Dwarden

A2/A2:OA beta CorePatch 01.03.2016

new corepatch beta has rolled out on STEAM, remember to have both A2 and A2OA set to download theirs beta branch

• Like 1

new version with that updated ^ is now out on A2OA beta

• Like 2

Where is changes for G36?

It broke ACE settings for this gun. Please, tell me which file.

g36 and AS VAL/VSS optics broken on most mods due to new muzzle config.

• Like 2

Are only black variants of G36 broken?

What about AK with PSO-1?

I think that Vintorez broken because new OpticsModes class was created (https://github.com/Goliath86/CorePatch/blob/master/CorePatch_CIT_13857/config.cpp).

Nope, not only black. Brown wariants of G36A, G36K and G36C too.

Also, after corepatch update, JSRS not working too (for G36).

And, i have some dubbing radio error:

Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\female03\cz\numbers\one.wss'

Why i can't see in this optic? It's possible to rework model for switching optics mode to ironsight on MAAWS?

E7Ir8s4.jpg

Try to use latest CorePatch from GitHub.

And, i have some dubbing radio error:

Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\female03\cz\numbers\one.wss'

I think that it is not CorePatch related problem.

Why i can't see in this optic? It's possible to rework model for switching optics mode to ironsight on MAAWS?

E7Ir8s4.jpg

Unfortunately, it is very unlikely that model related issues will be fixed.

Just checked with latest CorePatch - all works fine.

Where is changes for G36?

It broke ACE settings for this gun. Please, tell me which file.

g36 and AS VAL/VSS optics broken on most mods due to new muzzle config.

Try to delete OpticsModes classes.

Can we please stop breaking mods? It is literally killing what remains of the community.

Can we please stop breaking mods? It is literally killing what remains of the community.

Bit hard to update the core game and at the same time keep track of every single mod that might be affected, dont you think.

Also stating specific issue would be a bit more usefull than just random shout.

• Like 2

Bit hard to update the core game and at the same time keep track of every single mod that might be affected, dont you think.

Also stating specific issue would be a bit more usefull than just random shout.

Fixing script errors due to new interpreter != changing values in configs.

Corepatch was meant to be fixing BI content and performance gains, not to change aspects of the game.

Fixing script errors due to new interpreter != changing values in configs.

Corepatch was meant to be fixing BI content and performance gains, not to change aspects of the game.

CorePatch is a config/script patch.

• Like 1

"This is a simple config/script patch for Arma 2 OA. My objective is to correct all the errors that ArmA 2 OA (1.63) show with the launch command line -showScriptErrors.

Upon rollout of 1.63 patch, Bohemia included a new script interpreter that show all the undefined variable present inside scripts. There are a lot of them and maybe they cause script to not run properly.

Because of ArmA 3, BI programmer have not much time to spend try correcting errors of an old product, as a programmer I understand this, so I decided to use my skills to try to fix these errors as best as I can."

EDIT:

Please do not change the class names of the addons in your configs.

Changed Corepatch_Turrets to Corepatch_Vehicles.

Any mods that use these classes as dependencies (any that want to revert some of your changes) break and need to be updated for the tiniest of reasons. What was wrong with Corepatch_Turrets? That addon modifies the turrets...

• Like 2

"This is a simple config/script patch for Arma 2 OA. My objective is to correct all the errors that ArmA 2 OA (1.63) show with the launch command line -showScriptErrors.

Upon rollout of 1.63 patch, Bohemia included a new script interpreter that show all the undefined variable present inside scripts. There are a lot of them and maybe they cause script to not run properly.

Because of ArmA 3, BI programmer have not much time to spend try correcting errors of an old product, as a programmer I understand this, so I decided to use my skills to try to fix these errors as best as I can."

It was at the beginning. Later Goliath86 began to fix CCP and CIT bugs, as you can see in changelog.

Please do not change the class names of the addons in your configs.

Changed Corepatch_Turrets to Corepatch_Vehicles.

Any mods that use these classes as dependencies (any that want to revert some of your changes) break and need to be updated for the tiniest of reasons. What was wrong with Corepatch_Turrets? That addon modifies the turrets...

You need only one addon to revert any changes made by CorePatch - CorePatch: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186695-a2a2oa-patch-18122015/page-9#entry2953906.

With the lapse of time not only turrets related fixes began to be integrated into CorePatch_Turrets, but vehicles related. Therefore this patch was renamed.

It was at the beginning. Later Goliath86 began to fix CCP and CIT bugs, as you can see in changelog

That is what I am saying; I am saying Corepatch has overstepped its bounds (and not even fully delivered on its original mantra) I appreciate very much continued community patching, but lets not kid ourselves, you are also creating necessity for people to update mods and fix their missions, work that might never be done. Why dont we do more work on things that expand usability and fix errors such as fixing the civilian and civilian vehicles module (which are broken as hell and cause numerous problems since 1.63) instead of creating more undue work that really has a tiny effect on the gameplay but a large effect on usability of mods, mods which are the basis of the game's community?

You need only one addon to revert any changes made by CorePatch - CorePatch: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186695-a2a2oa-patch-18122015/page-9#entry2953906.

With the lapse of time not only turrets related fixes began to be integrated into CorePatch_Turrets, but vehicles related. Therefore this patch was renamed.

CPP is all inhereted in order, If I want to use some of the changes but then revert others, I need the more recent patch, specifically the one I want to revert later. If I want to change discretedistance on a vehicle (a feature that breaks the more realistic ACE range adjustment) but keep the maxelev for some of the helicopters as well as some of the new turret names, I need to first load the dependency of corepatch in order for corepatch_vehicles to load, and then load the dependency of corepatch_vehicles for my corepatch_vehicles_ace_compat to load. There is no guarantee that corepatch_vehicles would load if I was to only put corepatch as a dependency, as I tested a few times. Does that make more sense?

