Sign in to follow this  
zodd

Units not disembarking at synch'd "Get out" waypoint

Gday all,

I have encountered a rather strange issue; I have two vehicles with a section mounted as well as a fire team in each. The fire teams are both meant to disembark at "Get out" waypoints which is synch'd to their respective vehicle move waypoint. This worked with no issues (as expected and as it has done 100s of times) however in the last few hours it has started behaving strangely; the fire teams are becoming reluctant to get out!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vghjxzfrosjevl0/2016-02-26_00001.jpg

Sometimes both groups will get out, sometimes only one will get out and sometimes they will both remain in their vehicles. 

I have tried a range of different ways to get it to work then eventually gave up and decided to force them out via script. I added a move waypoint to the vehicles just prior to the move waypoint where the dismount is to occur and executed the following script on the respective fire team groups:

{
	unassignVehicle (_x);
	(_x) action ["EJECT", vehicle _x];
	sleep 0.4;
} foreach units _group;

Again; this works as it should initially (ie. Dismounts them at the point) however again, half the time one or both will decide they want to remount.

I then deleted the "Get out" waypoint so the fire team's current waypoints were 400m away from the dismount location ("Move") however again, sometimes they will move and sometimes they will chase after the vehicle and remount.

The only thing I can think of is the larger amount of groups than normal (21) however I have run these sizes before and had no issues (And wasnt an issue with this one until an hour or so ago). I am also only running one script (that isnt even called at the stage the fire teams are meant to dismount). 

Very interested to hear of any ideas as to why this (inconsistent) behaviour might be occurring. I am using the 3DEN editor however I do not expect that to be the cause of the issues.