JuggernautOfWar

Heavy lift logistics helicopters sling loading limits.

Are Hunters and Ifrits the heaviest vehicles heavy lift helicopters like the Chinook can Skycrane can transport? It would be nice if they could sling load transport and logistics trucks like the HEMTT. Not sure about the real world weights, but I know these helicopters can in real life transport Sheridan light tanks and other fairly heavy vehicles. I know a huge MBT is unreasonable, but being limited to Hunters and other light cars seems rather lightweight to me.

Your (our) perception gets a little bit skewed, because MRAPS are the 'jeeps' of Arma, because real 'jeeps' like Humvees and other unprotected general purpose vehicles are not in the game. That's why it feels like the choppers cannot lift many vehicles, because these are missing (other example: artillery piece). The next update will bring a new class of light vehicles though (dune buggy types?) and don't forget you can lift boats and cargo nets as well.

Are Hunters and Ifrits the heaviest vehicles heavy lift helicopters like the Chinook can Skycrane can transport? It would be nice if they could sling load transport and logistics trucks like the HEMTT. Not sure about the real world weights, but I know these helicopters can in real life transport Sheridan light tanks and other fairly heavy vehicles. I know a huge MBT is unreasonable, but being limited to Hunters and other light cars seems rather lightweight to me.

What joostsidy said: the Hunters/Ifrits/Striders are not light cars, they only seem that way for want of lighter 4x4s -- though the Apex DLC's "light strike vehicles" should at least partially fill this gap; a mid-2014 US Army demonstration for the then-Ultra Light Combat Vehicle program (now Ground Mobility Vehicle, separate from USSOCOM's identically-named vehicles) specified a maximum curb weight of 4,500 lb, or 2,041 kg; if the in-game LSVs come in even lower at just under 2,000 kg they could theoretically be carried by any sling-load-capable helicopter except the Hummingbird.

As an observation based on testing, it appears that this list is still broadly valid, with the exception being that the HEMTT and Zamak Transports (covered and uncovered) can be sling-loaded, not the regular HEMTT; they all exceed the Huron's 10,000 kg threshold but come in under the Taru's 12,000 kg threshold. (Curiously enough, the Tempest transports seem to come in over the Taru's threshold, so none of the military factions can airlift their own transport trucks.)