Sign in to follow this  
ErrorChapo

No Game Sound (I Can Hear Only Voice Chat)

Ok so, about a week ago I get on to play Arma 3 after not playing for maybe 3 days, and I have no sound. Before I did and I changed nothing in settings and now magically I don't. I can hear people talking in global and etc, but cant hear things like bullets, vehicles, character sounds and all that stuff. I have checked the sound settings in volume mixer and nothing is wrong, I have also checked ingame sound settings and all of them are up. I have reinstalled the game 2 times, deleted the Arma 3 folder all together, and nothing helped. Please help me with my problem.  :( 

Update: I have sound in other games on steam, and I have tried using other headphones and tried using no headphones. I can hear others talking in global and etc. so it has to be something in the game.

Update: I have Nvidia drivers, and all of mine are up to date.

Maybe it's not an Arma 3 specific bug. Do you have sound in other games? Did you recently change your computer's audio setup? Try different speakers/headphones.

On an unrelated note, I'd advise you not to use Comic Sans if you want to be taken seriously on the internet.

Maybe it's not an Arma 3 specific bug. Do you have sound in other games? Did you recently change your computer's audio setup? Try different speakers/headphones.

On an unrelated note, I'd advise you not to use Comic Sans if you want to be taken seriously on the internet.

I have sound in other games, i did not change audio setups recently, I just got on and boom no sound. And Ive tried different headphones and no headphones

Please try to completely uninstall your sound drivers (even the GPU sound driver if you are using HDMI).

Download and install the latest drivers for all your sound devices.

Maybe that will help.

Hi All.

Sometimes the issue with sound is when Nvidia sound or sound driver updates.

I find nvidia sound update the worse it changes the window sound somehow though you have sound in one of a game another game part sound has gone somewhere else like you hear gun fire but not voice most of the time sound go quiet and have to go into the windows sound setting and enable the loudness next time there's an update i have to unable it the update are never right and this may be the biggest issue with game sound give your windows sound setting a look and see if that works.

Hope this helps.

Hi All.

Sometimes the issue with sound is when Nvidia sound or sound driver updates.

I find nvidia sound update the worse it changes the window sound somehow though you have sound in one of a game another game part sound has gone somewhere else like you hear gun fire but not voice most of the time sound go quiet and have to go into the windows sound setting and enable the loudness next time there's an update i have to unable it the update are never right and this may be the biggest issue with game sound give your windows sound setting a look and see if that works.

Hope this helps.

I have Nvidia and my drivers are all up to date, and what do I do in windows sound settings?

I have Nvidia and my drivers are all up to date, and what do I do in windows sound settings?

If you are using your on board sound (e.g. Realtek) then try to uninstall the GPU audio driver (NVIDIA HDMI audio) and restart the game.

I hope it will work.

If you are using your on board sound (e.g. Realtek) then try to uninstall the GPU audio driver (NVIDIA HDMI audio) and restart the game.

I hope it will work.

How do I uninstall and reinstall the drivers? Do I go to Update Device Drivers in control panel?

How do I uninstall and reinstall the drivers? Do I go to Update Device Drivers in control panel?

I always would recommend to completely uninstall the driver (delete the driver software too) and make a fresh reinstall.

At first take a look what audio device and drivers you are using and download the latest drivers.

Windows 7/8 & 10: open system control -> system -> windows device manager -> audio video and game controller (or something like that)

There you will find all your audio devices.

Or just open system control -> programs and features -> Realtek (or the software of your sound device manufacturer) & NVIDIA HDMI Audio (or something like that) and simply uninstall it

I can not guarantee if that might solve your problem but it will be worth a try.