Reverse Thrust

by Jack Ost

What is it ?

This script allows to simulate in a semi-realistic way the reverse thrust on a plane. It's possible to use pushback on any type of aircraft and to use reverse thrust in flight.

Features

•  Ground activation : Ground activation allow to simulate the pushback of the aircraft. It means that the plane back with low speed ,it's constant at 5km/h. It works for any aircraft. To turn back on , use the same button to roll left or right but in reverse order ( left-> right). The plane stops after disengaging the system.
  •  In flight activation :
    • Use with a propeller aircraft ( registered in the module ) : Reverse thrust snaps directly, it has a role of brake for the plane and causes a very important loss of speed. This will slow down quickly to acquire a low speed or to make a short landing . To gain speed, you must disengage the system and speed up.
    • Use with an airplane without propellers (switch mode deactivate): Reverse thrust does not engage directly, it wait, that is to say that once the landing gear touch the ground, system engage. It will slow down quickly to acquire a low speed and thus make a short landing. Skip to below 80 km / h the system deactivates itself; otherwise the system will stop when you disengage.

Download

French version : Here Now

English version : Here Now

Armaholic or WithSix Download below

Guide

French Guide : Guide en Français

English Guide : English Guide

Crédits

Bohémia Interactive

Jack Ost

Special Thanks

To Piolotepasvirtuel and Bee Gee from http://www.pilote-virtuel.com for informations and very useful documentation.

To "Conflit de Canard" Coop Community for testing
To Moon for helping me
  • Like 5

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Jack Ost , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Hm, I cant get this to work. Will we get some kind of how-to guide in english? And - would it be possible to get a script version of this mod?

Hm, I cant get this to work. Will we get some kind of how-to guide in english? And - would it be possible to get a script version of this mod?

Hi, yes I will post english guide as soon as possible :)

Script version why ? I have an old outdated script version.

Hi,

New version available and english guide now available.

First page edited.

Changelog (v1.52) :

- Update config

- Binarize config

- Small tweaks

- new key/bisign

• Like 1

Hi,

New version available. First page edited.

Changelog (v1.53)

Update config for 1.60

Update init function (cba version 2.4.0.160530 compatibility)

• Like 1

great mod but on the server/mission side is useless - the players without the mod will be kicked from the server, which is 99% of the players..

Hi, I very nice mod !

Would you mind releasing it on the steam workshop ?

Thank you !

Really nice Addon, works very good

Hi,

I found a little bug

In fn_Pushback on line 184 the "User 8" Key-press require the variable "veh", but "veh" does not exist yet if the user did not press "User 7" at least once before.

• Like 1

Hi,

I found a little bug

In fn_Pushback on line 184 the "User 8" Key-press require the variable "veh", but "veh" does not exist yet if the user did not press "User 7" at least once before.

Thanks for feedback, soon updated.

Hi,

New version, now it's full client side. You can play with it without module. Work in MP (you can be the only player to have).

I have rewritten french and english guide. And now two versions (maybe temporary) : 1 in french, 1 in english.

Changelog (v 1.6) :

- Automatic Launch Addon

- Delete module version

- Add keysbinding menu

- Fix some bugs

• Like 1

Can't get to Work.

Have copied the files from ADDON to ADDON in Steam Arma3, and also the same for KEYS to KEYS. It does appear in settings under CONTROLS, but nothing happends.
When i try to read the guide it takes me to a homepage called IFICHIER.COM when i have to pay for guide info???

Please help!

Johnny F.

2 hours ago, Johnny Frederik Andresen said:

Can't get to Work.

Have copied the files from ADDON to ADDON in Steam Arma3, and also the same for KEYS to KEYS. It does appear in settings under CONTROLS, but nothing happends.
When i try to read the guide it takes me to a homepage called IFICHIER.COM when i have to pay for guide info???

Please help!

Johnny F.

Hi,

Check it for install : http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29755

Guide is available freely, 1fichier.com is a free website with premium accounts.

But I think this mod need an update...

Hi all,

The mod is now open source on github : https://github.com/Jack-Ost/Reverse_Thrust

You are able to modify, copy, fork and upload it on workshop if you want. 

Last release include :

- Some functions rewrite

- Better performance

- Works with throttle

- Works and customization with CBA

Download it here : https://github.com/Jack-Ost/Reverse_Thrust/releases

This is the latest version, I don't have time to develop it anymore. Please moderators, can you lock this thread.