Dwarden

A2/A2:OA beta CorePatch 01.03.2016

I made tests with AI-controlled Tunguska and Shilka using current beta, and they did auto-engage enemy ground units if they are under combatmode RED waypoint orders.

On 3/20/2017 at 5:09 PM, OMAC said:

I made tests with AI-controlled Tunguska and Shilka using current beta, and they did auto-engage enemy ground units if they are under combatmode RED waypoint orders.

Can you test with warfare module?  I've only had them not fire at ground units in warfare, but they do shoot with no warfare. 

Edit: Went back to beta and I do see them fire at ground units in warfare. 

Edit 2: I believe it may be related to CBA and fireatwill addons.  I just realized that after reinstalling the game, I wasn't running the addons when they would fire.  More testing is needed.

In non beta was getting garbage collector error as well.  Modules stops soon after.  There's an ACM error as well.

I submitted GC fix to Dwarden week ago, we're just waiting for it to hit A2 beta.

• Like 2

There are 2 Config_Squads.sqf, one in warfare2 and warfare2_e.  The one in warfare2_e is bugged as its missing -1 and throws script errors.  Should be removed or replaced.

for [{_count1 = Count WestTeamTemplateFactionIndex}
for [{_count1 = Count EastTeamTemplateFactionIndex}
for [{_count1 = Count ResistanceTeamTemplateFactionIndex}

the lines should be like in warfare2

for [{_count1 = Count WestTeamTemplateFactionIndex - 1}
for [{_count1 = Count EastTeamTemplateFactionIndex - 1}
for [{_count1 = Count ResistanceTeamTemplateFactionIndex - 1}

In bear rising scenario got this error at start

Warning Message: Script CorePatch\CorePatch_WF\Scripts\Server\Server_UpdateAirport.sqf not found

On 3/22/2017 at 1:15 AM, pcc said:

In bear rising scenario got this error at start

Warning Message: Script CorePatch\CorePatch_WF\Scripts\Server\Server_UpdateAirport.sqf not found

That error has been around for a long, long time, and reported many times. 

The airport object in the mission needs to have its init field corrected to go back to Warfare's Server_UpdateAirport script.  It might not be the only mission, there might be others with capturable airports.

Where it has:

ExecVM "CorePatch\CorePatch_WF\Scripts\Server\Server_UpdateAirport.sqf";

it should now be:

ExecVM "ca\Warfare2\Scripts\Server\Server_UpdateAirport.sqf";

Edited by opusfmspol
  • Like 2

In warfare Config_Structures.sqf, Russian kord high names are incorrect.

_v = _v		+ ["DSHKM"];
_n = _n		+ ["DSHKM_RU"];

Should be

_v = _v		+ ["DShKM"];
_n = _n		+ ["KORD_high"];

Also, the m6 linebacker, has the same issue the tunguska had before patch.   It doesn't prefer to use its missiles enough against aircraft.   Maybe its cost is set too high as well.

Warfare recon mission completion/cancel error

Error in expression <&& ((taskState _task) == "Created") && (_taskDist < _minDist)) then {_minDist = >
  Error position: <_taskDist < _minDist)) then {_minDist = >
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _taskdist
File CA\Warfare2\Scripts\Client\Client_UpdateMissionMarkers.sqf, line 206
Serialization of Display variables is not implemented
Error in expression <&& ((taskState _task) == "Created") && (_taskDist < _minDist)) then {_minDist = >
  Error position: <_taskDist < _minDist)) then {_minDist = >
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _taskdist
File CA\Warfare2\Scripts\Client\Client_UpdateMissionMarkers.sqf, line 206
Error in expression <onTasks Select _count1;
_taskLocation = _taskIter Select 2;

if ((_taskIter Sele>
  Error position: <_taskIter Select 2;

if ((_taskIter Sele>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _taskiter
File CA\Warfare2\Scripts\Client\Client_UpdateMissionMarkers.sqf, line 103

Warfare error that happens randomly.   I think it's related to team respawn.

Error in expression <nstants GetVariable "BASERANGE")) then {_driver DoMove ([Leader _team,6,15] Call>
  Error position: <_driver DoMove ([Leader _team,6,15] Call>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _driver
File CA\Warfare2\Scripts\Server\Functions\Server_BuyUnit.sqf, line 119

Is there a reason why AI driver/gunner dismounting in a group of more than 1 wheeled vehicles with turrets after engaging hostiles?

