R0adki11

[WIP] Mig-21 PFM (Fishbed-F)

Hi all,

This has been covered elsewhere, as i have been developing this for my Nogovan Armed Forces Mod. However i have decided i will also create an version which will only be dependent on CUP

Test 

Current planned textures are:

• AAF
  • FIA
  • Nogovan Armed Forces
  • Everon Defence Forces
  • Malden Defence Forces
  • CUP Factions (UN, Soviet, Russian, SLA, NAPA, CHZ, PRACS, Soviet etc)
  • Icebreakr islands factions

Anyway here's a picture:

arma3-2016-02-16-00-41-57-206.jpg

• Like 21

Nice the mig21. However, why CUP dependancy? No way to be standalone?

This a port of an Arma2 addon and is was dependent on alot of content from the standard Arma2 game itself. So it makes perfect sense to require CUP as i only need to to re-point/reconfigure elements to the appropriate CUP files. Otherwise all of those associated files would have to incorporated into the addon.

As much as i would like to make it standalone, i don't have the time to do that myself (i mod as a hobby).

My Nogovan Armed Forces mod will require CUP in the long term and this venture is merely a fork of that project which will give some more diverse content to the community. As i can appreciate not everyone would like to download my whole Nogovan Armed Forces Mod just to use a Mig21.

• Like 1

Finally a good old mig-21 to use in minor opfor factions! Thank you Roadkill ;)

Is it the bis version or an older one?

Finally a good old mig-21 to use in minor opfor factions! Thank you Roadkill ;)

Is it the bis version or an older one?

Its a MiG-21MF, though i have plans to make an MiG-21 LanceR :)

• Like 2

More Russian aircraft :dancehead:  Its a christmas miracle 

Camo list looks great too, suits the AAF for some reason, a cheap effective jet to protect a small land mass 

• Like 2

This will be fun to fly. Thanks for making it possible.

• Like 1

I can talk to you about the different versions of the Mig-21 as I did a lot of research for them in Unsung.  The different versions have slightly different visuals and are mostly different internally (avionics and radar packages).  I need to find my notes :)

Here's what I can contribute.  For the Unsung models, I tweaked the model to make the dorsal area different for the three models, and changed the forward probe.

Mig-21 P (Fishbed-C)

====================

- fuselage NR30 cannon with 30 rounds

Visual

- large front probe (2m) extending forward from bottom middle

- Dorsal bulge is smaller size (cockpit raises above)

Mig-21 PF (Fishbed-D)

===================

- no internal cannon

- Increased fuel capacity

Visual

- smaller front probe extending forward from RH side top

- Larger dorsal bulge behind cockpit

Mig-21 PFM (Fishbed-F)   >>> The one in the screenshot!  :)

=======================

- avionics package with largest scan range

Visual

- smaller front probe extending forward from RH side top, same as -PF

- Largest dorsal bulge behind cockpit (flush with glass)

• Like 3

Yay! The Fishbed will look good on Icebreakr´s Isla Duala Military airports (and as demo targets for mission makers lol)... and of course on NAF  mod =D

cheers!

Here's what I can contribute.  For the Unsung models, I tweaked the model to make the dorsal area different for the three models, and changed the forward probe.

Mig-21 P (Fishbed-C)

====================

- fuselage NR30 cannon with 30 rounds

Visual

- large front probe (2m) extending forward from bottom middle

- Dorsal bulge is smaller size (cockpit raises above)

Mig-21 PF (Fishbed-D)

===================

- no internal cannon

- Increased fuel capacity

Visual

- smaller front probe extending forward from RH side top

- Larger dorsal bulge behind cockpit

Mig-21 PFM (Fishbed-F)   >>> The one in the screenshot!  :)

=======================

- avionics package with largest scan range

Visual

- smaller front probe extending forward from RH side top, same as -PF

- Largest dorsal bulge behind cockpit (flush with glass)

Thanks for the information, much appreciated :) 

No problem :)  You can look at them in the Unsung 2.6 mod if you are so inclined.

Small Update, weapon systems are largely working correctly now - just need to fix some cannon effects and proxies for different munitions to appear. 

