Deathstrike.

EDEN 3D - JIP INIT NOT FIRING

Mods Used: None.

Version: 1.56 Stable.

Issue: As per title, any items entered into a JIP players Init field will not be fired when the JIP enters the game. Creating issues with gear scripts and other items run on players.

Reproduction:

New 3D Editor Scenario

Place two units down playable in the 3D, enter into the first unit a simple [ hint "Test One"; ] and into the second do [ hint "Test Two"; ].

Save unbinerised. Export to Multiplayer.

Test in a dedicated server, have one player join. Load the mission and then load into game as the first player. They should see the hint for "Test One."

Have a second player join and once in-game they should either see "Test One" or nothing if the hint has faded due to time. You should not see "Test Two".

Notes:

Issue is critical for missions that make use of the JIP initialisation for gearscripts and other modifiers in missions.

We have another issue concerning JIP issue... where respawn is enabled in eden and works in game... But JIP is not working. People are getting stuck in the loading screen and cant join. 

here also... processbar is at 100% but over 15min and longer nothing happends... but i hear sea gulls...

Can confirm that this has happened to us, if we use our none converted 2D editor templates then the init lines run fine.

Yep same problem for JIP players.

here also... processbar is at 100% but over 15min and longer nothing happends... but i hear sea gulls...

Do you use MCC ?

I have the same problem in a 2d editor everything works fine for JIP. But in 3D editor (with respawn type 3) JIP player started as seagull (connected through one try). I tried to find out, and found that this is due to the fact that the player all the time isNull  

This might be the same issue we are having. However we have been trying to connect to our dedicated server and are using 2d editor missions that were created about a month ago (pre-update) and now we are getting the infinite load screen and cannot join our server. Every once in awhile (1 in 10 tries) you can get in, worked fine for awhile last night. But no changes were made and its back to doing it again. 

This appears to be fixed in the Dev branch so hopefully it is rolled out soon.