Dwarden

A2/A2:OA beta CorePatch 01.03.2016

5 hours ago, OMAC said:

About the Malyutka ATGM of BVP-1, for me, on Veteran Difficulty with Weapon crosshair disabled:

1) Auto-guide AT on ->  missile tab-locks on target (correct), not manually guidable (incorrect).

2) Auto-guide AT off ->  missile will not lock (correct), not manually guidable (incorrect). 

^^  Do you see that behavior?

It is what I see: http://sendvid.com/b9gndi6q.

I think it seems to you because missile crosshair does not match with reticle.

5 hours ago, OMAC said:

Shouldn't it be lockable on all difficulties, since it will only lock when Auto-guide AT is enabled?

I don't know. I just did so like in other missile launchers.

5 hours ago, Schatten said:

It is what I see: http://sendvid.com/b9gndi6q.

I think it seems to you because missile crosshair does not match with reticle.

Yes, you are correct.  Looks like we have uncovered yet another serious problem with the dreaded BVP-1, what WattyWatts called the "most bugged vehicle in Arma."  Only the weapon crosshair, visible in external view only, can be used to effectively aim the missile.  The optics reticle is useless as far as I can tell.

hi, found a little issue :

RscDisplayLoadMission
onload = "_this call compile preprocessfilelinenumbers 'ca\missions_acr\data\scripts\ui_loadingText.sqf';";

onload = "_this call compile preprocessfilelinenumbers 'ca\missions_acr_data\scripts\ui_loadingText.sqf';";

RscDisplayLoadCustom
onload = "_this call compile preprocessfilelinenumbers 'ca\missions_acr\data\scripts\ui_loadingTextCustom.sqf';";

onload = "_this call compile preprocessfilelinenumbers 'ca\missions_acr_data\scripts\ui_loadingTextCustom.sqf';";

4 hours ago, sfly said:

hi, found a little issue :

RscDisplayLoadMission
onload = "_this call compile preprocessfilelinenumbers 'ca\missions_acr\data\scripts\ui_loadingText.sqf';";

onload = "_this call compile preprocessfilelinenumbers 'ca\missions_acr_data\scripts\ui_loadingText.sqf';";

RscDisplayLoadCustom
onload = "_this call compile preprocessfilelinenumbers 'ca\missions_acr\data\scripts\ui_loadingTextCustom.sqf';";

onload = "_this call compile preprocessfilelinenumbers 'ca\missions_acr_data\scripts\ui_loadingTextCustom.sqf';";

No its all fine, missions_acr_data is addon name, not path, this addon has prefix of ca\missions_acr\data

hmm...something is strange...following lines doesn' t work anymore:

startLoadingScreen ["","RscDisplayLoadCustom"];
_display = uiNameSpace getVariable "BIS_loadingScreen";
// _display isNil or isNull
endLoadingScreen;

Along with other BMP-1 fixes I gave it a little lift to polygon count on the barrel, also fixed missile size, it was too small. I hope nobody minds.

6JRC0JC.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, samatra said:

Along with other BMP-1 fixes I gave it a little lift to polygon count on the barrel, also fixed missile size, it was too small. I hope nobody minds.

:icon_dj:

I was thinking maybe we should remove commander search light as looks bad up close when you view through gunner optics, it obstructs gunner view and barrel clips through the projector body. Looking at BMP-1 photos on the internet, it seems that commander search lights are removed from lots of vehicles too.

WwFAjjA.png

As for rest of BMP-1 fixes, everything solved so far:

1) ATGM aiming

2) ATGM disappears during reloading

3) Firing effects for cannon and ATGM

4) PKT muzzle flash on the model

5) Water effects

Also aforementioned visual improvement for barrel and missile.

Those changes sound/look great.  Are you modifying both the Independent Taki local BVP-1 and the Opfor Taki Army BVP-1? 

Also note that the searchlight mounted on turret (controlled by gunner) is not illuminated when it is turned on, although the light cone is visible on the ground.

26 minutes ago, OMAC said:

Those changes sound/look great.  Are you modifying both the Independent Taki local BVP-1 and the Opfor Taki Army BVP-1? 

Also note that the searchlight mounted on turret (controlled by gunner) is not illuminated when it is turned on, although the light cone is visible on the ground.

Of course, they both share same model. Gonna check out the search light.

Edit: Search light seems to be fine for both gunner and commander now: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/92725562091800801/353024BBEC373BF3A91BDA6DCAA40C63717C7C7C/

20 minutes ago, samatra said:

Of course, they both share same model. Gonna check out the search light.

