Vasily.B

EDEN Editor BUGS

As i dont see thread like this, and feedback is still down, i need to write it here.

Paramterer DontCreateAi in eden is not working, which causes a serious problems in RHS mod apc's and BMP's.

Also i wanna report/suggest one way to increase joy of using Eden - create shortcut for synchronizing. In 2D editor we used F5, now we have to click rRMB and choose option to synchronise with every unit we want to do so, its very time consuming on some missions (as you have to sync over 50 objects).

Overally Im staring to enjoy your new child (EDEN) and i think its gonna be historical moment of BIS.

Post all your Eden / non-Eden bugs / issues / wishes to FT and link them here because keeping up with a thread for bugs is a PITA for the devs.

Post all your Eden / non-Eden bugs / issues / wishes to FT and link them here because keeping up with a thread for bugs is a PITA for the devs.

Hate to quote myself but :

As i dont see thread like this, and feedback is still down, i need to write it here.

Not sure if it wouldn't be better to create a new thread for each issue like on the FT, at least that's  how everyone else did it ;)

Not sure if it wouldn't be better to create a new thread for each issue like on the FT, at least that's  how everyone else did it ;)

For 1 bug and one feature request? If everyone will do so, there will be big mess till they fix FT. Every thread for ~6 posts max isnt too good idea.

I was asked to publish this malfunctioning reproduction (2D to 3D) on this forum : 

The "SetObjectTexture" does not working on Eden Editor while it was functioning on the 2D editor. But it workS when I create the mission directly in the Eden 3D Editor.

And also I have noticed one minor problem :

when I use mods on the Eden Editor and a domination script : When I want to exit the "play test session" and hit "return to the editor" I can't move the 3D camera anymore.

Only the x, y ,z axes are moving so I'm contrained to switch on the 2D map. I use to use the automatic kick of the script to return properly to the eden editor.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi,

One annoying thing I encountered using 3DEN is the fact that the unit list on the right partially expand each time i open the attributes of an object.

2 screenshots in order to explain myself  :

Before opening the attributes of that soldier, units categories lists on the right are not expanded :

http://i.imgur.com/o4IcCbS.jpg

On the moment I open the attributes, categories are expanded, displaying NATO > men (or CSAT or AAF, depending on the side selected) :

http://i.imgur.com/WJRwDFE.jpg

• Like 2

Hi,

One annoying thing I encountered using 3DEN is the fact that the unit list on the right partially expand each time i open the attributes of an object.

2 screenshots in order to explain myself  :

Before opening the attributes of that soldier, units categories lists on the right are not expanded :

http://i.imgur.com/o4IcCbS.jpg

On the moment I open the attributes, categories are expanded, displaying NATO > men (or CSAT or AAF, depending on the side selected) :

http://i.imgur.com/WJRwDFE.jpg

i can confirm this.

• Like 1

When copying and pasting objects, markers anything onto a clean map Eden will rename things, so for example if there is a marker called "mkr" Eden will rename it mkr_1

If have a large spawn radius on a unit that includes part of the ocean the unit will now spawn in the ocean.

EDIT: Another issue with a large spawn radius on a group leader, it will not take members of the group.

• Like 1

New Bugs found:
- There is no possibility to change commander of a group, even by increasing its rank.
- List of available units is resetting to default faction (CSAT/NATO/GREENTEA :) ) after placing/editing unit

While building a base I think I found two bugs:

- Whenever I set any kind of personalised container (with inventory, I mean) sometimes I am unable to pick up the items in it. When I drag something from the box into my vest, for example, it does nothing.

- Doesn't matter how I set the respawn modules/description.ext/scripts each second player that joins in progress appears as a seagull. You can "fix" this if said player completely leaves the server and joins again. Then the same thing happens to the next player that joins. 

Pictures attached:

• Without modifying box's content:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/289726966084842011/C7E92A67FF53BBE19500C5358A34C013F91D0700/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/289726966084842115/30AB3DEEBD7816A1B07C3C136D8E53E2E29B63F9/

• Modifying box's content:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/289726966084841582/00E69A3B0604F3D58460D3935F23213438082651/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/289726966084841822/9CA07BBB936F844A79D2C22BDEDB133FEE8A6D02/

While building a base I think I found two bugs:

- Whenever I set any kind of personalised container (with inventory, I mean) sometimes I am unable to pick up the items in it. When I drag something from the box into my vest, for example, it does nothing.

- Doesn't matter how I set the respawn modules/description.ext/scripts each second player that joins in progress appears as a seagull. You can "fix" this if said player completely leaves the server and joins again. Then the same thing happens to the next player that joins. 

Pictures attached:

Found this same bug. we were able to get our templates to work with the 3d editor seemed like whatever hot-patch was released last Wednesday 3/9/16 did the problem. after a few hours of trying to debug the system we still couldnt get the problem fixed.

