Loving the update, any plans to add in variants with ramp guns and unarmed variants?

can we get mybe a wreck or model of a helicopter widouth rotorblades? for the sake of statics objects and slingloading :D

So we dusted off Duda's advanced sling loading and applied it to a map that we are using your helicopter in.........Holy F'cking Sh!T!!! Super stable....for Duda's script you have to lower the ropes and then hold hover while someone on the ground attaches them. Now, I'm a bit of snob and NEVER use autohover, which is a real pain in the ass in a lot of Arma 3 helicopters. Um....not so much in this one though!! Hands down the finest flying large helicopter in the game!! thanks for your hard work on the fastroping too, that'll come in handy for our campaigns. 

~Rob

20160311183944_1_zpslvpgcgcf.jpg

Fixed!

Helicopter will stay perfectly level while lifting heavy loads.

• Like 1

20160318231117_1_zpsecusbvss.jpg

Added     :  CH-47F "RAF" Colors,

loving the RAF colours matey

• Like 2

Love the new skins, only problem I currently have is that none of the seats in the chinook are able to deploy or prepare the fast roping system for ace.

Nice Mamba!! Looking FWD to it! It it going to be released on the Armaholic or another DL location? I am not a PWS guy..........

~Rob

Love the new skins, only problem I currently have is that none of the seats in the chinook are able to deploy or prepare the fast roping system for ace.

strange I just tested it before release and deployed the ropes just fine, don't use the FRIES module.

Sitting in the back (while in air) open the ramp, press ACE interaction fastrope down it works from both the cargo protection seats as in the cargo seats.

@ Robert31178,

Steam and PWS are up to date I really don't care which location u download from. 

@Kecharles28,

Thanks for your fast response today ;)

Nice Mamba!! Looking FWD to it! It it going to be released on the Armaholic or another DL location? I am not a PWS guy..........

~Rob

Me to :D

Thanks for doing the RAF skin!!! Its a good one at that!

Look forward to see what else is coming to this mod!

hey pal, been having trouble not being able to lift things that should be liftable such as the 3CB Jackal & Coyote

do they have sling load memory points ?

is it under 11792 kilograms ?

i just increased the weight of the CH47F in the "dutch marsof units" pack to its original empty weight +- 3000 kilograms heavier then it is in this mod and it lifts

itself even with full fuel tank.

(This mod started as the CH-47F in the MARSOF units pack same config setup)

• Like 1

Yes they have memory points and they are light enough to be lifted so I'm confused y it isn't working :/

What exactly are you trying to lift? I run this bird just fine, and my squad has included Duda's advanced sling loading. If you go back a few pages you will see me slinging a Huey, and then Mamba one upping me and lifting another Chinook. I would double check to make sure you are using the script correctly. One question: Are you using it on either a dedicated server or in a scripted mission? We found that using Dud'as creates an ACE3 error in the form of advanced sling loading, but it affects nothing and only shows up because ACE thinks it is missing a module it doesn't really need. Have you tried to lift any stock objects using Arma's regular sling loading assist functions? 

Hit me up if you continue to have problems, send me a PM or something, let Mamba keep tweaking his sick ass'd mod!!

~S

• Like 1

@Blackmamba We (me and Loopdk) have confirmed we can slingload a chinook and lift off( If even just barely) But we can't fly with the 3CB jackal slingloaded.

Only thing we can do is "bunny hops" so to speak, after gaining some upward momentum.

If you want me to explain this, please write me a PM, because I believe you are Dutch aswell ;)

@Blackmamba We (me and Loopdk) have confirmed we can slingload a chinook and lift off( If even just barely) But we can't fly with the 3CB jackal slingloaded.

Only thing we can do is "bunny hops" so to speak, after gaining some upward momentum.

If you want me to explain this, please write me a PM, because I believe you are Dutch aswell ;)

Looks like you LADS in 3 Para are having the same problem as us over in the 6thAB

that is a weight issue, I had that issue myself in the Dutch MARSOF Units pack with the SH-14D.

The jackals weight is off, maybe the author forgot to set weight to zero in the "geometry physics" lod.

or the author who made the jackal for arma 2 has included fuel and cargo weight in object which in arma 3 it shouldn't have that included in total mass.

fuel haves mass of 1 = 1kg  per liter.

So for example trying to lift the CH-47F with empty fuel tank should be easy (3825 kg) weight reduction.

what I did is figure the empty weight of a vehicle and use that as the total mass of an object in my case the CH-47F.

so what u should do is look @ what is the mass of the jackal in game,

there are commands like "getMass" and check what is the weight of its real life counterpart's "empty weight". 

• Like 1

The Jackal should be able to be lifted as we made it to be lifted by a Chinook with a slingLoadMaxCargoMass = 10000; I think. It might be 12000, I would have to check. The Coyote can't be as it exceeds the maximum weight that the Chinook can sling load.

Hmm, we had seen that 10500kg figure, but also that it could take another 3900 in payload in the back as well. That is why it would not be lifted by Chinook. It was running close, especially with the Chinook loaded with units. Either way, we included the sling load points on the Coyote in case another custom heavy lift helicopter was used. That doesn't explain why the Jackal won't lift though. It is only near the 7000kg mark. We happily sling it with the Deltagamer Chinook and RHS's as we often use it in ops.

use Deltagamers Chinook or RHS if they do sling the vehicles better.

I don't like to undermine somebody else's work and hate to say a bad things about other peoples work..

I tried to make the CH-47 in this addon close to what it CAN do, how much fuel it actually carry's (without the use of extra internal tanks)

not making it a stunt chopper that can lift a M1 Abrahams or anything like that.

if I could make it sling in tandem I would upped the sling capacity by 3208kg but I cant.. so this is what it loads.

don't like it don't use it.

• Like 1