sany1984

Arma Extension and other Compilers

Hello Guys from Bohemia,

I'am a C++ Developer in Borland C++, and i use this daily for programming.

Now i have a Problem, with your implementation for the RVExtension, the RVExtension is Mangled to _RVExtension@12, and this Name comes only from VC++, and this is bad.

Give it a Chance to fix the flawless of the Arma3server, to unmangle the RVExtension DLL Name to _RVExtension or only to RVExtension?

This makes it very easy for other Compilers, and Developers there want to Develop new Arma3 Extensions.

Thats a Big Wish from me, when you can change this in the next Fixes...

or what is your statement for unmangle the RVExtension names for other compilers like Borland C++ etc.. ?

Thanks and regards,

Sany.

Hello Guys from Bohemia,

I'am a C++ Developer in Borland C++, and i use this daily for programming.

Now i have a Problem, with your implementation for the RVExtension, the RVExtension is Mangled to _RVExtension@12, and this Name comes only from VC++, and this is bad.

Give it a Chance to fix the flawless of the Arma3server, to unmangle the RVExtension DLL Name to _RVExtension or only to RVExtension?

This makes it very easy for other Compilers, and Developers there want to Develop new Arma3 Extensions.

Thats a Big Wish from me, when you can change this in the next Fixes...

or what is your statement for unmangle the RVExtension names for other compilers like Borland C++ etc.. ?

Thanks and regards,

Sany.

Are you sure you know what you want?

The @12 is a "standard" (commonly used on Windows) C symbol decorator, nr. of bytes used as arguments (3*4=12). Even the GNU GCC uses it when building code for Windows (mingw). The same thing is AFAIK used by Borland. For C++, this would be much bigger (compiler-specific) mess due to fuctions with the same name, namespaces, etc., which is why you use the extern "C" thing.

If you're 100% sure Boland C++ doesn't add the decorator, there will probably be a #pragma for it to rename the symbol manually.

See https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Extensions .

Unfortunately not for everyone (no Linux support as far as I can tell). Nice experiment, though.