Sign in to follow this  
mamasan8

Eden editor and Syncing units etc

It would be nice if it was explained somewhere how to SYNC in the new editor, now that theres no shortcut anymore.

I had to watch some old youtube beta video of Eden to realize you sync via right-clicks.

I also would like to know what the different options do. Sometimes theres 3 options.

Changes to how we interact with the game should be clearly written out in some specific place, like a forum thread STICKY.

"New patch out, heres whats changed for you"

Maybe even write an article that explains the stuff.

It would be nice if it was explained somewhere

Yeah, if only BI had made some kind of interactive tutorial and hid it under a graduation cap icon in the upper right corner of the Editor's screen... :D

• Like 2

I don't know how long that tutorial is, what it covers, nothing. That is not mentioned anywhere either. I go for bare minimum knowledge to get where I want, not interested in an hour of stuff I don't care about or whatever.

I don't know how long that tutorial is, what it covers, nothing. That is not mentioned anywhere either. I go for bare minimum knowledge to get where I want, not interested in an hour of stuff I don't care about or whatever.

And I thought that I already saw the limits of human laziness and desire for useless complaining. <_<

Well, if you're not interested in receiving an answer to your question then please don't waste other people's time.

• Like 2

The options are just better defined now.

You can group units together. Sync units to a trigger, etc. just like always with the group and sync commands in the right click menu.

But they also expanded it so waypoints now are connected via the set waypoint activation command in the same right click menu vs. sync. Same for giving a trigger an owner. Instead of using group to connect a unit to a trigger so it owns it, you use the set trigger owner command from the same menu.

Once you get the hang of it, it's better because things are more clearly defined.