DSabre

Sab Aircraft Lib

Hey, we're experiencing a major bug I'd like to report to you. Since the most recent Arma3 update, which debuted Tac-Ops, all aircraft that utilize SABS Aircraft Lib are currently non-functional, as they are incredibly "bumpy" on the ground. Taxi at 10% throttle = death.

Specifically we've tested this on the C-130's, but it seems to be happening on all the other aircraft as well.

Yes. It's a pity. Updating aircraft to physX standard is too time consuming and won't happen.

I will experiment with reverting to the old airplane simulation. That could buy us some time till it is eventually deactivated too.

Hi Sabre,

last I heard the old sim models (car, tank, airplane) are completely unmaintained in a3 and may cause CTD. Yesterday I added the wheels class to the Su-35 and it works again now. I think following Firewill's post here 

is the best path forward. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

I managed to set that up on my Su-34 port. It took me several days and was the definition of modding nightmare.

If I had 3 or 4 planes, maybe. Here we are talking about more than 60 aircraft.  All my seaplanes have to use the old simulator and do not work with airplaneX.

It would be several weeks and months for me, not being able to do something new. And then what will happen next update?

Probably a good time to get out of this vicious circle. I am going to discontinue these mods.

(update: luckily I found a way to weaken the effects by making the geo lod wheels tiny and putting landcontact far below the actual wheel)

6 minutes ago, DSabre said:

I managed to set that up on my Su-34 port. It took me several days and was the definition of modding nightmare.

If I had 3 or 4 planes, maybe. Here we are talking about more than 60 aircraft.  All my seaplanes have to use the old simulator and do not work with airplaneX.

It would be several weeks and months for me, not being able to do something new. And then what will happen next update?

Probably a good time to get out of this vicious circle. I am going to discontinue these mods.

I know that the Unsung team hard a hard time updating all their vehicles to the PhysX standard.

Maybe they (Eggbeast?) can help you find a more efficient way?

Because I agree that updating 60 vehicles at a few days each is an incredible hill to climb :down:

20 minutes ago, DSabre said:

I can fully understand that. See below.

11 minutes ago, domokun said:

I know that the Unsung team hard a hard time updating all their vehicles to the PhysX standard.

Maybe they (Eggbeast?) can help you find a more efficient way?

Because I agree that updating 60 vehicles at a few days each is an incredible hill to climb :down:

I did the basic conversion for the dozen or so Unsung aircraft for the physX wheel suspension. It's an endless grind of defining mem points, adjusting geo, dancing with a dozen or so suspension values. And in the end you don't create something fascinating, but something that merely works ok - if it works at all. Luckily Eggbeast had the resolve to finish most of the physx stuff in Unsung, as I have to say I got tired of it completely. But still some planes don't taxi, the Jeep starts bouncing beyond 50 km/h after the physx libs were updated (I assume). I agree with Sabre that it is a modding nightmare.

• Sad 2