muf

Difficulty Overhaul

Can anyone drop here a custom difficulty config preset please (or on wiki)? Once I found on reddit, but I don't know where is it anymore.

Edit: 

Found it

class DifficultyPresets
{
	class CustomDifficulty
	{
		class Options
		{
			groupIndicators=2;
			friendlyTags=0;
			enemyTags=0;
			detectedMines=1;
			commands=0;
			waypoints=2;
			weaponInfo=2;
			stanceIndicator=2;
			reducedDamage=0;
			staminaBar=1;
			weaponCrosshair=0;
			visionAid=0;
			thirdPersonView=0;
			cameraShake=1;
			scoreTable=1;
			deathMessages=1;
			vonID=1;
			mapContent=0;
			autoReport=0;
			multipleSaves=0;
		};
		aiLevelPreset=3;
	};
	class CustomAILevel
	{
		skillAI=0.75;
		precisionAI=0.25;
	};
};

In the server cfg mission rotation:

difficulty="Custom";

Can anyone drop here a custom difficulty config preset please (or on wiki)? Once I found on reddit, but I don't know where is it anymore.

Edit: 

Found it

class DifficultyPresets
{
	class CustomDifficulty
	{
		class Options
		{
			groupIndicators=2;
			friendlyTags=0;
			enemyTags=0;
			detectedMines=1;
			commands=0;
			waypoints=2;
			weaponInfo=2;
			stanceIndicator=2;
			reducedDamage=0;
			staminaBar=1;
			weaponCrosshair=0;
			visionAid=0;
			thirdPersonView=0;
			cameraShake=1;
			scoreTable=1;
			deathMessages=1;
			vonID=1;
			mapContent=0;
			autoReport=0;
			multipleSaves=0;
		};
		aiLevelPreset=3;
	};
	class CustomAILevel
	{
		skillAI=0.75;
		precisionAI=0.25;
	};
};

difficulty="Custom";

This is very useful, thanks!

Edit: 

Found it

class DifficultyPresets
{
	class CustomDifficulty
	{
		class Options
		{
			groupIndicators=2;
			friendlyTags=0;
			enemyTags=0;
			detectedMines=1;
			commands=0;
			waypoints=2;
			weaponInfo=2;
			stanceIndicator=2;
			reducedDamage=0;
			staminaBar=1;
			weaponCrosshair=0;
			visionAid=0;
			thirdPersonView=0;
			cameraShake=1;
			scoreTable=1;
			deathMessages=1;
			vonID=1;
			mapContent=0;
			autoReport=0;
			multipleSaves=0;
		};
		aiLevelPreset=3;
	};
	class CustomAILevel
	{
		skillAI=0.75;
		precisionAI=0.25;
	};
};

difficulty="Custom";

DifficultyPresets in server.cfg?

example:

class Missions
{
    class Mission_1
    {
        template = "MissionName.Altis";
        difficulty = "YourMode";
    };
};
class DifficultyPresets
{
    class YourMode
    {
        class Options
        {
            groupIndicators=2;
            friendlyTags=0;
            enemyTags=0;
            detectedMines=1;
            commands=0;
            waypoints=2;
            weaponInfo=2;
            stanceIndicator=2;
            reducedDamage=0;
            staminaBar=1;
            weaponCrosshair=0;
            visionAid=0;
            thirdPersonView=0;
            cameraShake=1;
            scoreTable=1;
            deathMessages=1;
            vonID=1;
            mapContent=0;
            autoReport=0;
            multipleSaves=0;
        };
        aiLevelPreset=3;
    };
    class CustomAILevel
    {
        skillAI=0.75;
        precisionAI=0.25;
    };
};

or how it works now?

edit1:

ok it works, but groupIndicators=0; not working to disable the group icons

Making custom changes isn't working, you can only use the default settings without changes as they get ignored.

There is a pretty serious flaw too. As a server admin, if you use #missions once a mission has been loaded, the difficulty gets reset to Regular and the ability to change it is disabled. Server has to be rebooted to change difficulty.

You can add your own difficulty presets to CfgDifficultyPresets and then use them in the missions cycle in server config. Avoid using the name Custom for your classes, since this is a reserved one. Loading of own custom classes from the profile doesn't work anymore.

You can add your own difficulty presets to CfgDifficultyPresets and then use them in the missions cycle in server config. Avoid using the name Custom for your classes, since this is a reserved one. Loading of own custom classes from the profile doesn't work anymore.

What?

Description: Checks specific difficulty settings of the current user. Difficulty flag names can be found in the CfgDifficultyPresets config class or in ArmA profilefile under class DifficultyPresets/xxx/Options (xxx being Recruit, Regular or Veteran). 

This command replaces difficultyEnabled.

sooo.. you can add your own Difficulty Settings but dont load them since they cant be loaded via the profile of the server ? O.o

What about those who run servers without any set mission cycle or who change missions using #missions? And if can't use the name "Custom" how do we actually set a selectable difficulty profile? Having a mission cycle is out of the question for our group, and I'm sure many others.

