Vasily.B

EDEN Editor BUGS

Ok, so it is not what i did then? Will this issue be fixed?

That's a good question. I would hope they fix the issue in the conversion process.

My personal fix (I have little faith in a fix coming out anytime soon) was to remake my map entirely that was having the same issue. It is honestly such a stupid error that you can literally copy and paste stuff back into a fresh editor mission and you are done. Do not copy the mission.sqm of course but it is possible to convert your mission to Eden, save it, start a new mission and save it with a new name, load the old one, copy stuff on the map (ctrl+c), open the new mission and paste it in (ctrl+v of course). I had to do zero tinkering with any old scripts I had and the play functions worked again.

Anyone having issues with making 3DEN read a description.ext after today's or yesterday's update?

Found two bugs:

1. The checkbox state of "Place vehicles with crew" checkbox in the asset browser is not preserved.
  2. Changing the time of the day via the edit boxes causes a script error

On another note, doesn't the Rank attribute better fit into the Identity category? In my opinion a rank is something you can identify youself or others with and I don't see how it fits into the same category as "Ammo", "Health/Armor". Just my 2cents.

That's a good question. I would hope they fix the issue in the conversion process.

My personal fix (I have little faith in a fix coming out anytime soon) was to remake my map entirely that was having the same issue. It is honestly such a stupid error that you can literally copy and paste stuff back into a fresh editor mission and you are done. Do not copy the mission.sqm of course but it is possible to convert your mission to Eden, save it, start a new mission and save it with a new name, load the old one, copy stuff on the map (ctrl+c), open the new mission and paste it in (ctrl+v of course). I had to do zero tinkering with any old scripts I had and the play functions worked again.

Ok. I did copy and paste my missions a few times, but the error keeps re-occuring every time I test it out. Thanks for the input. 

You weren't copy and pasting out of the mission.sqm though right? My only thought is that something is wrong in the code.

Also, if you haven't already set up the attributes and make sure respawn is on. It may help.

Anyone having issues with making 3DEN read a description.ext after today's or yesterday's update?

Works fine here I guess..

At least a value __EXEC:d in desc..ext apears in parsingNamespace.

Works fine here I guess..

At least a value __EXEC:d in desc..ext apears in parsingNamespace.

Maybe it's a bug with the new respawn menu. I wanted to test it in a hosted session, copied all the code in the description.ext and init.sqf from the thread, but it doesn't work anymore. Gonna test it again after today's update.

Custom connections broken for anyone else?

Mine don't seem to be triggering the ConnectionChanged3DEN event anymore :(

Custom connections broken for anyone else?

Mine don't seem to be triggering the ConnectionChanged3DEN event anymore :(

Have they ever worked for you? Last time I checked, the expression wasn't even called.

Yes they worked, the connection was made, a nice line drawn between the objects and the connections EH returned the custom connection type and stuff just like the vanilla connections.

The expression hasn't worked, not sure if it's even supposed to since none of the vanilla connections even have the expression value defined in any way :shrug:

EDIT:

Nevermind, was something I screwed up, repacked all my stuff again and now they work.

Edited by h -

You weren't copy and pasting out of the mission.sqm though right? My only thought is that something is wrong in the code.

Also, if you haven't already set up the attributes and make sure respawn is on. It may help.

No, it was a fresh mission.sql. I would copy and paste into the new mission file. I tested the mission without ACE3 running and this seemed to fix the issue I was having. I will test some more now to see if it was ACE or the recent visual update? Thanks

Anytime you copy from one template to another, or import any sort of variable in the unit name, it adds + _1 to the end.

So if you have any sort numbering scheme (IE, modules named ares, ares_1, ares_2) with any sort of scripting around it it will change everything up one. (ares_1,ares_2,ares_3) which is really a huge pain in the ass if any sort of script is based on variable names.

It does this with objects, modules, markers, etc.

Simple repro too, just copy a named variable from 1 3D edit to a new one (that has nothing on it) and it will add anyways.

