Sign in to follow this  
assassino

Hit Group limit

So I realized the other day that every individual soldier is counted as a group in the eden editor. This presents a problem for me especially when trying to create scenarios with manned bases. I did a test and placed down a ton of soldiers in the 2D editor and imported it to Eden only to have it denied because of the group limit. Has anyone else noticed this? Besides that i'm loving eden editor by the way

So I realized the other day that every individual soldier is counted as a group in the eden editor. This presents a problem for me especially when trying to create scenarios with manned bases. I did a test and placed down a ton of soldiers in the 2D editor and imported it to Eden only to have it denied because of the group limit. Has anyone else noticed this? Besides that i'm loving eden editor by the way

How many AI are you placing in these bases?  The group limit from memory is something like 144 groups.

How many AI are you placing in these bases?  The group limit from memory is something like 144 groups.

Well I'm using Multiple bases. With a bunch of patrols, lookouts, guardsmen etc the 144 mark is hit fairly quick.

Im having a similar issue. I have a 20x20 map that i want to fill with groups randomly patrolling but that 144 limit is quite in the way...

BTW if u want to fill bases have you tried this? https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/155690-ai-spawn-script-pack/

It did not solve my issue since it does not spawn groups but it might work for you.

Thanks for the tip! I will check it out.