Theo1143

Changing into a bird upon relog?

I never had my HC spawning as a seagull.

I was also unable to reproduce it :)

But you never had your HC working since update....

But you never had your HC working since update....

Then how did it still spawn units and send updates to the monitor script?

My HC worked like a charm.

Running stable with ~150 AI.

JIP is working as of intended after the last hot fix!  :D

50 relogs further and no single seagull spawned.  ^_^

(requesting topic lock pls) 

• Like 1

JIP is working as of intended after the last hot fix!  :D

50 relogs further and no single seagull spawned.  ^_^

(requesting topic lock pls) 

This problem for some reason is persistent on the server that my group plays on. The mission maker tried playing the mission on another server and said that everything worked fine. When we played the mission on our server people we're spawning as birds quite a lot.

The server I play on also still has this bug, I know a few other teams who's servers are also still having this bug. Do the servers have to switch over to development version to fix this? If so thats a problem for my group as we use a virtual server and the server host cannot upgrade our server to dev build without upgrading all servers ran off of their system to dev build. Which they have said they will not do.

We are also having this issue. We thought it is a problem with our scripting, but I'm starting to think it's a 100% engine issue. Persistent mission, "base" respawn.

Anyone still having this issue? It is bound to specific slots, sometimes aborting to lobby and taking slot again solves it.

We are still having this issue for every user made mission.

Having this issue as well.

With respawnOnStart = 0;

On loading the mission an error in the onPlayerRespawn.sqf is shown referencing the local variable assigned to  _this select 0. The error states that _this select 0 doesn't exist.

Tried with respawnOnStart = -1.  No error but same result; seagull.

I've tried using only Eden editor multiplayer settings, only description.ext settings and a couple of combinations of the two.

According to some of our players, it is still happening :(

According to some of our players, it is still happening :(

Hello gippo,

thanks for the feedback. Any more info about that? Does it happen randomly or if some conditions are met? Anything that might lead to a 100% repro will be appreciated.

Hello gippo,

thanks for the feedback. Any more info about that? Does it happen randomly or if some conditions are met? Anything that might lead to a 100% repro will be appreciated.

Unfortunately we couldn't reproduce it, so I would say randomly. Sometimes the slots are getting fixed, sometimes it stays. Any idea where to look for more information / reproduction method?

Tried several things, including force closing the game and closing the game when I'm respawning and some other trial and error fixes script-wise (assumed it's a scripting problem), but non of them reproduced it.

What can be done is to create a unit and use selectPlayer, but as far as I remember, the respawn didn't work with that. 

The respawn type is base and respawnOnStart is disabled.

Well I am having the same issue now. I made a mission on 2d editor ran just fine (Arma 3 Life) then I converted it over to 3d editor to make it easier to do things all I did was move a shop to a another location. I put the mission.sqm into our pbo and from then on everyone spawns as seaguls we go back to our old one no problems. This is after the latest patch where it suppose to be fixed :/ 

ok guys.... some players reported me that this happens when you arent assigned to a team/side in lobby when the timeout reaches 0 and starts the round.... then you spawn in as bird...

joinUnassigned = 0;

in description.ext does only one thing...auto assign you when you join the server (into the loby)

but not when you unassign yourself after that and the round starts... then you are unassigned...

ok guys.... some players reported me that this happens when you arent assigned to a team/side in lobby when the timeout reaches 0 and starts the round.... then you spawn in as bird...

joinUnassigned = 0;

in description.ext does only one thing...auto assign you when you join the server (into the loby)

but not when you unassign yourself after that and the round starts... then you are unassigned...

So what happens if you abort/reconnect? Is this issue actually ruining those slots? 

I haven't managed to test it :(

no should work again after relog

but we finally need a solution which prevents this at all...

• Like 1

Any news on this? Anyone got a solution? Or some info what could possible cause it? I know hitting the group limit is one possible cause.