barbolani

EDEN destroying Headless Client setup

Hello,

After several tests in Antistasi, on having serious trouble to make the HC platform to work with no success, I asked some friend which had a HC running perfectly with Liberation mission to unPBO it, open in EDEN, export it to MP and test.

Result was Liberation was without HC offloading too.

Sypthoms:

HC appears on the lobby and it's ok on mission init (no sandclock on briefing notes)

No offloading to HC.

hint format ["%1", owner HC1] or whatever method returns allways 2.

This is a test mission on which I placed a diag_log on the first initPlayerLocal.sqf line to check if that gets executed or .rpt shows something:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/05foehqcsg3m7j8/%5BSP-CO08%5DA3-Antistasi.Altis.TEST.rar?dl=0

.rpt shows nothing.

Please, seems a major issue.

Thanks in advance.

Virtual entities are currently bugged. I would assume that this includes your current headless client setup. The Bohemia devs have stated that they're working on it and a fix should be out soon.

I can confirm the issue with our Altis Life server! Our headlessclient outpus the following message:

creating seagull (no person)

I hope this issue gets fixed soon

Virtual entities are currently bugged. I would assume that this includes your current headless client setup. The Bohemia devs have stated that they're working on it and a fix should be out soon.

Would you mind posting a link to the thread where the devs stated this? I'm a mission maker for a large clan and I'd like to keep an eye on this.

Importing a scenario into the 3D Editor results in AI not being transferred to headless clients. The headless clients are connecting fine, just not doing anything.

@devs please let me know if you need further information

AIs can't be transferred if the owner of the HC is 2. This is always the server which means your transferring the unit from the server back to the server. 

Is BIS looking into this issue? Has someone tested this on Dev Branch? Again, would be nice if this was resolved in the upcoming hotfix  :)

hotfix was just released , please tell us if it helped

I can confirm, that the hotfix solve the problem.

I tested it with MCC, ALive, and other Scripts. The HC starts and AI run without a problem on it.

Thank you for the fast patch, you are the best.

• Like 1

Yes, thank all you guys for all the hard work. I know this issue was just one of many you guys were dealing with lately.

Fix doesn't work for me, it seems.

What happens is: I launch server+HC+client. I use DAC and Alive. DAC to spawn most mobs. I have a pretty number of editor placed units as well.

Anyway, I type in #monitor 2. Within 5 minutes both outbound and inbound data goes crazy, 3-4000kbps (from roughly 400kbps on both) , server is running at 0 fps and monitor updates every 1-2 real minutes. Basicly, server slows down to a crawl, doesn't crash but even client freezes occasionally, nothing happening on screen, can't move. Game just freezes, no crashes on anything, client, server, HC. Choppers come to a stand still in the air, nothing moves. 1 AI soldier in my group was firing but I'm not sure it wasn't looped.

This can happen before DAC has finished initializing and spawning initial mobs. I only tested twice. First time DAC didn't have a chance initing, second time it finished and shortly after Slowdown.

Does not seem to be working for me either using DAC and Werthless HC transfer script.  All units remain local to the dedi.

Update: I tried my mission with just Server+Client. Worked as expected. So theres something happening when I add HC.

It seems like the server and/or HC start buffering packets and then release them all in a short amount of time. That's what it seems like for me looking at it from the outside.

I am also having trouble with Headless client and DAC. I can't tell if it is from eden/hc side or from dac.

I have DAC, Alive and Werthles now.

HCs function as they should. I get load balancing on 2 HCs (thanks to Werthles). Server has no local AI usually (except mission start obviously). But performance seems to be worse with 2 HCs than with just one. Overhead maybe?

I'm using arma3server monitor to check on server + HCs. Occasionally one or the other HC stops reporting to servermonitor. HC doesn't crash or anything. Logging stats pick up again after 10+ seconds. It's like HC gets swamped. Which is weird cause both HCs have the same amount of AIs but only 1 stops reporting.

All running on one machine, 16 gigs of RAM. Running client + 2 HC + server I end up with 12+ gigs of RAM used. If anyone is curious to try.

I have DAC, Alive and Werthles now.

HCs function as they should. I get load balancing on 2 HCs (thanks to Werthles). Server has no local AI usually (except mission start obviously). But performance seems to be worse with 2 HCs than with just one. Overhead maybe?

I'm using arma3server monitor to check on server + HCs. Occasionally one or the other HC stops reporting to servermonitor. HC doesn't crash or anything. Logging stats pick up again after 10+ seconds. It's like HC gets swamped. Which is weird cause both HCs have the same amount of AIs but only 1 stops reporting.

All running on one machine, 16 gigs of RAM. Running client + 2 HC + server I end up with 12+ gigs of RAM used. If anyone is curious to try.

When you use DAC and werthless, do you notice a strange behavior with the units waypoints/movement? When I manualy place units or spawn then with DAC and Werth starts transfering them to HC, they all move Southwest and stop there. So any random waypoint movements or patrols that DAC creates are over ridden.

I have more indepth info in a forum post here. https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/184485-werthles-headless-module/?p=2999051