The crew just goes into harms way, they do it even if vehicles are undamaged.

On 26.4.2017 at 3:47 AM, pcc said:

Is there a reason why AI driver/gunner dismounting in a group of more than 1 wheeled vehicles with turrets after engaging hostiles?

The crew just goes into harms way, they do it even if vehicles are undamaged.

Hi there, I can confirm this AI behavior. This happened with several different vehicles (Stryker MGS, Stryker TOW, UAZ DshKM, UAZ AGS-30) and without a AI Mod activated. The driver disembarks without any reason when under fire.

• Like 1

This seems to be default fsm behavior in the Arma 2 Beta. This commands can help you to elude this problem with vehicles: {_x disableAI "FSM"} foreach crew this;  this allowCrewInImmobile true

Edit: I think this fsm behavior is linked to the updated formationCDanger.fsm in the corepatch. (Corepatch anti prone tweak). When removed from the corepatch, the reported problems do not occur.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 9:52 PM, opusfmspol said:

Related to SILVIE:

Error in expression <1, 0];	_car setVectorUp (surfaceNormal _tempPos);_car setvariable ["SILVIE_id">
  Error position: <_tempPos);_car setvariable ["SILVIE_id">
  Error Missing )
File ca\modules\silvie\data\scripts\spawnVehicle.sqf, line 36

It's using surfaceNormal command in setting vector.

wiki lists entities and surfaceNormal commands as OA 1.60 (won't work for A2).

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 10:24 PM, dwarden said:

the CP team will take look into it ... just need to be adjusted into A2 limitations

thanks for the report @opusfmspol

Following up with an observation;

Where SILVIE's "spawnVehicle.sqf" (beta) has this line, which causes the .rpt error in A2:

_car setVectorUp (surfaceNormal _tempPos);

This line works in both A2 and OA in an editor mission, and clears the error from .rpt:

if (count supportInfo "u:surfaceNormal*" > 0) then {_car setVectorUp (Call Compile Format ["surfaceNormal %1",_tempPos])};

When I tried simple "if then" with setVectorUp surfaceNormal, A2 encountered the OA command,

but it seems stringing the OA command in a format statement can keep A2 from encountering it.

The latest corepatch causes a graphical glitch with the AK-107. The AK-107 GL, PSO, and GL+PSO versions are fine and do not have the graphical glitch. Just the AK-107

While firing the AK-107 the bolt graphically extends back towards the buttstock. The graphical glitch on the AK-107 is more pronounced while reloading a completely empty clip of the AK-107.

Please confirm. This is with no mods and the prior corepatch version did not have this graphical glitch with the AK-107.

Thanks

There is a graphical issue with the RPK-74 aswell. There seems to be an issue with a low poly shadow lod. Some part of the lod is extruded endlessly. Maybe that shadow lod isn't closed. (CorePatch_CIT_70371).

On 8/20/2017 at 11:35 AM, revolverocelotkjb said:

The latest corepatch causes a graphical glitch with the AK-107. The AK-107 GL, PSO, and GL+PSO versions are fine and do not have the graphical glitch. Just the AK-107

While firing the AK-107 the bolt graphically extends back towards the buttstock. The graphical glitch on the AK-107 is more pronounced while reloading a completely empty clip of the AK-107.

Please confirm. This is with no mods and the prior corepatch version did not have this graphical glitch with the AK-107.

Thanks

In addition to this the 

JSRS 1.5 Final sound issue with the following weapons:

Fn FAL (All firing modes) 

M14 (Full firing mode only)

G36A (All firing modes)

G36K (All firing modes)

These weapon sounds in the reported firing modes are the vanilla game sounds and not the modded JSRS Final sounds for these weapons. I reverted to an earlier version of the game to test and can confirm these firing sounds after corepatch are not correct.

These issues were fixed in a prior version of corepatch but either the current version of corepatch does not include these fixes or they were reverted back for some reason???

@Dwarden, after update game to the legacy version, steam does not delete the files of the ACR lite.

Don't know when exactly it was updated but I do notice that some units have been added to various factions. MVD and Spetsnaz now have Medic units. Where are these units located? Which file? Corepatch or Community Configuration Project E ?

32 minutes ago, revolverocelotkjb said:

Don't know when exactly it was updated but I do notice that some units have been added to various factions. MVD and Spetsnaz now have Medic units. Where are these units located? Which file? Corepatch or Community Configuration Project E ?

that was part of the last official 1.63 patch.