Currently looking at the following load-outs:

• Cannon + AA Missiles
  • Cannon + Bombs, Rockets
  • Cannon + Bombs

Release will be Soonâ„¢ ;)

• Like 3

Looks great, are Taki skins planned?

Ive added it to the list :)

Hey RK i have plans to release the frl missilebox in a month or so, it has fab100,250,500,500sh,ofab500,sab100,500,rbk250,500,500spbed,kab250,500L, 500SE

Also all russian agm missiles and aa missiles, plus some gunpods and fuel tanks. Oh and every cannon that a soviet plane or heli has ever used.

If you need any help with loadout configs or proxies give me a holler.

I will soon be upgrading the nightintruder mig21 for unsung with pooks additions.

• Like 1

Hey RK i have plans to release the frl missilebox in a month or so, it has fab100,250,500,500sh,ofab500,sab100,500,rbk250,500,500spbed,kab250,500L, 500SE

Also all russian agm missiles and aa missiles, plus some gunpods and fuel tanks. Oh and every cannon that a soviet plane or heli has ever used.

If you need any help with loadout configs or proxies give me a holler.

I will soon be upgrading the nightintruder mig21 for unsung with pooks additions.

That sounds great and would be very useful. As of late i haven't found the time to develop this addon, hopefully over this Easter weekend i will have some time to revisit it.

Some further progress have been made, finally managed to get the afterburner working. Just the rocket pod proxy to sort and we will be getting closer to a release :)

• Like 3

could i suggest making all of the proxies the same object?  we add rocket pods as separate magazines, so they can be removed and replaced say by 2x AA missiles, fuel tanks or bombs etc

that's unless you're planning to add all of the separate individual rockets - a nice touch, but it should be added after the other proxies are completed.  then if you have no rockets onboard you can just add a 32 or 64 round empty pylonblanker.

this is the kind of loadouts possible with my rearm module, and the frl_missilebox (coming soon)

mig21_zpsf2lsh1qp.jpg

so i would have a hide-able outer shoulder AA pylon, that can animate on or off depending on its use.

and proxies would be

primaries                         1-3---5---4-2

then for AA outer shoulder

6-------------7

then rockets if you want individual rockets

8-39

could i suggest making all of the proxies the same object?  we add rocket pods as separate magazines, so they can be removed and replaced say by 2x AA missiles, fuel tanks or bombs etc

that's unless you're planning to add all of the separate individual rockets - a nice touch, but it should be added after the other proxies are completed.  then if you have no rockets onboard you can just add a 32 or 64 round empty pylonblanker.

this is the kind of loadouts possible with my rearm module, and the frl_missilebox (coming soon)

so i would have a hide-able outer shoulder AA pylon, that can animate on or off depending on its use.

and proxies would be

primaries                         1-3---5---4-2

then for AA outer shoulder

6-------------7

then rockets if you want individual rockets

8-39

Thanks for the information, im not sure if i follow what you mean by "could i suggest making all of the proxies the same object?". At present i have two variants of the Mig21 one without rocket pods part of the model, and one with. Then on each model i have 6 weapon proxies for different types of munitions. Which means at present i have:

Mig21 - with cannon, AA8_Launcher with 6 missiles and flares

Mig21 with cannon, 2 Fab250, AA8_Launcher with 2 missles, rocket pods and flares

Mig21 with cannon, 4 Fab250 and flares

Rk, you could have them all in one model and add the rockets pods as a dummy proxy magazine. Eggbeast taught me how to.

1. You have to define an extra ammunition with the pod as p3d.

2. make a dummy magazine with the pod as ammo.

in the planes loadout, add this magazine. it is a dummy just for visuals so no need for a weapon.

