thedubl

Performance drop since eden or is it just me...?

Hello everyone, I was just wondering if anyone notice a performance drop since the last update? I use the  -nologs in the start up and view distance set to 2500 and prior was maintaining 50 + fps for the most part (no mods here). Have been tweaking settings around now keep at 30 +. Just seems all over the place since the update, but to be honest I was not really on for a few weeks when it was released so i cannot be certain. I have not made and big changes on my servers. Just polling to see if was just me. 

thedubl

It's not just you buddy, before EDEN I could run a massive firefight in Kavala between 70-90 fps no problem. Now I hardly hold steady at 30-40. Now I feel sad I put so much money into my pc just to figure out it barely runs arma 3 anymore.

Well that just bites. I will try to keep messing around with it. I find something that works i certainly share.

Thanks,

dubl

When I was staff on a large server around 13k members on the website alot of people came to Requesting Technical Support on TeamSpeak after the Eden update complaining of serious performance issues.

So I guess bohemia did something under the radar and now we all have dropped performance. Also does anyone of you use the real light effect for arma 3? Before Eden I used to get no problem with it now performance drops even more when I use it.

I also have reduced fps after Eden update :(

Hope they can look at optimization at some point.

EDIT specs:

8Gb ram 

i7 2600K @ 4.4gHz

GTX780 3Gb

Windows 7

Was running very well before update and its not terrible now but noticeably lower.

So I guess bohemia did something under the radar and now we all have dropped performance. Also does anyone of you use the real light effect for arma 3? Before Eden I used to get no problem with it now performance drops even more when I use it.

Yeah-I have noticed fps drops as well. The framerate seems more erratic-it will bounce around a lot even if i am just walking along a road in the empty editor. I am using RealLight too- haven't noticed it causing the issue, but I will check into that. I also use Dwardens malloc which had increased my fps by almost 10 before the update. Strangely , other people are reporting a big improvement in framerate since the update. Could I ask what peoples specs are? Mine : i54690k @ 4.2Ghz , GTX 980 GPU , 16GB Hyper X Savage RAM @ 2400Mhz ,z97-k Motherboard. Windows 10.

Could the new Geometric Occluder technology cause this?

I also have occasional framerate drops, along with frequent micro-freezes since 1.56.

Could the new Geometric Occluder technology cause this?

I also have occasional framerate drops, along with frequent micro-freezes since 1.56.

That looks like a probable culprit alright.

Yeah-I have noticed fps drops as well. The framerate seems more erratic-it will bounce around a lot even if i am just walking along a road in the empty editor. I am using RealLight too- haven't noticed it causing the issue, but I will check into that. I also use Dwardens malloc which had increased my fps by almost 10 before the update. Strangely , other people are reporting a big improvement in framerate since the update. Could I ask what peoples specs are? Mine : i54690k @ 4.2Ghz , GTX 980 GPU , 16GB Hyper X Savage RAM @ 2400Mhz ,z97-k Motherboard. Windows 10.

My specs are: i5 4690, 3.50GHz, 8GB ram and I dont know how to find the rest :D I am an idiot

My specs are: i5 4690, 3.50GHz, 8GB ram and I dont know how to find the rest :D I am an idiot

Use speccy-you can monitor all your temps etc and it tells you all the hardware you have- https://www.piriform.com/speccy

• Like 1

Use speccy-you can monitor all your temps etc and it tells you all the hardware you have- https://www.piriform.com/speccy

Sad thing I don't have more room on my pc. I have 2 hard drives that are each 2 TB large and they are both full. 

Has everyone got nvidia cards in here and latest driver?

Nope, AMD here (up to date) :

Windows 7 Professionnel 64-bit SP1

Intel Pentium G3258 @ 3.20GHz

RAM : 8,00 Go Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz

2048MB ATI AMD Radeon R7 200 Series

111GB KINGSTON KINGSTON SV300S3 SCSI Disk Device (SSD)

EDIT : by the way, shouldn't we move this to the troubleshooting section?

Has everyone got nvidia cards in here and latest driver?

Yes-GTX 980 .Up to date drivers

Edit-Topic moved to troubleshooting

i7 5820 3.3ghz OC'ed 20%, 32 DDR4 2800 mhz Dominator platinum RAM, Dual 4gb 970's gpu's, Samsung 840 EVO SSD, ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME

Power is not the issue. It could be moved, but I was originally just polling the people.