Sign in to follow this  
jabeds

Able to walk through faces with mass

After applying mass to a recent model, my player is still able to walk through most of the object. Mass has been applied to all components but when walking through the object there seems to be invisible walls in certain areas rather than the whole object having mass.

Applying mass isn't enough to get the geo lod working correctly. The geo lod must be made of convex simple shapes.

• Like 1

were you able to solve for characters clipping through objects? I'm trying to create a raised walkway/sidewalk, but there seems a lack of objects that are long and narrow and useful for such a purpose. my idea to use walls turned on their sides doesn't work as the character intersects and then gets stuck in a sort of swimming animation.

that is because walls don't have roadway lod 

• Like 1

I have a convex component with the geo LOD assigned and 9999999999999+ mass but still half of it you can just walk straight through. The places that you do collide with, my character seems to vibrate and the screen shakes.

Is there a problem with geometry and floors, as all of my walls work fine but the raised floor does not work.