default slider control, one can see that parameter 2 (_value) is wrong.

onAttributeLoad:

comment 'DO NOT COPY THIS CODE TO YOUR ATTRIBUTE CONFIG UNLESS YOU ARE CHANGING SOMETHING IN THE CODE!';        
_ctrlGroup = _this;        
[_ctrlGroup controlsgroupctrl 100,_ctrlGroup controlsgroupctrl 101,_value] call bis_fnc_initSliderValue;

BIS_fnc_initSlidervalue

private _ctrlSlider = param [0,controlnull,[controlnull]];
private _ctrlEdit = param [1,controlnull,[controlnull]];
private _value = param [3,false,[0]];

As you can see, parameter 2 is expecting a string, but parameter 2 in the function call is the value, which is a number.

The simple fix could look like this:

[_ctrlGroup controlsgroupctrl 100,_ctrlGroup controlsgroupctrl 101,nil,_value] call bis_fnc_initSliderValue;

and it's not my fault

:P

It actually somehow kinda is (although I'd say this more of case of undocumented feature within 3den configs), if you debug that function without your mod the only input it gets is what is on the onLoad event (not onAttributeLoad), [control, control].

Debugging with your mod loaded it gets also [control, control, 0] and [control, control, 0.5] both of which cause the scripting error, both of which also are your defaultValues for those slider using attributes.

So somehow your defaultValue for those attributes seems to be the culprit.. :shrug: :huh:

The non-TAGged classnames is still a valid point though (because they should be tagged unless the 'laws of modding' have changed in recent times) ;)

Debugging with your mod loaded it gets also [control, control, 0] and [control, control, 0.5] both of which cause the scripting error, both of which also are your defaultValues for those slider using attributes.

So somehow your defaultValue for those attributes seems to be the culprit.. :shrug: :huh:

That's exactly what I explained above.

The non-TAGged classnames is still a valid point though (because they should be tagged unless the 'laws of modding' have changed in recent times) ;)

I may do that if I find the time, atm there's no need for the extra work.

What I was trying to point out was that with vanilla attributes with sliders the function doesn't error out (as in _value is not passed by them) and I find it curious as to why would it happen with your mod when you're using the same exact slider defs as the vanilla ones use (as far as I can tell?).

As in why would your attributes pass the _value in the function when BIS attributes don't, that's all.

Not trying to 'blame' anyone with anything here, just curious :), these kinds of things bug the hell out of me if can't figure out the reason :P

Is it just me, or is every drop down menu with triggers, etc in the 3d editor broken? I cannot select any of the options. 

Seems to work fine here :shrug:

Hi guys - can anyone confirm that the azimuths of Game Logics are getting reset to 0 when exporting from the 2D editor to the 3D editor? Also, has anyone had issues with vehicles randomly exploding when their simulation is enabled via script? I'm not running any mods or anything like that :)

can anyone confirm that the azimuths of Game Logics are getting reset to 0 when exporting from the 2D editor to the 3D editor?

Yes, has been like that since the beginning.

Not sure if intended or not, but seeing that gamelogics have no visual cue about their rotation it might be.

It is a bit annoying because I use scripts that work with the orientation of a game logics which means each logic has to be turned by hand again after import, it seems that when you change the rotation of the logic in 3den it still works though so the import process should be tweakable on this regard. :shrug:

vehicles randomly exploding when their simulation is enabled via script?

Confirmed..

Fixed: Using Slider attribute GUI could result in script errors in some cases (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/188714-eden-editor-bugs/?p=3020297)

Thanks for looking into this, very much apprechiated. Unfortunately, there is still an issue, which I didn't catch before (maybe it wasn't present)

private _coef = if (_symbol == "%") then {100} else {1}; 
private _coefDecimals = switch true do {  //This part seems to be odd. The conditions are twice _coef >= 100
    case (_coef >= 100): {1};
    case (_coef >= 100): {10};
    default {100};
};

My educated guess is, that the _value will exceed the min max limits of the slider range, and then it will automatically be set to 100% (1)

I don't know the behaviour of switch do when multiple conditions are met and I unfortunately lack the time to test it thoughroughly today.

Summary of the issue:

- sliderPositions will be set to 100% (1) if the default value is > 0

- If an attribute is opened, and even though the positions were not changed, the next time one opens the window, all sliderPositions are set to 100% (1)

28sec video

Thanks for info, both the typo with duplicate 100s and the incorrect slider value after opening attributes window should be fixed in the next dev build.

Karel...you are my Hero. Don't tell the rest of the guys... :D Thanks

Regarding the exploding vehicles when launching missions in Eden, I set the vehicles allowDamage to false. This seemed to do the trick, until I realized everyone in the vehicle began the mission dead! lol - no idea what's happening there! :P

Thanks for info, both the typo with duplicate 100s and the incorrect slider value after opening attributes window should be fixed in the next dev build.

7342828.jpg