D_wolf

Constant "ghost" stutter

Hello everyone,

Posting this here is my last attempt in trying to solve a problem that's been hauting me for months...

I have more than 1000 hours of Arma 3 and recently I got a new computer so I could enhance my experience, but since then I've had a problem that seems it won't see the light.

I have a constant stutter that happens in a pattern every 2 or 5 seconds and isn't linked to bad fps. Changing the graphic settings, the parameters, the config file, etc... does absolutely nothing. This stutter happens even when I have 60+ fps, in both SP and MP. And even in the menu and virtual arsenal where frames per second get above 100.

System specs:

Intel i7-4720HQ 2.6ghz (3.6ghz Turbo)

Nvidia GTX 960m (4GB)

12GB RAM

I've tried everything, tweaks, changing graphic settings, editing the parameters, trying different drivers, reinstalling... and so on. And nothing, absolutely nothing makes a difference... No matter what the variable this "ghost" stutter always happens.

This problem only happens with Arma 3, other games run like a charm.

Post by me on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/470ty9/need_help_from_a_developer_nvidia/

Regarding this problem, this also happens to me: Glitchy shadows:  https://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/46a7mq/weird_shadow_glitches/(Post by other reddit user)

Thanks in advance, I really hope a solution comes up. This really makes me sad and frustrated because it makes it impossible to play my favourite game.

Stutter: verify you don't have a "never ending" loading process on Steam (yes Steam! a 0k / 0k to download stuttering status, freezing the game each time it try to update the workshop. It's a bug and the only way to avoid this mess is to be on Steam dev branch (not Arma, but steam).

Glitches: downgrade to NVIDIA 355.60 . Still yesterday, i had to do that after trying the last 361.91 ...

Stutter: verify you don't have a "never ending" loading process on Steam (yes Steam! a 0k / 0k to download stuttering status, freezing the game each time it try to update the workshop. It's a bug and the only way to avoid this mess is to be on Steam dev branch (not Arma, but steam).

Glitches: downgrade to NVIDIA 355.60 . Still yesterday, i had to do that after trying the last 361.91 ...

I don't have this "never ending" loading process on Steam...

i have the same problem i shouldnt be having problems here are my specks:

GPU:Geforce GTX 980 Ti

CPU:AMD FX-8350 Eight Core Processor

Memory:32.00GB RAM (31.92 usable)

Driver Version:361.91

Did you try NVIDIA 355.60 ? The last convenient driver for laptop.

Yes that driver fixes the shadow glitch. But it doesn't fix the stutter :( I'm going nuts with this

Try v-sync? 

Or look at "frame_run_ahead" defaults in A3 config doc.

So I reinstalled Arma 3, started the game and the problem was gone!

BUT after exiting the game and relaunching the problem was still there? This is so strange...

Why did the problem only appear after the second time I launched the game!?

Are you sure for Steam? Arma is one thing, Steam has also some troubles. Reinstall and/or try dev branch for Steam.