Sign in to follow this  
st_dux

[SP] Operation Bengal Toe

gms7US

The AAF have captured an important leader in the Altis resistance movement and are planning to execute him later today. Although the AAF are our allies, we cannot allow this execution to proceed; the potential intel that the resistance leader possesses is too great. You are to lead a small team of CSAT Special Forces soldiers on a daring dawn raid on the compound where the resistance leader is being held, capture him alive, and bring him back to headquarters for interrogation.

This is a relatively simple but fairly challenging hostage rescue scenario that requires the player stealthily approach an enemy compound and then coordinate multiple elements in a fast-paced assault. One wrong move can result in the resistance leader being killed, which means mission failure.

This scenario does not require any addons or mods to play. It was designed for 100% vanilla Arma 3.

Workshop link:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=634796582

Armaholic link:

Operation Bengal Toe

This is the first mission I've published in years, although I've been editing Arma missions for about 15 years now, and I work with VBS3 professionally. I started scripting before the Biki existed, which now that I think about it, makes me feel pretty old. Enjoy the mission, and if you find any bugs, please report them here!

• Like 1

Saw your name and had to grab this. Great briefing, great use of links to pics and other areas, love the use of PIP. One question, I have had the mission fail twice, and I don't know why. Any advice? Is the resistance leader getting killed? Thanks!

Thanks for checking out the mission, AZCoder. If you're getting a mission failed screen, then the resistance leader is indeed being killed; nothing else can cause mission failure in this scenario. My advice for avoiding this is to be more careful on approach to the compound: If you encounter a patrol, you must either eliminate it very quickly (not allowing for any return fire) or avoid it altogether. If the patrol has a chance to tell HQ that they are under fire, the resistance leader will be killed. During the actual assault, you have to be very aggressive: Moving too slowly will allow enemy soldiers at the compound to kill the resistance leader. It's not particularly easy, which is why you get a free autosave after successfully infiltrating.

The mission is now up on Armaholic as well for those averse to Steam:

Operation Bengal Toe

Thanks for the tips. It's really well made, good job.

• Like 1