I've got a script to get boxes/cargo/etc with whatever you want to work:

if (isServer) then {
 while {true} do {
  if isnull _this exitwith {};
  if not alive _this exitwith {};
  clearweaponcargoGlobal _this;
  clearmagazinecargoGlobal _this;
  clearitemcargoGlobal _this;
  clearBackpackCargoGlobal _this;

// Add whatever you want to the box

};
};

Then write on the init. of the box this :  " _null = this execVM "box.sqf"; "

I have an issue with eden editor too, that can't force custom name to an unit, here is how to reproduce this issue:

1- open eden editor

2- place a rifleman

3- double click on him to open properties

4- in "object>identify>name" put a new name like "jack"

5- preview mission and see his name in map menu in team section, or in above right bar of map view

6- as you see he still has his default name instead of "jack".

Is it a bug or intentional that if you setVariable something into an entity in 3DEN the setVariabled variable is not available in the previewed mission?

As in, if I'm in the editor, type into the debug console player setVariable ["hello", "world"], preview mission and try for example systemChat str(player getVariable "hello") nothing is shown because there is no such variable (not shown in the allVariables array).

Intentional, Eden and the Mission are two separate things. Adding a variable to an object in the editor, when you preview everything is destroyed and remade from the SQM.

Just think of Eden as another mission, which is all its is, but it is a direct copy of your saved mission.

You would not expect a variable to last if you set it on an object from the debug console in a running mission and then reloaded(not talking about saves) the mission. Same idea with Eden.

Yes, I'm aware how the editor works, was just hoping the namespaces would be copied over..

Would have made it like that myself :P

Are developers reading this? What about DontCreateAI? What about The self-expanding units list? Unit Names? I dont want to get this nasty, but it look like, 1.58 is closer and none of this will get fixed, and when people will start to complain, you will reply - there was not issue reported...

Is it a bug or intentional that if you setVariable something into an entity in 3DEN the setVariabled variable is not available in the previewed mission?

As in, if I'm in the editor, type into the debug console player setVariable ["hello", "world"], preview mission and try for example systemChat str(player getVariable "hello") nothing is shown because there is no such variable (not shown in the allVariables array).

It is intentional, more detailed description can be found on Community Wiki (with flowcharts!)

Right, somehow missed that whole object variables part, my bad then (again :P )..

Any reason why it is so though?

Or is it just technically not feasible?

Crosslinking to a thread about MP-related bug. While this bug might seem purely cosmetic it can be quite annoying in large 100+ TvT scenarios.

Group names in MP lobby do not correspond to actual in-Eden and ingame squad names. Currently if you create a new scenario in 3D editor all items and units you place on map get their common absolute IDs in the order you create them.

Easily reproducible:
-While in 3D editor start a new scenario, name and save it
-Place, say, 10 HESCO barriers, 5 Cargo Towers, 5 empty Offroads
-Place 2 BLUFOR squads (playable)
-Place 2 OPFOR squads (playable)

-Notice that while you are still in 3D editor all 4 squads have correct names (Blufor Alpha 1-1, Blufor Alpha 1-2, Opfor Alpha 1-1, Opfor Alpha 1-2)
-Save the mission and export it to Multiplayer
-When you choose this mission in Multiplayer at the role assignment stage in the MP lobby group names become something like Blufor Bravo 2-1, Blufor Lima 1-1, Opfor Kilo 1-1, Opfor Kilo 1-2. Moreover, units descriptions inside a squad read something like 33:Squad Leader, 34:Rifleman, 35:Autorifleman etc. instead of 1:Squad Leader, 2:Rifleman, 3:Autorifleman etc.
-However after you start this MP mission the squads get their correct names at the briefing stage and in game

Scenario variables are not saved between scenarios. That's how it works since OFP.

Think of it as a campaign:

* 1st scenario - editor

* 2nd scenario - preview

* 3rd scenario - editor again

* 4th scenario - editor on different terrain

* etc.

Scenario variables are not saved between scenarios. That's how it works since OFP.

Think of it as a campaign:

* 1st scenario - editor

* 2nd scenario - preview

* 3rd scenario - editor again

* 4th scenario - editor on different terrain

* etc.

Even if it's not directly related to Eden, I'm very hopeful a BI dev could provide an advice...

How does one make a table like this (from OFP: Resistance): http://i.imgur.com/zlvii2O.jpg

I'd love to see some stats tracking in Apex coop campaign, too. Perhaps a basis for that is currently WIP by BIS themselves? :)

I have a bug with waypoint system in my 3den editor. When I try to give waypoint to a fireteam/squad I cannot set state of that waypoint. It stays unchanged no matter what.

Here is screenshot of this problem: http://i.imgur.com/hSJA31h.jpg

I tried this to restart my game but problem still continues to occur.

EDIT: I can use arrow keys to select states but cannot use mouse or scroll.

EDIT2: My friends have told me that they don't have this problem so it's a bug in my editor. I also noticed that it affects every menu like that in the attributes window like attributes of triggers and such.

EDIT3: I reinstalled Arma 3 and problem still persists. I tried to make a new profile in arma and it didn't help either. I have Windows 10.

• Like 1

AttributesChanged3DEN eventhandler doesn't 'fire' when entity is being moved around using translation widget.

It does 'fire' when moving the object by dragging it..

So, bug or intentional?

If intentional, pretty weird if it is because isn't it pretty much the same attribute that's being changed despite the method..