Igitur

Old walk animations (hands on rifle)

If, like me, you're not fan of the new walk animations, here is a workaround. I'm basically using the old v1 anims, mixed with the old v2 when moving ahead (both hands on rifle). Speed of both main walk anims (weapon raised and weapon lowered) have been adjusted to fit together.

This addon is signed but not tested in MP.

Old walk anims (hands on rifle)

Steam workshop

• Like 1

Hey Igitur..  this may be a strange question but do you know of any mod that brings back the "hand not on rifle" walk and jog. I know most people hated it, but for me it was a really good indication of when I was "jogging" and not suffering increased stamina penalty, where-as now it's more difficult to know when I am jogging in "combat pace" versus "non-combat pace"?

You may not know the answer, but this thread seems to be the only one I could find where someone mentions a mod that rolls back to previous animations.

thanks for any answer!

btw thanks for previous modding work!.. keep it up!

*update*

nevermind.. I just adjusted the config a bit and ditched "_ver2" and I'm back to pimp walking and pimp jogging. Thanks for the assist  :)

• Like 1

On 2016-03-07 at 3:13 AM, pushbak said:

Hey Igitur..  this may be a strange question but do you know of any mod that brings back the "hand not on rifle" walk and jog. I know most people hated it, but for me it was a really good indication of when I was "jogging" and not suffering increased stamina penalty, where-as now it's more difficult to know when I am jogging in "combat pace" versus "non-combat pace"?

You may not know the answer, but this thread seems to be the only one I could find where someone mentions a mod that rolls back to previous animations.

thanks for any answer!

btw thanks for previous modding work!.. keep it up!

*update*

nevermind.. I just adjusted the config a bit and ditched "_ver2" and I'm back to pimp walking and pimp jogging. Thanks for the assist  :)

Could you make video or just explain how you did it? That would be nice

• Like 1

I also created the addon that reverts to the old walk. I thought I was the only one who preferred the old walk.  :-)

@knight: you have to know how to create an addon, but as far as addons go, this is the most simple one.

A very short explanation to get started:

- this type of addon is called a 'config replacement'.

- you need to install the arma3 'p-drive' and 'mikero's' pbo-tools

- With the p-drive installed you can open the config.cpp of the relevant class. I forgot where it was exactly, something like soldier movement. It's pretty straightforward, obviously these animations are not in a folder called 'rifles' or 'vehicles'

- search for '_ver2' and remove them

- pbo the shit and put them in an addon folder

You created an addon!

I guess you can download the OP's version if you just want the coolwalk. If you want to learn a bit of simple modding, google / youtube / try the stuff that I wrote about and you'll learn quickly.

• Like 1

Oh wait, the OP's mod is not about the coolwalk (hand off rifle).

If people are interested I might upload my little mod to steam or armaholic.

EDIT

@OP: apologies for hijacking your thread a little :-(

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Knight_Delta said:

Ok thanks I'll see what I can do if I run in to issues can you help me

Sure!

• Like 1

by the way could you make a video it would be easier but if you can't I'll try to find a way. But if you do that would be awesome.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, joostsidy said:

Oh wait, the OP's mod is not about the coolwalk (hand off rifle).

If people are interested I might upload my little mod to steam or armaholic.

EDIT

@OP: apologies for hijacking your thread a little :-(

Im interested in the hands off rifle animation if you could please upload it somewhere I would surely appreciated it.

Cheers

9 hours ago, Knight_Delta said:

by the way could you make a video it would be easier but if you can't I'll try to find a way. But if you do that would be awesome.

5 hours ago, Riksen said:

Im interested in the hands off rifle animation if you could please upload it somewhere I would surely appreciated it.

Cheers

I'm not making a video, but I'm willing to answer questions if you have made some progress yourself but get stuck.

I will look into posting the addon online later this week. I will create a separate post for it in the addons section.

• Like 1

joostsidy i downloaded arma 3 tools and then download p-drive and now i have 3rd drive with arma stuff and i searched soldier movement but nothing showed up do you know the exact name for the thing?

by the way if posible can i add you so it makes it easier for me to get help?

17 hours ago, Knight_Delta said:

joostsidy i downloaded arma 3 tools and then download p-drive and now i have 3rd drive with arma stuff and i searched soldier movement but nothing showed up do you know the exact name for the thing?

by the way if posible can i add you so it makes it easier for me to get help?

I PM'ed you with some addon modding tips.

I'm going to upload the 'coolwalk' addon this weekend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joostsidy said:

I PM'ed you with some addon modding tips.

I'm going to upload the 'coolwalk' addon this weekend.

joostsidy life saver

• Like 1

Knight_Delta make the old walking/jogging animations? I would do it my self but, I have not the first clue how to even after reading the above posts

5 hours ago, bwalla989 said:

Knight_Delta make the old walking/jogging animations? I would do it my self but, I have not the first clue how to even after reading the above posts

I published the addon on Steam