Was previously called Knock on Tanks

I originally created this mod for use by my unit but I thought some other groups might find it useful.

Basically, it adds an ACE interaction allowing you to knock on the vehicle, alerting the crew.

We use it as a way for an infantry element to get a vehicle commander to pop his hatch so they can talk.

It plays a sound for anyone inside the vehicle as well as giving them a hint that someone is knocking on the tank (if the variable is set to true).

Works with any vehicle that inherits from class Tank or Wheeled_APC in it's config.

It's also important to note the mod lets you knock on any tank/APC, including ones crewed by enemies so it can be a fun way to mess with enemy crews during PVP events :)

Video of myself knocking on our Abrams during an op (showing how it can be useful):

As the mod uses ACE actions it does obviously require ACE3 & CBA in order to work.

Optional variables
These can be placed in your mission's init.sqf to change certain things about the mod:

BRIDGE_vehicleknock_showHint = true;
Enables a hint when you knock on a vehicle/your vehicle gets knocked on. Defaults to false.

BRIDGE_vehicleknock_blacklist_classnames = [];
BRIDGE_vehicleknock_blacklist_configInheritance = [];

Allows you to blacklist a classname or a config inheritance chain. Both default to empty arrays (not blacklisting anything).

BRIDGE_vehicleknock_whitelist_classnames = [];
BRIDGE_vehicleknock_whitelist_configInheritance = [];

Allows you to allow a classname or config inheritance chain that the blacklist would have blocked. Both default to empty arrays (not blacklisting anything).

Latest Version:

Download Link (1.2): https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B6PQLNEQasydM1RKSEZybXJSYms

Steam Workshop - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=906748433

Changelog:

Version 1.2 - Core code rewrite, added variables to control showing hints, added support for vehicles inheriting from Wheeled_APC, added blacklists/whitelists.

Version 1.1 - Switched to using globalSay3D from CBA, means you can hear other people when they knock on a tank.

Old Versions:

Download Link (1.1): https://docs.google.com/uc?authuser=0&id=0B20-0Lup7NUdMWlsVzZUV2dhVGM&export=download

Download Link (1.0): https://docs.google.com/uc?authuser=0&id=0B20-0Lup7NUddkM2NW40TmZzVjA&export=download

Let me know if you run into any issues or have any suggestions/feedback. :)

- [RFT] Bridge.J

• Like 5

Tanks a lot man. (huehuehue)

Don't knock it till you've tried it

• Like 1

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey [JTFS] Bridge.J , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

• Like 1

You should add this as a main feature of ACE3

I totally agree with you, this should be a must feature for ACE3. The knocking sound is very nice as well!

I may look into getting it added to ACE3 :)

Oh and something I didn't mention in the first post.. the mod deliberately doesn't check the faction of the vehicle so you can knock on enemy tanks. :D

Oh and something I didn't mention in the first post.. the mod deliberately doesn't check the faction of the vehicle so you can knock on enemy tanks. :D

you can play Knock dash and shoot on the tank crew :lol:

I may look into getting it added to ACE3 :)

Hahaha I figured it out before you told us :D we had a small PvP session last weekend. In short I just went behind one of the enemy tanks knocked and they got out thinking I was one of their infantry guys and shot the commander :D

• Like 1

Hahaha I figured it out before you told us :D we had a small PvP session last weekend. In short I just went behind one of the enemy tanks knocked and they got out thinking I was one of their infantry guys and shot the commander :D

Haha, awesome.

Glad to see the mod being put to good use. :P

This mod doesnt seem to work for BTRs since they are wheeled vehicles by class, is there a reason why the mod is meant only for tracked vehicles?

A version in which all land vehicles are "knockable" would be awesome!

This mod doesnt seem to work for BTRs since they are wheeled vehicles by class, is there a reason why the mod is meant only for tracked vehicles?

A version in which all land vehicles are "knockable" would be awesome!

Yeah, its because the mod adds the action to any vehicle that inherits from Tank_F, so only tracked vehicles.

I will work on changing it to also work on wheeled vehicles :)

Bridge: Thanks for this mod. If integration with ACE isn't coming anytime soon, is there any chance of seeing this on the Steam workshop? My community is looking to move away from A3Sync to the workshop so it's be great if this was available there.

Version 1.2 released 16-APR-2017

Changes:

- Core code rewrite

- Added variables to control showing a hint

- Added blacklist/whitelist options

- Supports vehicles that inherit from Wheeled_APC

- Now called Knock on Vehicles (old name: Knock on Tanks)

- Mod now available on the Steam Workshop

Download V1.2 - https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B6PQLNEQasydM1RKSEZybXJSYms

Steam Workshop - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=906748433

• Like 1

Would that be possible to add a little more advanced variation on the "knock on the hatch" method of communication? :) 
21116704365_897c4795ab_o.jpg

This picture always cracks me up for some reason. :) 

51 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

Would that be possible to add a little more advanced variation on the "knock on the hatch" method of communication? :) 

Possible? Probably. But I have no knowledge of the systems required for that (ACRE/TFAR etc.)

I am going to look into it but no promises. :)

• Like 2