barbolani

Headless Client doesen't want to init

Hello friends,

I am struggling with this: I have a basic HC support on Antistasi and I had some reports on having lost the HC feature since a patch I launched in the same time Arma was patched.

I cannot test it because I'm useless with HC setup and the only thing I can achieve is to see it in the lobby, but it keeps all the time with a sand clock icon in the briefing, so I have to trust and check with that user's .rpt

For him there is no wrong init, sand clock does not appear, but we could check there is no load on the HC and hint format ["%1",owner HC1] returns 2, so, server....

I reverted my patch, nothing...

I debugged it with some diag_log in initPlayerLocal.sqf and is not even executing the first line. HC's .rpt shows just.... nothing.

May be an Eden issue???? I reviewed the patch notes, but I didn't see nothing changed regarding HC.

Before Eden everything was working well.

Maybe you guys have the same experience, or maybe you can point me on the right direction.

Here is a dropbox of the test version with the debug messages in initPlayerLocal.sqf. HC variables assignment is done in initServer.sqf with a standard method.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/05foehqcsg3m7j8/%5BSP-CO08%5DA3-Antistasi.Altis.TEST.rar?dl=0

Thanks in advance,

Eden broke a lot of shit. Your problem is one of many. The feed back tracker is closed because of a "security breach". I think it's just been overloaded with tickets.

I can't be too helpful with this thread atm, but my group's HC works fine, even converting from old 2D to Eden.

I can't be too helpful with this thread atm, but my group's HC works fine, even converting from old 2D to Eden.

What are you using to offload ai onto the HC? A script?

Mate with all respect, to drop a mission with tons of scripts in the mission root... Perhaps you could give some pointers on how the HC's init and how the HC's manage AI's?

...and hint format ["%1",owner HC1] returns 2, so, server....

Maybe I m wrong but I think 1 is server and 2 is the first connected client. I read that in a tutorial, I will post the link if i know where it was.