Edit: Search light seems to be fine for both gunner and commander now: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/92725562091800801/353024BBEC373BF3A91BDA6DCAA40C63717C7C7C/

Great.  Did you just fix the searchlight illumination?  Both searchlights are not illuminated in current OA beta, although both work properly in terms of light cone.

1 minute ago, OMAC said:

Great.  Did you just fix the searchlight illumination?  Both searchlights are not illuminated in current OA beta, although both work properly in terms of light cone.

I guess it was already fixed on Sample Models model.

10 hours ago, samatra said:

I was thinking maybe we should remove commander search light as looks bad up close when you view through gunner optics, it obstructs gunner view and barrel clips through the projector body. Looking at BMP-1 photos on the internet, it seems that commander search lights are removed from lots of vehicles too.

I wonder how many times IRL the BMP-1 gunner has damaged or destroyed the commander searchlight by banging into it with the barrel during turret rotation?  You'd think that the searchlight would be retractable in some way, or placed somewhere else ...(or perhaps there is tech to automatically raise barrel when it is traversing over the light?)

LOL, these are not WHITE-LIGHT searchlights!!! These are INFRARED searchlights!!! This means men can not see the glow! At least BMP-1 commander has IR searchlight.

Stryker mk19 icon missing in warfare team list.

http://imgur.com/a/egKWm

The stryker "mk19" in OA warfare aren't capitalized  but in community wiki vehicle list names, they are.

I've tried both but the icon stayed missing.

Is that from a clean WF editor mission in OA?  It could easily be related to how a custom factory config gets compiled in a mission.

Test with clean warfare oa but this time its M2 stryker that's missing the icon.  M2 is unit 4,5.

http://imgur.com/a/ZDSPL

I haven't noticed any other units with missing icons. 

Agreed, the M2 Stryker is acting screwy.  I synched an empty to the WF module and it won't move it to base.  The Stryker MK19 moves to base, no problem.

Found that the WF factory config is using the wrong class name for it.  It's using "M1126_ICV_m2_EP1" instead of "M1126_ICV_M2_EP1".  Class names are case sensitive in the factory configs.  When a classname text is not perfect case, it does screw with things.

Also observed the M2 Stryker is absent from its config Patches "units" array.  The others are in there but not the M2.

-- Edit 1:
Ran comparison of the WF (OA) config units versus the cfgVehicles configNames using Find command (the root issue in scripts, it's context sensitive.  Won't correctly index to a related array when the case is wrong).

Unit arrays compared: Barracks, Light, Heavy, Aircraft, Airport, Artillery, Structures, and Teams (Squads uses Teams, no need to compare it).

The Stryker M2 in Light factory was the only one found with incorrect class name - bad case.  All others passed check.

-- Edit 2:

Forgot to note above was for OA, corrected.  Also ran the same comparison for standard A2 WF configs:

- The F-35 in Airport config was "not found".  As pcc noted previously it lists "F35"  instead of "F35B".

- The SU-34 in Airport config found incorrect class name - bad case, it lists "SU34" instead of "Su34".

- The Resistance Service Point in Structures config found incorrect class name - bad case, it lists "Gue_WarfareBVehicleServicePoint" instead of "GUE_WarfareBVehicleServicePoint".

- All others passed check.

• Like 2

Things to test in above CorePatch update that are not on beta branch:

- All static weapons now have firing effects (previously only mortars and cannons had them)

- ATGMs now should be visible as far as object view distance allows

- BMP-1 fixes

- Mi-24 armor and glass destructability.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, samatra said:

Things to test in above CorePatch update that are not on beta branch:

- All static weapons now have firing effects (previously only mortars and cannons had them)

- ATGMs now should be visible as far as object view distance allows

- BMP-1 fixes

- Mi-24 armor and glass destructability.

BMP-1 changes are solid as a rock.  Great work!  The BMP-1 is now a thing of beauty and power.

• Like 1

Hi, I have a few things to point out.

- 200 round boxes for the M249 SAW don't feature any tracers. I need to test the smaller 100 round boxes. Maybe it is the same for RPK drums?

- AA-12 loaded with 12 gauge HE shells ejects spent rifle casings instead of empty shotgun shells. Also the rate of fire on the AA-12 may be a bit too high. I think it is around 400 RPM in reality.

- Spent ammo casings don't render in first person until they are far away from the player. As a result it looks like weapons aren't ejecting anything in first person.

- MG3 on ACR Dingo is listed as being an M240.

Also I don't know if it will impact your decisions but I think some features like the 3x zoom on the CZ-805 and the "guided" dumb bombs were made for gameplay purposes and not to be realistic.

Anyway keep up the great work.