Our group allows any member to make missions. These are loaded via the mission selection screen. For us these changes mean we can no longer set a defined difficulty because members can just randomly change/edit it. And now people need to be able reboot the server frequently because once a mission is loaded and you go back to the selection screen with #missions, you get stuck with Regular difficulty.

Under the old system, we had all difficulties set the same. There was effectively "one" difficulty, members loading missions couldn't change it or break it, no reboot was required between missions. This new system, for us, has brought nothing of use and removed every tool that allowed us to control difficulty settings.

We are using this same system as described above. This is unacceptable that this change has almost no documentation. 

Anyone has maybe "quick and dirty" way to overhaul this superb Difficulty Overhaul?

We are using this same system as described above. This is unacceptable that this change has almost no documentation. 

Anyone has maybe "quick and dirty" way to overhaul this superb Difficulty Overhaul?

Launch your server -> login as admin -> type #missions to go to the mission selection screen -> click GAME OPTIONS button -> DIFFICULTY -> tweak to your needs -> save -> restart

• Like 1

Launch your server -> login as admin -> type #missions to go to the mission selection screen -> click GAME OPTIONS button -> DIFFICULTY -> tweak to your needs -> save -> restart

Thank You very much ! :)

where the fuck is the documentation

Please be a bit more polite-there is no need for language like that when you are simply looking for something.

I will add to this that if you were already in a mission when you type #missions, it will be stuck on Regular difficulty and the Difficulty tab will be disabled until the next server reboot. I have discovered a workaround - select a mission and go to the slotting screen, then do #missions again and go back to the Game Options to see the Difficulty tab is unlocked again.

What groups like ours really need is the ability to tell the server via the config or profile to always default to a single difficulty preset (custom or otherwise) and for it to optionally make the settings "read only". That would actually be an improvement over how it was previously.

Right now the only solution I've got for members is a topic on our forums with the 23(!!!!!!) options they need to make sure are correctly set. This isn't a practical solution.

• Like 2

Just tried using these new server options. Great idea but doesn't seem to work properly. Turning 3rd person on seems to do nothing. Even tried removing the .Arma3Profile to make sure there's no conflicting - am I missing something?

That doesn't work for me, even when I logged in as admin, I don't get the DIFFICULTY option, it's greyed out. I tried restarting the server, no luck.

So, I have a dedicated server, I have set custom difficulties, in my profile it says 

difficulty = "custom";

difficultyMP = "custom";

But when I start a mission, I see myself on the map, have a crosshair etc.

So I restart tge server, log in as admin, type #missions (I also tried it without, we don't have a fixed rotation but rather chose missions via mission list on the fly), press Game Options, DIFFICULTY is greyed out, I cannot change it.

And even though it says "Difficulty: Custom" when I select a mission, it still uses regular or recruit difficulty.

What am I doing wrong? If anything?

its so hard to edit those settings....im using now class Difficulties in my server.cfg and took the regular settings. But i can't disable the cursor identification from my targets

example: Combat Medic (random Playername)

or shut off the mapmarker from vehicles and npc's

i tried to deactivate these

FriendlyTag=0;

EnemyTag=0;

HUDGroupInfo=0;

Map=0;

vars and nothing happen...really annoying this overhaul.

Okay, this is how we finally got it to work:

• Start server
  • Launch a mission
  • enter #missions
  • Go to Game Options -> Difficulties
  • Switch to Custom Diffiuclty
  • Click okay
Server will now use Custom difficulty. You can set the custom difficulty in the server's Profile. The settings in the admins Custom Difficulty is not used, only the one in the profile

• Start server

• Launch a mission

• enter #missions

• Click okay

Server will now use Custom difficulty. You can set the custom difficulty in the server's Profile. The settings in the admins Custom Difficulty is not used, only the one in the profile

sry for an 24/7 persistent server i will not everytime join my server, after random restart cycles, to use this workaround. This so dumb if this is the only way...BIS need to fix this and we need 300% usable documenations

Im not using a dedicated server, just wanted to double check, does the Difficulty settings I have are working when I launch a game with friends? or I need to set up something?

• Start server
  • Launch a mission
  • enter #missions
  • Click okay

The settings still don't seem work properly. By server profile I assume you mean the .ArmAProfile?

Just seen this:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/190122-third-person-view-and-veteran-difficulty/

sry for an 24/7 persistent server i will not everytime join my server, after random restart cycles, to use this workaround. This so dumb if this is the only way...BIS need to fix this and we need 300% usable documenations

Just saying how we finally got the server to run on custom difficulty. It's a workaround/hack at best, and once you enter #missions it apparently reverts back to Regular/Default difficulty. There is definitely the need for some sort of hotfix from Bohemia, this is a pretty messed up situation.

I'm actually considering trying a server-side addon that forces the difficulty settings on our server.

@EddiePrice 

yeah that's what we did. As I said, it still falls back to regular when you quit a mission with #missions, though.

• Like 2

Hi guys,

please de-couple the command targetsQuery from Difficulty Option mapContent=1

targetsQuery command very handy for modding but currently it is slaved to the difficulty option. If mapContent=0; , targetsQuery only returns sideEmpty/sideUnknown and civilian data.