Dwarden

A2/A2:OA beta CorePatch 01.03.2016

I haven't ever had a problem with ai using buildings, roofs, balconies, watch towers, windows, doors etc plus using good stances. But that is using ai mods, of course.

how well the change fares versus positions on roofs ?

because those shall support lay down and not just stand or crouch ...

• Like 1

how well the change fares versus positions on roofs ?

because those shall support lay down and not just stand or crouch ...

Excellent point.  Much testing required.  The potentially performance-impacting line trace method he mentioned could perhaps be used to determine if unit is in fortified position (i.e. under something, not on roof)??

• Like 1

Excellent point.  Much testing required.  The potentially performance-impacting line trace method he mentioned could perhaps be used to determine if unit is in fortified position (i.e. under something, not on roof)??

This is definately the next step. I would assume shooting a line above every AI's head is out of the question performance wise, but idk about the feasibility of doing a config class switch matrix. Doing a simple elevation check wouldn't work as building heights are different. It would have to be combined with the config class...

I'll test some performance of the class switch and line methods. Since nearobjects commands already gather the class name I would assume the majority of the script time would be in the name switch.

I ended up using a class switch matrix for my button door opening mod, and the performance was not lowered by any significant measure.

This is definately the next step. I would assume shooting a line above every AI's head is out of the question performance wise, but idk about the feasibility of doing a config class switch matrix. Doing a simple elevation check wouldn't work as building heights are different. It would have to be combined with the config class...

I'll test some performance of the class switch and line methods. Since nearobjects commands already gather the class name I would assume the majority of the script time would be in the name switch.

I ended up using a class switch matrix for my button door opening mod, and the performance was not lowered by any significant measure.

A config class switch matrix, if I understand it right, is not going to work with modded buildings unless you add them as well. I'm not the most experienced person here, but just throwing it out there. How about using boundingbox on the house to see if they're on the roof, if the line intersect method is unfeasible?

• Like 1

A config class switch matrix, if I understand it right, is not going to work with modded buildings unless you add them as well. I'm not the most experienced person here, but just throwing it out there. How about using boundingbox on the house to see if they're on the roof, if the line intersect method is unfeasible?

Good idea, most likely taking the +Z of the box and then giving some generous leeway (seeing as boundingbox is a little innacurate, and specific buildings have a box that is much taller than their roofs. ) would work, and that should be much better performance than the other options, hopefully.

Pistols are downright useless at the moment, it takes unreasonable amount of hits to kill somebody, Sa-61 has hit of 3 and enemy units survive headshots and take 6 hits to the body point blank to die. I've checked Arma 2 state of pistols and they're much more powerful there (Makarov has hit of 6 in A2 with hit of 4 in current OA). I don't really know at which point pistols were nerfed so much but I'd really like to revert it. What do you guys think?

Another topic to discuss - default cargo of Ural trucks. Currently any Ural has ton of ammo in it, including civilian ones which makes no sense. I suggest to leave default ammo cargo only for transport and reammo Urals, maybe even reammo Urals only.

• Like 4

Pistols are downright useless at the moment, it takes unreasonable amount of hits to kill somebody, Sa-61 has hit of 3 and enemy units survive headshots and take 6 hits to the body point blank to die. I've checked Arma 2 state of pistols and they're much more powerful there (Makarov has hit of 6 in A2 with hit of 4 in current OA). I don't really know at which point pistols were nerfed so much but I'd really like to revert it. What do you guys think?

Another topic to discuss - default cargo of Ural trucks. Currently any Ural has ton of ammo in it, including civilian ones which makes no sense. I suggest to leave default ammo cargo only for transport and reammo Urals, maybe even reammo Urals only.

I would agree pistols are useless as is, I use a simple config mod to boost them to levels i find acceptable. Of course pistols cause less damage over a long distance, but the effective damage in a short distance is very comparable to intermediate rifle rounds. We can simulate an exponential decrease in damage from the airfriction value right?

EDIT:

Regarding the config or lineintersect methods, It seems like line intersect is the only universal way of doing it. It seems to work without too much performance impact.

Updated pbo here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/187563416/Arma%20Addons/AI_AntiProneV2.rar

Yeah, all Urals have the same (large) cargo stash of ammo.  I agree that it could be removed from civil Urals (Chernarus and Takistani), and greatly reduced or eliminated for repair and refuel Urals, but kept for transport and reammo support Urals.  If it is removed for transport Urals, it may break old missions.

Alright I've been meaning to say this but I keep forgetting. It's perhaps kind of a big request (I have no idea what it requires really), but can we get arm patches (squad xml logo on arm) on the units that are missing them? It's a shame BIS left most models with this feature lacking, especially for OA. That being said, many OA vehicles don't have the logo either... This is one of the great features of Arma, especially to those that play as a unit with their own original logo. It would be awesome to finally have it on all (or at least most) units and vehicles.

That requires model editing, so not happening probably.

A change-log from the last corepatch's update today is possible, please ?

• Like 1

Not sure what has happened to the M134 on the LB but it is disgusting now at 4000rpm. The damage is the same whilst accuracy has drastically decreased. Either increase the damage or revert the accuracy please. A large amount of people on the servers I play are complaining about this change.

That requires model editing, so not happening probably.

