wantafanta

roads not showing in buldozer

so after following the tutorial for creating roads on the PMC wiki, and the atlas arma 3 map making guide im almost at the point of giving up trying to get roads to show in buldozer. ive read posts of people saying they had that issue and that they fixed it but nobody has seemed to explain how they fixed it. ive got the script in the right folder, triple checked the path's in both my config and the script and still nothing.

For roads to show with BD the exported shape file must be called roads.shp

Post your editor.sqs and i'll compare to mine.

For roads to show with BD the exported shape file must be called roads.shp

Post your editor.sqs and i'll compare to mine.

Wrong comment - ignore

As i stated, its nothing about shapefiles, shapefiles i can see fine, im talking about normal road pieces like objects

Wrong thread mate, yours is Here

~0.1

diag_log "Before Loading Roads";

result = buldozer_LoadNewRoads "P:/cfb/cfb_gagetown/data/roads/";

diag_log "After Loading Roads";

ive also tried adding the roads.shp to the path, changing the ~0.1 to 1.

not too sure what else could be the issue. i see that buldozer says somthing about loading road networks on startup in the console.. but i dont see em.

I have my editor.sqs inside a folder called 'scripts' located in the root of my P drive

My path is the same as yours, inside data with a folder called roads, so that looks right

Mine is simply :

~.1
result = buldozer_LoadNewRoads "P:/PX1/spero/data/roads/";

Are you sure your road shape file is called roads ?

K5UeK3t.png

Do your roads show when you build the map?

Are you exporting the right layer to roads.shp?

Is your RoadsLib.cfg set up correct?

Strange bug...

i exported the right layer... but i did change the road texture to a different A3 one (in the roads_new folder) swapped out all the paths on the first entry left the rest alone.

gonna try packing it and will report back

edit: would appear its not working...

i exported the right layer... but i did change the road texture to a different A3 one (in the roads_new folder) swapped out all the paths on the first entry left the rest alone.

gonna try packing it and will report back

edit: would appear its not working...

Did you use pbo project? Did it give any errors?

Did you use pbo project? Did it give any errors?

yeah, and no errors.. packed just fine.

If the roads arnt showing in bulldozer they won't show in game, your editor.sqs looks fine can you send a copy of your RoadsLib.cfg

If the roads arnt showing in bulldozer they won't show in game, your editor.sqs looks fine can you send a copy of your RoadsLib.cfg

Thats not correct. 

class RoadTypesLibrary

{

class Road0001

{

width = 14;

mainStrTex      = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roadtarmac_highway_ca.paa";  // lowercase!

mainTerTex      = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roadtarmac_highway_end_ca.paa";

mainMat         = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roadtarmac_highway.rvmat";

map             = "main road";

AIpathOffset = 3;

};

class Road0002

{

width = 10;

mainStrTex      = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roadtarmac_main_road_ca.paa";  // lowercase!

mainTerTex      = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roadtarmac_main_road_end_ca.paa";

mainMat         = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roadtarmac_main_road.rvmat";

map             = "road";

AIpathOffset = 3;

};

class Road0003

{

width = 10;

mainStrTex      = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roaddirt_road_ca.paa";  // lowercase!

mainTerTex      = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roaddirt_road_end_ca.paa";

mainMat         = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roaddirt_road.rvmat";

map             = "track";

AIpathOffset = 3;

};    

class Road0004

{

width = 10;

mainStrTex      = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roadconcrete_city_road_ca.paa";  // lowercase!

mainTerTex      = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roadconcrete_city_road_end_ca.paa";

mainMat         = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roadconcrete_city_road.rvmat";

AIpathOffset = 3;

};

class Road0005

{

width = 7;

mainStrTex      = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roaddirt_path_ca.paa";  // lowercase!

mainTerTex      = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roaddirt_path_end_ca.paa";

mainMat         = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roaddirt_path.rvmat";

AIpathOffset = 2.5;    

};

class Road0006

{

width = 10;

mainStrTex      = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roaddirt_trans_ca.paa";  // lowercase!

mainTerTex      = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roaddirt_trans_end_ca.paa";

mainMat         = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roaddirt_trans.rvmat";

map             = "road";

AIpathOffset = 1.5;    

};    

};

i tried using the roadslib file from the atlas terrain guide, it would seem this crashes buldozer entirely now... starting to think its my shapefile or the tools install... whatever it is its been more than a few days with no progress...

if anyone can take the time to help me with teamviewer or something like that send me a PM, super bummed out i cant get this working since ive followed more than one guide on roads for arma 3 and it still doesnt work.. tried reinstalling my P drive even.. buldozer no longer crashes but it does not show the roads...

Same problem here. Worked for me fine but after reinstalling my computer the roads are not showing in Bulldozer. Any ideas?

I've tried this editor.sqs. Didn't work for me. :(

Same for me :\ The roads just don't show up

Got it. Ensure you have the editor.sqs in the "SCRIPTS" folder in your P: drive.

I just had that folder named "SCIPTS" :wacko: 

Sorry everyone for the loss of time

ok for those who are still wondering i forgot to update this post when i found out what was causing it (some wonderful people on the skype/discord channels helped me out)

i just fudged the lat and long of the map extents (i gave it the real values instead of the dummy values that is basically hard coded into the engine so my roads were showing up but way off the map.

Got it. Ensure you have the editor.sqs in the "SCRIPTS" folder in your P: drive.

I just had that folder named "SCIPTS" :wacko:

Sorry everyone for the loss of time

I did the same mistake. Took me 4 months to figure out.