• Like 1

No, it was a fresh mission.sql. I would copy and paste into the new mission file. I tested the mission without ACE3 running and this seemed to fix the issue I was having. I will test some more now to see if it was ACE or the recent visual update? Thanks

Yes let me know, I haven't rebuilt my ACE modules into the mission file I'm working with yet, would be good if we could find the problem module and pass it forward to the ACE team.

• Like 1

Disappointing to see the placement radius is not fixed, i use this a lot for randomness, i hope its on their list.

The issue:

Place group down with you as leader, set large placement radius in your characters init that covers the whole island... when playing the mission you may spawn in the sea and your group does not spawn on your position, works fine in 2D 

Disappointing to see the placement radius is not fixed, i use this a lot for randomness, i hope its on their list.

The issue:

Place group down with you as leader, set large placement radius in your characters init that covers the whole island... when playing the mission you may spawn in the sea and your group does not spawn on your position, works fine in 2D 

I think its not as bug, but intented behavior. If it would not be as it is now, you would not be able to put whole squad in building, on selected position - just like in 2D, you were putting people from the squad in some places, and they were spawning in formation insetad of secelcted places - not in building.

For now it works liek it should, if you wanna randomness of squad spawning, mark whole squad, open it atributes, and change placement radious.

I have the problem that the marker position wouldn't save correctly.

The marker would placed in the bottom left corner of the map altis.

In 3DEN the marker still on the right place. Only in the mp the marker position isn't correct.

The other markers in the picture would placed bevor 1.58.

mw4a7bf9.jpg

i8ekpyu8.jpg

UPDATE 1:

Now I have changed the marker from "leer" to "wählen".

The marker is on the right place, but the TaskDestination using not the getMarkerPos "South-East Base".

op4j3vpt.jpg

briefing.sqf

South_East_Base = player createSimpleTask ["South-East Base"];
South_East_Base setSimpleTaskType "attack";
South_East_Base setSimpleTaskDestination (getMarkerPos "South-East Base");
South_East_Base setSimpleTaskDescription ["<br />
Erobern Sie die South-East Base.<br />
<br />
Die South-East Base ist das feindliche Hauptquartier im Süd-Osten. 
Von dort aus werden auch Angriffe gegen uns koordiniert. 
Auch das Seegebiet der Pyrgos-Bucht liegt in deren Zuständigkeit.<br />
<br />
Erobern Sie die Basis!<br />
","South-East Base","South-East Base"];

Can somebody confirm this task overhaul issue?

I can't create my missions at the moment.

My Mods (Newest Versions):

- BWMod

- RHS: Russia

- RHS: USA

- ACE3

- ALiVE

- CBA A3

- ADR-97 Weapon Pack

- Task Force Radio

My Arma:

- 1.58 Stable

- German

Are the devs aware of the issue where the rotation of objects would reset if their position is moved without the Translation Widget? That's a major issue especially with the newly introduced composition creation tool. All compositions which change the orientation of objects can only be moved with the Translation Widget.

Additionally, the expressions of preference attribute are still not executed when Eden is opened. Are we modders supposed to use an EH for that, or is that an issue which will be fixed?

Modules tend to forget about the "placement radius", is that a known problem? I think it is after saving mission and reload. I have a mission where spawn positions depend on the modules position.

For now it works liek it should, if you wanna randomness of squad spawning, mark whole squad, open it atributes, and change placement radious.

Maybe some mis-understanding but this is what i mean, that option no longer works in Eden, its broken.

Half way through creating a mission, i set independent(AAF) Independents Allegiance  to be friendly(shaking hands icon) to me(CSAT), and hostile(cross swords) to NATO. When i preview the mission, all the AAF starts shooting at me and my CSAT guys. Whats wrong here?

Has anyone here tried to use the LoiterDirection control in a custom attribute? It seems that this control has not expressions defined for onAttributeLoad/save defined.

I'm having major issues with game logics. Height and azimuths are getting reset when exporting from 2D editor to 3D editor!

• Like 1

It is just me, or did bis break all of the scroll down options in 3D editor? I cannot change them.