I understand that but perhaps adding an armpatch is not something that would take much time. That's what I meant when I said I don't know what it requires. Magazine models for the Czech rifle were being discussed earlier, so I see no problem in at least bringing this on the table. What I can say is this would be a change that no one would come here to complain about at least, unlike many of the changes already done which the rest of the community doesn't seem to like so much...

On the other hand, having CDF soldiers in-game with custom arm patches and PMC units with no such feature doesn't make much sense.

Not sure what has happened to the M134 on the LB but it is disgusting now at 4000rpm. The damage is the same whilst accuracy has drastically decreased. Either increase the damage or revert the accuracy please. A large amount of people on the servers I play are complaining about this change.

Just checked and didn't notice accuracy decreasing @ 4000 SPM. There was a patch that increases accuracy @ 2000 SPM (https://dev.withsix.com/issues/70648).

Can you provide any video?

• Like 1

Just a very simple mission involving an enemy in a watchtower position and a captive on/off switch for the player's unit in order to see the effects of the DangerFSM activating.

Any chance that corepatch will improve the AI to a limited degree without the need for mods using Pizzadox's efforts as an exemplary example? Such as AI smoke grenade utilization and rearming from backpacks / bodies etc.? :)

Just checked and didn't notice accuracy decreasing @ 4000 SPM. There was a patch that increases accuracy @ 2000 SPM (https://dev.withsix.com/issues/70648).

Can you provide any video?

Yeah I will upload a video fairly soon. I rarely use 2000 rpm but am sure 4000 is less accurate.

Fictional universe might be, but near future certainly not. The equipment in game feels mostly 1980´s - 1990´s 

Well thats why i use ACE, it removes lot of those undeserved functionalities and ads some that are missing. If i would like to play arcade, i would buy battlefield or CoD. I want to play Game that is As realistic as detailed and as Chalenging as possible to play on normal PC.

what are you, shatten reborn....Dwarden said, while it might be true, you still need to keep it how it was, and the future. If the possibility of attachments is there, why remove it in all...its not like you can use attachments in arma 2 anyways.

And like you said, you use ACE to make your bubble float....keep using it, and stop messing with the default game because of "realism" that only a few peple want. Im so glad i dropped my arma 3 servers. I wont have to deal with this idiotic behavior of realism in a freaking game thts 8 years old...  Grow up people. want to make a game realistic, then go to arma 3 where its actually still being developed.

• Like 1

m134 accuracy in a LB,  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlEX26E3veo

Just a note; The accuracy is the same at 2000 / 4000 RPM, but both are still to low in my opinion. Given that IRL they are much more powerful.  The combination of low power and low accuracy makes them worse than they once were. They used to have same power more accuracy which was fantastic.

At 1000m I used to be able to take down an enemy with a single burst of a few shots.

Now i must spray untill one of the random bullets hits him.

This makes life especially difficult when trying to take down jets with the LB... Especially in the A-10 as shooting the pilot out is no longer a viable option.

The accuracy is the same at 2000 / 4000 RPM, but both are still to low in my opinion.

I think that it just seems to you.

Dispersion (affects accuracy) of M134 before CorePatch:

@ 2000 SPM - 0.015

@ 4000 SPM - 0.0017

... after CorePatch:

@ 2000 SPM - 0.0017

@ 4000 SPM - 0.0017

Like you can see, accuracy was increased @ 2000 SPM after CorePatch.

P. S.

Compare accuracy of M134 before and after CorePatch.

what are you, shatten reborn....Dwarden said, while it might be true, you still need to keep it how it was, and the future. If the possibility of attachments is there, why remove it in all...its not like you can use attachments in arma 2 anyways.

And like you said, you use ACE to make your bubble float....keep using it, and stop messing with the default game because of "realism" that only a few peple want. Im so glad i dropped my arma 3 servers. I wont have to deal with this idiotic behavior of realism in a freaking game thts 8 years old...  Grow up people. want to make a game realistic, then go to arma 3 where its actually still being developed.

Calm down kid, you might burst a blood vessel or something. :-) 

• Like 1

I think that it just seems to you.

Dispersion (affects accuracy) of M134 before CorePatch:

@ 2000 SPM - 0.015

@ 4000 SPM - 0.0017

... after CorePatch:

@ 2000 SPM - 0.0017

@ 4000 SPM - 0.0017

Like you can see, accuracy was increased @ 2000 SPM after CorePatch.

P. S.

Compare accuracy of M134 before and after CorePatch.

Perhaps this corepatch yes, I am talking much longer a ago. When the dispersion was even less.

To compensate for the lack of damage (especially against vehicles), could you possibly reduce it to 0.0010.

If I looked for ways to insult your preferences in Arma (a game which has always been designed to be at least more realistic than anything else out there), I'd be able to do it in more ways than you can imagine. But that's not the point of having these discussions. So next time try being respectful when you're arguing against something, or you might as well just leave these forums and take your rant about dropping whatever server you had somewhere else.

As stated earlier, Corepatch is great as long as you fix and improve core aspects and broken elements. However I do not agree with adding elements to the game that interfere with other mods or simply tweak things, these things should be put in their respective mods (ACE/ DayZ/ Life)

Barely anyone updates these mods, so it will be broken in these mods...

I fixed the problems with the RPK magazines and BMP sighting adjustments in ACE but I do not have authority to publish an update to Armaholic or SU, meaning only people who I can communicate with in my unit can recieve updates. This is simply not the best case scenario. These edits would have been great if made inside ACE...