Sign in to follow this  
warhawk373

Help with Arma 3 Anvil Editor

I just got back in to making Arma 3 missions and I found the anvil editor which is like a beefed up MCC mission maker.  The only problem is there are very few advanced tutorials out there and I cannot figure out how to change which faction spawns in the objective zone.  I looked through all the .sqf files and found one that defined the factions then it had open blank templates to add your own faction but I don't know how to go about adding an addon faction such as ChDKZ or any of the factions from the rhs_afrf3 mod.

// ADD CLASSNAMES 
	if (_faction==5) then {
	_InfPool=	[];	
	_ArmPool=	[];
	_MotPool=	[];
	_ACHPool=	[];
	_CHPool=	[];
	_uavPool=	[];
	_stPool=	[];
	_shipPool=	[];
	_diverPool=	[];
	_crewPool=	[];
	_heliCrew=	[];
	};

and here's and example of the CSAT one that's already in here.

// EAST CSAT FACTION
	if (_faction==0) then {
	_InfPool=	["O_SoldierU_SL_F","O_soldierU_repair_F","O_soldierU_medic_F","O_sniper_F","O_Soldier_A_F","O_Soldier_AA_F","O_Soldier_AAA_F","O_Soldier_AAR_F","O_Soldier_AAT_F","O_Soldier_AR_F","O_Soldier_AT_F","O_soldier_exp_F","O_Soldier_F","O_engineer_F","O_engineer_U_F","O_medic_F","O_recon_exp_F","O_recon_F","O_recon_JTAC_F","O_recon_LAT_F","O_recon_M_F","O_recon_medic_F","O_recon_TL_F"];	
	_ArmPool=	["O_APC_Tracked_02_AA_F","O_APC_Tracked_02_cannon_F","O_APC_Wheeled_02_rcws_F","O_MBT_02_arty_F","O_MBT_02_cannon_F"];
	_MotPool=	["O_Truck_02_covered_F","O_Truck_02_transport_F","O_MRAP_02_F","O_MRAP_02_gmg_F","O_MRAP_02_hmg_F","O_Truck_02_medical_F"];
	_ACHPool=	["O_Heli_Attack_02_black_F","O_Heli_Attack_02_F"];
	_CHPool=	["O_Heli_Light_02_F","O_Heli_Light_02_unarmed_F"];
	_uavPool=	["O_UAV_01_F","O_UAV_02_CAS_F","O_UGV_01_rcws_F"];
	_stPool=	["O_Mortar_01_F","O_static_AT_F","O_static_AA_F"];
	_shipPool=	["O_Boat_Armed_01_hmg_F","O_Boat_Transport_01_F"];
	_diverPool=	["O_diver_exp_F","O_diver_F","O_diver_TL_F"];
	_crewPool=	["O_crew_F"];
	_heliCrew=	["O_helicrew_F","O_helipilot_F"];
};

That looks like EOS to me.

All you need to do is copy how its done in the second example (The CSAT faction).

so, 

_InfPool=	["Unit_ClassName","Unit_ClassName"];

The classname's of units can be found ingame when you hover over it with your mouse if using 3DEN.
If you use 2D editor, opening the units attributes, the top right has the units 
classname displayed there.