Dwarden

A2/A2:OA beta CorePatch 01.03.2016

In Takistan grid 053093, there are some of Earthen rampart ,When you blow anyone of them, that will become to an strange position, and we can look through from another side, Everyone is the same.

but:the Empty_Objects(Fortifications)_Earthen rampart made in Editor don't have this bug, so can you Bohemia just remove that Earthen rampart in Takistan map when next update ? 

How did you find what each pbo does, and what pbos have which dependencies?

??

??

I was assuming you didn't use all features of ACE. If that's the case, then how did you find which pbos depend on on other pbos?

I've tried use ACE before, but didn't need some of the features, so I decided to remove some of the pbos are named after feature I don't need.

Problem is - pretty much all pbos depend on each other, and I've had a hard time finding documentation of pbo dependencies.

All I wanted to ask was if you have any good documentation of ACE.

There is no Feature in ACE iam ,avare of, that would not be needed. The game benefits imensively from every single ACE feature.  But this is not an ACE thread, so lets not continue this dialogue here. 

The front machineguns on cars that have them (such as the HMMWV SOV, BAF Jackal) still haven't got their angles fixed. The angles became too narrow with the earlier corepatch and it was said that they would be fixed. We use a lot of light vehicles in our gameplay and the front guns are practically useless at the moment. Please fix them soon.

The front machineguns on cars that have them (such as the HMMWV SOV, BAF Jackal) still haven't got their angles fixed. The angles became too narrow with the earlier corepatch and it was said that they would be fixed. We use a lot of light vehicles in our gameplay and the front guns are practically useless at the moment. Please fix them soon.

It's not true.

P. S.

Checked using A2OA beta.

It's not true.

P. S.

Checked using A2OA beta.

Yes, using current A2 and OA betas, the angles for the Jackal commander MG seem fine to me, and I cannot see any significant difference from original BAF Jackal.  Angles for commander MG on HMMWV SOV also seem fine.

When I said "still" I meant still broken in the current stable version. Sorry for the confusion. Does this mean the fix will be available in stable when this patch is finalised?

Does this mean the fix will be available in stable when this patch is finalised?

Yes.

How's the patch coming along? The ambient civilian and first aid modules really need fixing. My guys really want to be able to drag and carry each other again when they get shot! :) And those western civilians walking around in Takistan aren't helping the immersion either! ;)

And those western civilians walking around in Takistan aren't helping the immersion either! ;)

I can confirm this - western civvys present when Ambient Civilians (Expansion) module is placed in Takistan.  And the lack of drag/carry actions is a long-standing issue. 

I can confirm this - western civvys present when Ambient Civilians (Expansion) module is placed in Takistan.  And the lack of a drag/carry actions is a long-standing issue. 

Ok, good to know the civvie issue is getting fixed! We play on Tora Bora though and the same happens there, but I guess the issue is related to the module and not to the map. Too bad the drag/carry issue seems so hard to fix. I've always been a fan of BI's first aid system.

Ok, good to know the civvie issue is getting fixed!

Although I hope it gets fixed, there is no guarantee that it will....

Just wondering what happened to the ambient civilians, animals & vehicles. Can't seem to get them working. ??

Edit: I pottered around a village for a while and the best I got were 5 chickens.. Now there's egg's and a few Sunday lunches there, but little else. It was a very lonely place, no one to talk too and no vehicles to pinch. Sad really. :(

Further edit:  After more testing the modules do work in some places. But I'm getting Chernarus civilians in Takistan. Now I know they may be on holiday/vacation there. But seeing the excellent red Chernarus tractor (which I love driving around)  drive through the main street of one Takistan town, does seem a little odd. Of course it could be a wise investment by a local farmer. How he got the money together to buy it though, that needs investigating. :unsure: 

• Like 1

Are you guys going to make any changes to the driving speed on different terrains? Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those people that are whining to get it back to the way it was. But there are some problems with it, really big problems!

Now, I don't know if this was mentioned at all before, but some of the favorite community-made maps no longer have their runways and taxiways working properly since the previous core-patch. Haven't tested this in beta currently and I can't unfortunately because I'm running a server on my PC. But let me explain in case you don't know about it. For example, Clafghan's runway and taxiway behave prettymuch like a dirt-road now. You get about the same speed driving on it compared to a dirt-road. On the other hand, Fallujah is completely broken! The runway stops you from going above a certain speed, it cuts your speed with a kind of "hiccup" while speeding up. The taxiway in Fallujah is even worse. It behaves like a rocky mountain. It's the slowest terrain I've ever driven on in Arma, so I'm not sure what to compare it with... You can literally run faster on it than driving with some vehicles.

I don't know the first thing about map making and I don't know if this is because of "poor design" or whatever, but they used to work fine before the patch. The situation especially in Fallujah is extremely annoying for people that play on the map frequently and use the airbase there...

Are you guys going to make any changes to the driving speed on different terrains? Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those people that are whining to get it back to the way it was. But there are some problems with it, really big problems!

