Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Part Deux - TOA2 - [COOP/RP]Tourists on Abramia 2!

Tourists on Abramia II (TOA2)

Abramia 1.0 is coming after a sucessful MP test!

It's been almost 8 years(!) since we hosted something similiar on OFMan's Uhao and 4 years since the Lingor's Dictator Must Die MP event  ;) many people enjoy this kind of fun gathering but we encourage serious approach and teamplay. Last week was no different - fun event with international community playing together against powerful AI controlling the island. So we continue with the operation!

toa2s.jpg

Above: photos gathered from the last week's TOA event: disaster in Sokovo.

1. When?

This Thursday Mar 3 at:
8:00pm UK/Portugal/Ireland
9:00pm CET (Germany/Czech Rep/Poland/Slovenia/Croatia/Italy/Austria etc.)
10:00pm Israel/Greece/Turkey
11:00pm Moscow
3:00pm Eastern US

2. Requirements?
Original Arma 3 patched to 1.56 or latest stable patch + TeamSpeak3 Client for voice communication + microphone & headsets.
1. You need CUP (
http://cup-arma3.org/)Core, Terrains, Weapons, Units, Vehicles.

2. You need ACE3 (http://ace3mod.com/), ACE CUP Compatibility addon (link) and CBA (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18768).

3. Isla Abramia latest v1.0 with brand new FAP Units 1.0 (both addons planned to be released before Thursday) - download will be around ~280MB.

4. Allowed extra addon: @sthud_a3 (ShackTac HUD) for easier orientation - but optional!

UPDATED!!!- mod startup line should be:

-mod=@cup_terrains_core;@cup_terrains_maps;@abramia;@fap_units;@cup_weapons;@cup_units;@cup_vehicles;@sthud_a3;@cba_a3;@ace3;@cup_ace_compatibility

3. Story / Intel

toa2classified_intel.jpg

Last week's attack of Joint Ops team Forces on Sokovo Villa lead to a disaster. Footage we took revealed that Charlie Team managed to secure Col. Alfredo, brother of Dragan in his villa. Heavy firefight took place that day but villa has been secured with VIP target still alive. Unfortunately we were unable to retrieve laptop with important data on Dragan's Army due to a FREAKING MINI NUCLEAR EXPLOSION. Several survivors from Charlie Team gave statements but we are still determining what exactly led to that unfortunate event. What we were able to gather so far is that Alfredo managed to get free and one member of Charlie team double tapped him. With Alfredo's death a countdown of 2 minutes has been set and we were fortunately able to extract majority of forces from that area. But we still lost a lot of good men that day as several extraction helicopters crashed in a huge fireball. Nuke has been identified as 1-kiloton device with a blast radius of ~500 metres and 500 rem lethal radiation dose in area of 850-1000 metres.

Initial intel we have confirms Alfredo managed to get nukes to Isla Abramia with cargo ships from Northern Sahrani along with several SLA military equipment. Including at least 24 tanks and several Su-25 planes were spotted on satellite images. It is not excluded biohazard weapons were not in one of the shipments, so we requested several NBC (nuclear, biological, chemical) suits for this upcoming operation.

HQ is ordering immediate start of Operation TOA2 this Thursday with next objectives:

- retrieve shipment of NBC suits delivered at approx March 3 @2030Z.

- secure capitol of Yolandi with assistance of armored group

- investigate locations of possible additional 1 kiloton mini-nukes and or nerve gas agents.

- capture Dragan

4. Sides & Equipment
We all start on the same side as Abramian Rebel Alliance (ARA). Official event language is EnglishThere will be respawn enabled for reinforcements, and respawn points will move when certain objectives are met. Abramia is a small country and depends largely on Russian equipment, mostly light vehicles and armor. Couple of army bases provide transport and assault helicopters while airbases have couple of jets on the standby. Dragan increased air defenses as he is expecting foreign involvement, so do not count on any help from above any time soon. It is absolutely crucial to capture any assets we come across.

5. Server
Event will be hosted on SBP's dedicated server in Europe and teamspeak3 will be available. We are available for any questions in this topic.

6. How to join?
1. Put a reply in this topic stating:

"REQ JOIN - Nickname - Team/Clan Name."
X/Os and fight organizers please send only one topic with the list of all members that will be able to come to the event. We will update the player slots in this topic accordingly.
You will recieve teamspeak, server data & pass to join on your private message at least few hours before the start.