19 hours ago, Beagle said:

that was part of the last official 1.63 patch.

Thanks for the reply Beagle. Hard to believe I just now noticed this in the Editor! :)

I searched though a lot of the obvious files for these added units but can't seem to find them. They're not in the ARMA2/Addons/characters2 file or at least I didn't see them there. Could you advise which file these units are located in?

Thanks

6 hours ago, revolverocelotkjb said:

Thanks for the reply Beagle. Hard to believe I just now noticed this in the Editor! :)

I searched though a lot of the obvious files for these added units but can't seem to find them. They're not in the ARMA2/Addons/characters2 file or at least I didn't see them there. Could you advise which file these units are located in?

Thanks

The units were not new at all. They just had the lines for healing action added.

So just to confirm. The following units are not part of the official 1.63 patch. They are a part of a fairly recent update to corepatch. (Admittedly I am offline from Steam a lot)

"MVD_Soldier_Medic",
            "RU_Soldier_Engineer",
            "RUS_Soldier_Medic",
            "TK_Special_Forces_Medic_EP1",
            "UN_CDF_Soldier_Engineer_EP1",
            "UN_CDF_Soldier_Medic_EP1"

Just uninstalled the entire Arma 2 series and reinstalled to test. After some searching the units above are located in:

Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead / Expansion / Addons / corepatch 

CorePatch_CCP_70799 

Thanks to the corepatch team on their continuing efforts! :)

Did some progress with Corepatch recently, includes:

M240 M145 didn't move scope lenses during reload
	Jackal smaller model tweaks and fixes
	Jackal M2 Woodland had desert textures in gunner first person view
	HMMWV SOV had untextured frames in first person view, plus minor fixes
	RPK magazine model adjusted to represent real magazine
	faulty textures and shadows on some CCP magazine models
	BRDM-2 had no damaged material
	Damaged materials on T-55, BTR-60 and BTR-40 looked like fully destroyed ones
	ZSU-23 Shilka guns elevation increased to more realistic 80 degrees
	ZSU-23 Shilka geometry LOD fixed, no longer flips when aiming high up
	Mi-8 proper holographic sights
	Mi-8 MTV3 front gunner visual bugs
	Mi-8 rotor shaft wasn't turning with the rotor itself
	ACR Mi-8 had no squad logo
	Various Mi-8 model issues across all versions
	MTVR driver proxy position

Some screens:

RPK74 magazine, fixed magazine models from CCP

RPK74 UI icons

Real holographic sight for Mi-8

ZSU-24 Shilka much higher and more realistic gun elevation limit

• Like 1

On 8/20/2017 at 5:49 PM, uzabit said:

There is a graphical issue with the RPK-74 aswell. There seems to be an issue with a low poly shadow lod. Some part of the lod is extruded endlessly. Maybe that shadow lod isn't closed. (CorePatch_CIT_70371).

Sounds great samatra!

1) Any news on the RPK-74 shadow issue?

2) The corepatch introduced new sounds for some of the ACR weapons which ended up conflicting with the JSRS Mod sounds for those ACR weapons. Modifying the ACR weapons corepatch to restore the JSRS Mod sounds for those weapons was pretty easy however I've just now discovered that the following weapons have reverted back to vanilla game sounds and are no longer the JSRS Mod sounds:

M4A1 and the M4A1M203ACOG have reverted to the regular game sounds on all firing modes. At this point I do not know what is conflicting from corepatch to revert the JSRS Sounds on these 2 rifles to vanilla???

Edited by revolverocelotkjb
Updated

6 hours ago, revolverocelotkjb said:

Sounds great samatra!

1) Any news on the RPK-74 shadow issue?

2) The corepatch introduced new sounds for some of the ACR weapons which ended up conflicting with the JSRS Mod sounds for those ACR weapons. Modifying the ACR weapons corepatch to restore the JSRS Mod sounds for those weapons was pretty easy however I've just now discovered that the following weapons have reverted back to vanilla game sounds and are no longer the JSRS Mod sounds:

M4A1 and the M4A1M203ACOG have reverted to the regular game sounds on all firing modes. At this point I do not know what is conflicting from corepatch to revert the JSRS Sounds on these 2 rifles to vanilla???

1) Yes, shadow is fixed.

2) Are you updating JSRS? If so, make sure to have all addons require CorePatch_Everything, its addon that includes all CorePatch addons as required.