Now, I don't know if this was mentioned at all before, but some of the favorite community-made maps no longer have their runways and taxiways working properly since the previous core-patch. Haven't tested this in beta currently and I can't unfortunately because I'm running a server on my PC. But let me explain in case you don't know about it. For example, Clafghan's runway and taxiway behave prettymuch like a dirt-road now. You get about the same speed driving on it compared to a dirt-road. On the other hand, Fallujah is completely broken! The runway stops you from going above a certain speed, it cuts your speed with a kind of "hiccup" while speeding up. The taxiway in Fallujah is even worse. It behaves like a rocky mountain. It's the slowest terrain I've ever driven on in Arma, so I'm not sure what to compare it with... You can literally run faster on it than driving with some vehicles.

I don't know the first thing about map making and I don't know if this is because of "poor design" or whatever, but they used to work fine before the patch. The situation especially in Fallujah is extremely annoying for people that play on the map frequently and use the airbase there...

I didn't play any of these maps but apparently CorePatch_CCP_67951_OA changes surfaces of these maps. Related tickets:

http://dev.withsix.com/issues/12294

http://dev.withsix.com/issues/7713

http://dev.withsix.com/issues/67951

You can try to build corepatch without this patch to see if it solves the issue.

• Like 1

I didn't play any of these maps but apparently CorePatch_CCP_67951_OA changes surfaces of these maps. Related tickets:

http://dev.withsix.com/issues/12294

http://dev.withsix.com/issues/7713

http://dev.withsix.com/issues/67951

You can try to build corepatch without this patch to see if it solves the issue.

Yep that definitely fixes the problem in Fallujah! "Normal" speeds are achievable again in the right places when CorePatch_CCP_67951_OA is removed. But off-road speed becomes fast again.

Here's a better explanation. With the patch:  road > dirt road > runway > off-road > taxiway (with taxiway speed becoming unbearable)

Without the patch:            road > runway > off-road > taxiway > dirt road

but if that can't be fixed without breaking the functionality again, I'd happily accept the case without the patch over the other. CorePatch_CCP_67951_OA doesn't include a file for Clafghan, and removing it doesn't make any difference. Perhaps it was always like that...

Seeing as Corepatch is the only hope of ever getting a core fsm change, what would you think of editing / improving on the dangerfsms? I find the problem of AI going prone in buildings as very detrimental to cqb combat and any enemy building occupation scenario. (think AI rifles and arms out of the walls, and AI in watchtowers not being able to fire out of them)

I whipped up a custom danger formation fsm, with a simple conditional check for buildings or houses which would make the AI prefer to go into standing or crouched position and keep them from going prone. Of course AI away from buildings are not affected.

compare the behavior of the enemy detecting you or a shot with and without the addon. It's not perfect and is not meant to be a finished product, but I hope it can open up discussion on the old fsms and the work that can be done on them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/187563416/Arma%20Addons/AI_AntiProne.rar

perhaps even some additions to the danger FSM such as firing a couple quick shots on audible contact or taking fire instead of spotting the enemy before being engaged. (forcing AI to fire weapon before hitting the dirt)

• Like 2

Seeing as Corepatch is the only hope of ever getting a core fsm change, what would you think of editing / improving on the dangerfsms? I find the problem of AI going prone in buildings as very detrimental to cqb combat and any enemy building occupation scenario. (think AI rifles and arms out of the walls, and AI in watchtowers not being able to fire out of them)

I whipped up a custom danger formation fsm, with a simple conditional check for buildings or houses which would make the AI prefer to go into standing or crouched position and keep them from going prone. Of course AI away from buildings are not affected.

compare the behavior of the enemy detecting you or a shot with and without the addon. It's not perfect and is not meant to be a finished product, but I hope it can open up discussion on the old fsms and the work that can be done on them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/187563416/Arma%20Addons/AI_AntiProne.rar

perhaps even some additions to the danger FSM such as firing a couple quick shots on audible contact or taking fire instead of spotting the enemy before being engaged. (forcing AI to fire weapon before hitting the dirt)

Never looked into this but can you maybe demonstrate a comparison between old and new behavior?

Never looked into this but can you maybe demonstate a comparison between only and new behavior?

Here is the mission I used for testing:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/187563416/Arma%20Scripts/FSMtestAI.Zargabad.rar

Just a very simple mission involving an enemy in a watchtower position and a captive on/off switch for the player's unit in order to see the effects of the DangerFSM activating.

Here is a youtube of a comparison of old/new FSMs:

• Like 3

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/187563416/Arma%20Scripts/FSMtestAI.Zargabad.rar

Just a very simple mission involving an enemy in a watchtower position and a captive on/off switch for the player's unit in order to see the effects of the DangerFSM activating.

Looks like great change to me, I'd love to see someone else's input on the topic too though.

I agree this is great. Especially if you get a bunch of AI to occupy a house, this should be awesome.

The FSM conditional check for inside (near the center) of a building works well as is but I think it would be best if we could have a lineintersect shooting above/infront of an AI's head to determine if he is in a fortified position, although I don't know how much that would affect performance.

That video is an excellent demo. It is impossible to argue against the new FSM in that case.  I completely agree that AI going prone in buildings is a problem (even in A3)!  I support the new FSM, but we should test the hell out of it before release so it can be tweaked if necessary.