Looking forward to the updated version. You said the original sounds were bad?I thought it sounded amazing! :)

Can I ask how/where you got the sounds?

Hi ineptaphid,

All sounds currently in the Boeing CH-47F addon are coming from www.Youtube.com

It started when I added the CH47 in the Dutch Marsof Units addon.

and gradually got it to where it is now.

Actually this addon is born out of a faster way to binarize and test the sound ingame as I had to figure out the way the sound is handled.

It was faster to make a couple of textures wich i already had as .psd, rename the model and go on tweaking the sound.

with a 82mb size than to do that with a way bigger addon source.

downloaded well over 100 CH47 video clips get on my neighbor's nerves for quite a few hours a day.

Using a free program called "Audicity" added all plugins and converting the video's online

don't know the sites name just typed down "youtube video downloader" and it came up in the top 5 results.

and tought I could as well release the test version as the Original CH-47 as depicted on the http://www.boeing.com/defense/ch-47-chinook/ website

But to come back to your comment, by the "original sounds" u mean the ones I used in the initial release ?

Or the ones that came with A2 Arrowhead ?

the rotorsound wasn't bad but when I came back home and did all the things I should have done in reverse..

I unpacked the rotor sample and found out that the audio clip's sound volume decreased from start to end.

the one that is in now was a one in a million find, by accident it was a perfect loop without further editing.

Mamba, 

Suh-weeeeeeeeet!!!!

My squad is switching from the older Chinook pack to this one for our upcoming campaign, we love it. It flies real nice and does indeed sound amazing!!

I do have a small complaint...I almost feel like a turd for asking this, but is the VSI gauge on the fix list? I have been hoping for a white knight to come down in his shining armor and deliver a working VSI in a Chinook for me.......

Aside from that? Home run mate, A+, really nice mod. Thank you for bringing this to us, it came just in time, we start ops in a week and a half!!

~S

@robert31178

Fixed ! the Surface below the chopper is always Zero now.

And it doesn't stop spinning after 1 loop.

@ Baconeo

wouldn't the RAF CH-47 be much darker green ?.

during editing I must have seen 200 RAF CH-47's in flight display and they where all dark green.

Maybe in a later release I will add the ground radar pods and extra stuff as proxy's to turn it in to the HC2 so u can add/remove in virtual garage.

Textures are already on my HDD I only have to pick the right colors to match it with the RAF CH-47.

• Like 1

Wow that was fast. Any way you could also arrange for it to start raining Corvette keys in my yard??? :P

Now, where do I get said update with the working VSI?

~S

two changes (not released or uploaded) are done today

as per request I took out the rotor "swist" noise ( the swish,.. swish,.. swish sound when u hit full throttle or nose dive a certain degree)

the actual CH-47 makes that noise but different from what can be perceived in game, its kind of out of sync with rotor shaft ('s).

And the "altimeter" keeps spinning after a full 360 as it should.

zero's on the surface below the fuselage ( it registers Land / Water / Roof top's and Trees ). 

so now it haves working

pilot stick's / lever's

RTD advanced flight model

ramp/door animations

updated sounds

AGM fast rope compatibility ( Forgot about that one ;) ) fast rope memory point moved to the ramp instead of trough the floor hatch (not yet done in current release) 

A3 Sling Load compatibility

A3 FFV compatibility

only thing it doesn't have is corvette key drop compatibility ;)

If you have added AGM fast rope support are you also going to add ACE 3 fast rope support (released yesterday)? Good work either way!

I just took a look into ACE3 github, and the way AGM was implemented looks the same as ACE but during binarization bin make didn't like those new lines to much

so I have to see bit further to get it working.

apart from that the fastrope locations (where the ropes are attached to the fuselage) are already set in my config so I don't have to tweak that anymore.

In the future it likely will be compatible with ACE3 fastroping.

[EDIT]

Ok I got it working (Tested and confirmed)

Updated first post,

Compatibility update.

Log :

Added   : CH-47F Ace Fastrope Compatibility,
Added   : CH-47F Ace Cargospace Compatibility,
Added   : CH-47F Roadway Lod,

Removed : Rotor swist noise,

Replaced :AGM compatibility (ACE3 compatible),
Fixed     : CH-47F Altimeter,

So we dusted off Duda's advanced sling loading and applied it to a map that we are using your helicopter in.........Holy F'cking Sh!T!!! Super stable....for Duda's script you have to lower the ropes and then hold hover while someone on the ground attaches them. Now, I'm a bit of snob and NEVER use autohover, which is a real pain in the ass in a lot of Arma 3 helicopters. Um....not so much in this one though!! Hands down the finest flying large helicopter in the game!! thanks for your hard work on the fastroping too, that'll come in handy for our campaigns. 

~Rob

20160311183944_1_zpslvpgcgcf.jpg

How do you set it up for ACE Fastroping? I sync'd the 'Add FRIES' module to the helo but I do not get the rope option?

@ khaosmatical

don't use the fries module it is not needed for the ropes to deploy.

The FRIES module will only fit a 3D model to deploy ropes to the side of the fuselage

like in a Blackhawk for example.

I set it up like the Arma 3 stealthy CH49 ? helicopter.

It will deploy the ropes in the back of the fuselage but doesn't make use of the FRIES 3d model.

if u have ACE3 active and "BattleEye" turned off for the .dll files to load (until ACE3 .dll files are white listed by BattleEye)

u can just sit in the back and deploy the ropes by pressing the ACE3 interaction button.

to survive the way down I suggest not to hover higher than +- 20 meters..

@ robert31178

It can Airlift more than just a Huey ;)

20160313013040_1_zpsqkuscqul.jpg

But be careful if the speed is to high and u turn the auto hover on, the rotor can collide with the load underneath which most likely will result in a engine failure and a crash.

• Like 1

Oh no, I NEVER use autohover remember? I do like how you can feel it come under load though. I climbed and then let go and I was almost immediately going 30+kmh backwards!!! That was spooky. 

That's a crazy pic lol.......

~S

How do I do this? Say a boat or a boat full of troops?

@ robert31178

It can Airlift more than just a Huey ;)

But be careful if the speed is to high and u turn the auto hover on, the rotor can collide with the load underneath which most likely will result in a engine failure and a crash.

Oh no, I NEVER use autohover remember? I do like how you can feel it come under load though. I climbed and then let go and I was almost immediately going 30+kmh backwards!!! That was spooky. 

That's a crazy pic lol.......

~S

I know..

it is a arma 3 thing, the hatch is not exactly in the middle of the fuselage and.. well physics.

so where a real life CH-47 would adjust the lift force to the rear to compensate in arma 3 u have to adjust the stick/keyboard input to get the same result.

Any help please guys, I have tried to get this working in the "Air Support" script from Draper and so far ive got it able to spawn as a transport chopper, but its only spawning with Pilot and 1 crew sat in the back.

Any idea on how to spawn it with Pilot, Co Pilot, 2 gunners, and 1 crew in the back?