Sign in to follow this  
LuckyArma

Latest Arma 3 update: Gains not worth the loss

The new arma 3 update has some cool things in it, like improved sounds, and some new objects in maps, and that's good.  

On the other hand, since the new update the sound comes and goes, it's fine one second then it's completely gone.  

Also, it seems that the helicopter crash model, for lack of a better description, hasn't gotten any better, in fact it's gotten worse.  

Example; while landing on a rood top my skid slightly touched the edge of the roof, as a result the engine died immediately, the helicopter rolled over and exploded before it hit the ground.  

Another example; while hovering over water in a slow taxi, one of my skids just barely dipped into the water, and immediately the pilot said "Uggg" as if he'd been shot, everything in the helicopter went into the red, then the heli dropped into the water and exploded.

Other than the before mentioned improvements the only good thing about the new update, they included a link so you can reinstall the previous update.  

*snip*

The helicopter's crash model has ALWAYS been wonky. How is it in any way caused or been affected by the recent update?

Prior to the 1.52 (or 1.54) patch sounds were appalling. However they have come a long way in recent updates and if they continue to improve in this fashion hopefully people will stop crying about them completely.

The sound is certainly still buggy, but BIS decided they'd rather release a semi-buggy Audio Overhaul then none at all. Because of this, in certain high intensity situations sound will bug out, but those glitches should be fixed quite soon.

Some will always find a reason to complain about. God help us all. :)

The helicopter's crash model has ALWAYS been wonky. How is it in any way caused or been affected by the recent update?

Prior to the 1.52 (or 1.54) patch sounds were appalling. However they have come a long way in recent updates and if they continue to improve in this fashion hopefully people will stop crying about them completely.

Before the update I could bounce off of things a little more, as in the example above if the skids hit the edge of the roof I was landing on the chopper would just bounce off, but with new update instead of bouncing off it kills the helicopter and it rolls over and explodes.  I don't think I can be any more clear about that.

The sound is certainly still buggy, but BIS decided they'd rather release a semi-buggy Audio Overhaul then none at all. Because of this, in certain high intensity situations sound will bug out, but those glitches should be fixed quite soon.

I've been hearing the same thing about Advanced Flight Model for a long time.  I hoped that this update would have fixed it, but it didn't.

Some will always find a reason to complain about. God help us all. :)

So you think everyone should be happy with a overly sensitive collision model and buggy sound?  God definitely help us.

Before the update I could bounce off of things a little more, as in the example above if the skids hit the edge of the roof I was landing on the chopper would just bounce off, but with new update instead of bouncing off it kills the helicopter and it rolls over and explodes.  I don't think I can be any more clear about that.

I understand what you're saying - clarity isn't the issue, but you're wrong. Its been shit since OFP in 2001.

I've been hearing the same thing about Advanced Flight Model for a long time.  I hoped that this update would have fixed it, but it didn't.

The sounds have been tweaked and altered far more recently than AFM, and ARE STILL undergoing constant changes on DevBranch. Hopefully by the time APEX rolls around they will be at a much more stable state.

So you think everyone should be happy with a overly sensitive collision model and buggy sound?  God definitely help us.

^ This is how you multi-quote rather than TRIPLE posting...

I'm still sticking with JSRS3 Dragonfyre, the new sounds are good, but not better than some of the community sound mods.

Scince when do the helicopters feel this heavy? Is it just me or did they also add Inertia to the helicopters. I find it way more difficult to fly the humming for example. The roll rate seems a lot lower compared to a few weeks ago.

I'm still sticking with JSRS3 Dragonfyre, the new sounds are good, but not better than some of the community sound mods.

As much as I liked some of the sound mods, the vanilla ones now are at the point where (to me anyways) adding a sound mod isn't worth the extra overhead. 

• Like 2