I was wondering about the single rockets as i have a lot of planes using them, thx egg, that is some helpful advice.

some examples:

my alpha jet plane config:

weapons[] = {"sab_27mmgun_weapon","sab_7xrocketdouble_weapon","CMFlareLauncher"};
magazines[] = {"sab_300rnd_27mm_mag","sab_70mm_14rnd_rocket_mag","60Rnd_CMFlare_Chaff_Magazine"};

class Turrets : Turrets {
            class MainTurret : MainTurret
            {
                weapons[] = {"sab_agm65_weapon"};
                magazines[] = {"sab_2rnd_agm65_mag","sab_7_rocket_1proxy_mag","sab_7_rocket_1proxy_mag"};    
            };
        };  

turret being the WO/Copilot. I added the proxy mag there, might work by adding it to the pilot too, no idea.

those weapons are defined in my aircraft library, feel free to de-pbo and take apart. Or I can send you the source.

nvm, here is some copy /paste of it:

this is the aircraft libs ammo/mag/weapon defintions:

class CfgNonAIVehicles {
      class ProxyWeapon;    // External class reference
       class Proxy70mmrocketpad7 : ProxyWeapon {
       model = "sab_aircraftlib\weapons2\70mmrocketpad7";
       simulation = "maverickweapon";
    };
  };

I am not 100% sure if this cfgnonaivehicles is important or not : )

class cfgAmmo {

class M_Zephyr;

class sab_r7_proxy_ammo : M_Zephyr {
        proxyShape = "sab_aircraftlib\weapons2\70mmrocketpad7.p3d";
        model = "sab_aircraftlib\weapons2\70mmrocketpad7.p3d";
 }

class cfgMagazines {

class VehicleMagazine;

class sab_7_rocket_1proxy_mag : VehicleMagazine {
        // dummy to fill up proxy position with S8 launcher
        scope = public;
        displayName = "Dummy";
        displayNameShort = "Dummy";
        count = 1;
        ammo = "sab_r7_proxy_ammo";
        initSpeed = 0;
        maxLeadSpeed = 0;
        nameSound = "missiles";
    };
   };

yeah the days of fixing rocketpods and fuel tanks and racks to the planes permanently and making separate whole plane models carrying them is well and truly over.

I can show you how to do it - if you send me your model and config i can even do it for you in about 20 mins and explain how it all works.

this simple example for the harrier shows how you make sidewinder or bomb proxies - so long as they are al lthe SAME MODEL in the proxy - indexed from 1 to N where N is your highest proxy value - in this case 21.  So you add 21 sidewinder proxies. 

av8proxy_zps7986616b.jpg

then if you wanted to add various loadouts they work like this

class FRL_AV8B_CAS:  FRL_AV8B_Base
	{
		scope = 2;
		displayName = "AV-8B Harrier II (CAS)";
		weapons[] = {"EB_GAU12","EB_CRV7_HEPD_Launcher","EB_CBU100_Launcher","EB_Mk77_Launcher","CMFlareLauncher"};
		magazines[] = {
		"EB_300Rnd_25mm_GAU12_API","EB_76Rnd_CRV7_HEPD",
//outer 2
		"EB_2Rnd_CBU100",
//mid 2
		"EB_bombrackx2x4",
//inner 2
//body 1
		"EB_1Rnd_pylonblank",
//mid rack x2
		"EB_LAU5003_70mmx19podx4", //rocket pod magazine uses your rocket pod model as a proxymodel value
//inner rack x2
		"EB_4Rnd_Mk77",
//inner rack x3 16-21
		"EB_6Rnd_pylonblank", //blank off the unused 3x rack proxies - magazines use an empty proxymodel
//invisible		
		"120Rnd_CMFlare_Chaff_Magazine"};
	};

proxies only work on the mainturret sabre, so no adding them to pilot - it's a pita if you want to add sidewinders to a cobra pilots wingtip, with him in control of them.

I forgot that but accidently did it the right way then at least .)

The Mig here is a 1 seater right? So that will be easier then for Rk.

And thx a lot for the example above. Very helpful for me too as I was actually wondering in what order to do the numbers for my Alpha Jet to make it compatible for the future.

In this example, the 38 proxies for the rockets would be proxy 22-59 then right?

yeah - though if you have mutiple ptlons that can take rockets, or even, god-help-you TWIN RACKS of rocketpods, then you're in a crappy world of adding tons and tons of proxies for each pod (pylon 1,2,3,4 and twin racks 1,2,3,4 = say 8x16 pr 32 rocket proxies) - personally i don't think i will ever adopt that

Nice to see that one returning. There's so much A2 content we lost with A3 :( for example A-4 Skyhawks, ZSU-57-2 etc.

• Like 1