7. Player Slots (Guestlist)
We reserved *43* slots for this mission. In case more of you apply, we might increase that.

Taken: 18 out of 43 (23,26%).

[TEAM ALPHA (SBP)] "CAS/Infantry"
1. IceBreakr
2. Sahbazz

3. SmukY

4. Spidi

5. Diablo

6. InFlames

7. Krivic

8. Amir

9. Tolovaj
10. [reserved]

[TEAM BRAVO (Teams can apply!)] "Mechanized Infantry"

1. Mereck - TFI
2. Fab - TFI
3. Chewie - TFI
4. Rochois - TFI

5. [free]

6. [free]

7. [free]

8. [free]

9. [free]

10. [free]

[TEAM CHARLIE (Individual Players)] "Assault Squad"

1. Granis - i-M3

2. Pricey - i-M3

3. cabo0se aka ePURGEUK 

4. [free]

5. [free]

6. [free]

7. [free]

8. [free]

9. [free]

10. [free]

[TEAM DELTA] Role for this team will be set shortly!

1. [free]

2. [free]

3. [free]

4. [free]

5. [free]

6. [free]

7. [free]

8. [free]

9. [free]

10. [free]

[PRESS / Film crew] (for recording of the event, they must not carry any weapons and wear PRESS marking on the back at all times)

1. Jeza
2. FM
3. [free]

Changelog of the topic:
Feb 29 8:16pm - initial topic launch

Mar 1 11:41pm - 10 signups added

Mar 2 10:50pm - 18 players on guestlist, ACE3 added, mod line updated!

• Like 2

Press again please good sir.

Press again please good sir.

jeza if you go into it again please record some good stuff for us like last time! I enjoyed the video.

REQ JOIN - Granis - i-M3

REQ JOIN - Pricey - i-M3

Not 100% sure my friend will be there or not, it depends.

But put us up for 2 slots.

Looking forward to being boots on the ground again.

Also is there any chance that we could be using TFAR this time around. Or will that create to much of a headache for everyone?

granis: TFAR... .my team likes it, but dunno how many people will join the event? There should be a quick tutorial at the beginning in that case?

Added 10 people that signed up so far, 1st post updated.

The thing is i thought the last event was great and all. but there was no communication between the squads. which in my opinion was a shame. And the fact that i got rather "messy" in the ts channel.

But yeah i can understand way we wouldn't be using TFAR during the session.

Yeah I admit, got lost in managing three things at once (mission zeus scenario, 4 teams on comm, leading alpha). I could only sit in an office with that job ;) REMF ;) anyhow, glad Sahbazz came and relieved me of duty with Alpha team ;)

Hopefully things will be more organized this time. Missions are also much more detailed and we'll have time to plan them ahead on the map, ok?

This sounds good, unfortunately its a CO-OP. If it was a PvP FUSION would have been interested ;)

R0adki11: we will make a PvP next one, ok?

Be advised all - added ACE3 to required addons for this event.

R0adki11: we will make a PvP next one, ok?

Be advised all - added ACE3 to required addons for this event.

awesome. what will the medical system be set to(simple or advanced)?

Hi SBP, we'll be here again for more!

REQ JOIN - Mereck - TFI

REQ JOIN - Fab - TFI

REQ JOIN - Chewie - TFI

REQ JOIN - Rochois - TFI

Great news TFI! You're set up as Bravo team. Your role in this operation will follow soon.

18 ppl on the guestlist.

Due to low numbers of soldiers all teams have been assigned to infantry. Alpha will provide CAS with one light assault chopper and provide logistics with one additional transport chopper. Bravo team is assigned light vehicle and will be able to use Armored vehicle (APC, Tank) in a situation that arises. Charlie team is assault infantry only with Alpha assigned to their support.

Will the link for dl be provided the same way as before. or can we use the versions that we downloaded last week

Meet up at:

[event passed]

Remember to get ACE3 and ACE3 CUP Compatibility addons enabled! You get Abramia 1.0 + FAP Units v1.0 for final test before release.

Thank you all for coming to TAO2 and I hope you all enjoyed the mission.

Sadly I had to leave around midnight. (I needed to get up at 0430)

I think we played really well and that communiction was good between teams. We just might continue this kind of multinational events in the future.  ;) 

Take care...

P.S. NPM confirms.

Thanks for the event. Once again it was alot of fun. Looking forward to any future events.

Gahhh I can't believe I missed this!!!

What I fool I am for forgetting to check this section of the forum.

I'm off to stand in the corner and beat my head against the wall until wet