• Like 1

Corepatch has overstepped its bounds (and not even fully delivered on its original mantra)

I'm not agree with you.

I appreciate very much continued community patching, but lets not kid ourselves, you are also creating necessity for people to update mods and fix their missions, work that might never be done.

Sometimes for fixing bugs are necessary changes. I'm sorry, but it is development.

Why dont we do more work on things that expand usability and fix errors such as fixing the civilian and civilian vehicles module (which are broken as hell and cause numerous problems since 1.63) instead of creating more undue work that really has a tiny effect on the gameplay but a large effect on usability of mods, mods which are the basis of the game's community?

Unfortunately I never fixed modules, so I can't risk and change things with what didn't work.

CPP is all inhereted in order, If I want to use some of the changes but then revert others, I need the more recent patch, specifically the one I want to revert later. If I want to change discretedistance on a vehicle (a feature that breaks the more realistic ACE range adjustment) but keep the maxelev for some of the helicopters as well as some of the new turret names, I need to first load the dependency of corepatch in order for corepatch_vehicles to load, and then load the dependency of corepatch_vehicles for my corepatch_vehicles_ace_compat to load. There is no guarantee that corepatch_vehicles would load if I was to only put corepatch as a dependency, as I tested a few times.

Thanks for info.

Sometimes for fixing bugs are necessary changes. I'm sorry, but it is development.

I guess Bohemia doesn't care about ArmA 2 and has no reason to continue satisfying their clientbase, but I sometimes wonder if they would want to ruin both DayZ and ACE for the ability to zero a weapon with their simplistic zeroing computer system. If you are working on Corepatch in the hope for any future development portfolio, people usually look at the outcome and satisfaction of your customers, not just the work you put in.

Now I have to spend extra time out of my day to work reverting stupid changes to make to continue the community I play with survive and utilize ArmA 2. Completely unnecessary changes that do not improve realism or gameplay now affect an actual group of customers and players in a drastically negative way. If I wasnt there to revert and update ACE, they wouldnt be able to use these features and the mod would be completely broken.

Here's a couple mods I made in my spare time. They add some stuff to the game, especially the base game, and they don't break a lot of stuff for almost no gain whatsoever. Maybe we should add these to the game in a corepatch, dont you think?

• Like 2

I guess Bohemia doesn't care about ArmA 2 and has no reason to continue satisfying their clientbase, but I sometimes wonder if they would want to ruin both DayZ and ACE for the ability to zero a weapon with their simplistic zeroing computer system. If you are working on Corepatch in the hope for any future development portfolio, people usually look at the outcome and satisfaction of your customers, not just the work you put in.

Now I have to spend extra time out of my day to work reverting stupid changes to make to continue the community I play with survive and utilize ArmA 2. Completely unnecessary changes that do not improve realism or gameplay now affect an actual group of customers and players in a drastically negative way. If I wasnt there to revert and update ACE, they wouldnt be able to use these features and the mod would be completely broken.

I also spend my spare time to satisfying Arma 2 community, what created a lot of CIT and CCP tickets. Do you think that I can forget about them?

Here's a couple mods I made in my spare time. They add some stuff to the game, especially the base game, and they don't break a lot of stuff for almost no gain whatsoever. Maybe we should add these to the game in a corepatch, dont you think?

Cool things. I certainly would like to include them in CorePatch, but what says Dwarden?

I also spend my spare time to satisfying Arma 2 community, what created a lot of CIT and CCP tickets. Do you think that I can forget about them?

Many of those tickets were created ages ago. I'm not saying they shouldnt have been addressed, but we are not an large active community anymore, and we have a wealth of mods to supplement the game and solve many of the games few drawbacks.

Bohemia didn't fix a lot of tickets because they were either too unrealistic in the amount of time to fix them, they were a design choice, or they would have broken mods. The few major updates they did push were in line with and communicating with mod developers and server hosters.

If BI was in your shoes, they wouldnt have made those choices; they knew the impacts of changing configs and the structure and importance of mods in the community. Arma is a platform, and the platform should be enhanced of course but the content is in fact less important, especially when the development cycle of the game is long over and mod support is almost nil.

• Like 1

Many of those tickets were created ages ago. I'm not saying they shouldnt have been addressed, but we are not an large active community anymore, and we have a wealth of mods to supplement the game and solve many of the games few drawbacks.

I think that it is wrong when mods patches the game. That is why there is CorePatch.

Is it really bad that we have CorePatch that fixes some bugs and drawbacks of the game without having to install any mods?

P. S.

Can you provide list of broken things of ACE and your suggestions of how to fix them?

• Like 1

I think that it is wrong when mods patches the game. That is why there is CorePatch.

Corepatch is to fix the common core parts of the game that we all use (like the gear menu errors and such) Those BI scripts affect everyone playing the game and should have been changed. Didn't interfere with any mods and improved the game in every aspect. Fixing the mission specific scripts also was necessary and good for the entire community.

Is it really bad that we have CorePatch that fixes some bugs and drawbacks of the game without having to install any mods?

I am not disagreeing with the principle of fixing bugs. I am saying you are too overzealous in your desire to fix random barely useful things that impact compatibility with mods, the thing that keeps arma 2 alive.

Can you provide list of broken things of ACE and your suggestions of how to fix them?

I suggest you work on modules and scripts, not on Cfg values. Let's fix the civilian modules.