Danish_Ice [NBG]

Cant see or select rolles in Multiplayer (EDEN EDITOR)

I love eden editor, but I have one big problem.

When I have made my mission and savet is like export to multiplayer, and oplodet it to the server.

Then when I lode the mission, I cannot see my slots(men) ??

Please advise

Thx Ice :wacko:

Hello,

Got that problem too, so in Eden I did get all roles checked to "Playable" and exported to MP Mission. When run on a dedicated; I as a admin came into the lobby but it was all black, no slots no nothing. And the rest of the players couldnt log in cause to "no more slots". So couldnt play that Eden mission at all.

So Im not the only one with that problem, some comfort at least ! :)

Hello,

Got that problem too, so in Eden I did get all roles checked to "Playable" and exported to MP Mission. When run on a dedicated; I as a admin came into the lobby but it was all black, no slots no nothing. And the rest of the players couldnt log in cause to "no more slots". So couldnt play that Eden mission at all.

So Im not the only one with that problem, some comfort at least ! :)

yeah you are not alone, I just dont know waht to do either.. We must hope somone knows ;-)

Hi Skagget

I fixet it one our server now.

I updatet the mod pack, new CBA and then the same on the server.

Now all works fine ;-)

/Ice

Hello all,

Im having the same problems as described by the topic starter.
The mission works fine on SP and local host, but not on dedicated server. I also updated everything to latest version of cba.

Is anyone else having the same/simular problems? Does anyone know a fix?

I've tried: 

- Different mod combinations;

- Different versions of Cba;

- Different tweaks with description.ext;

- No description.ext;

Thanks in advance!

I personally have never experienced this bug, even on Day 1 release of Eden (stable) with and without mods like CBA.

Have you placed at least one "PLAYER" unit?

I personally have never experienced this bug, even on Day 1 release of Eden (stable) with and without mods like CBA.

Have you placed at least one "PLAYER" unit?

Thanks for your response. I do have a player unit. Also other playable units. 

The same mission did work before Eden update..

I've created missions with v1.56 with just 'playable' units, no 'player' unit and the missions works fine locally and on my groups dedicated server both vanilla and with the normal mods we use. As a matter of fact it as never not worked.

update: I found a way to create the problem by copying and pasting my playable group on to a different terrain in the 2D editor. After the paste the units were set to not-playable and, at that point, I got no slots.

Dave

Hi, same problem here... 3days of trying no result. It works only on vannila mission. Al mods are updated. Thanks for some help. We re using CUP Weapons Vechicles Units RHS (Both) CBA Tryks TFAR

OK i solved my problem... 

1) 0 "Player" slot all must be "Playable".

2) CUP mods rename from @CUP Units to @CUP_Units and if any other mod doesnt work with normal space " " try to rename it with this space "_".

Thats it everything works fine now for me. 

OK i solved my problem...

1) 0 "Player" slot all must be "Playable".

2) CUP mods rename from @CUP Units to @CUP_Units and if any other mod doesnt work with normal space " " try to rename it with this space "_".

Thats it everything works fine now for me.

Great that you fixed it and thanks for sharing .

However, could elaborate more on point 2? I do not use CUP and am not exactly shure what you mean and were I should look.. thnx in advance!

Ps. apologies for the youtube link that was in this post for a while. The link was pasted in by accident.

Same problem. Converted old(last version) mission to Eden. Player slot numbers went from 1-32 to 707,650, etc. Cannot access role selection on dedicated server.

Having the same problem, tried everything already mentioned ?

Any ideas

** FIXED **

​If the map you use when making your mission,  IS NOT on the server you are trying to run it on,  then the playable slots will not show in lobby..

Having the same problem, tried everything already mentioned ?

Any ideas

** FIXED **

​If the map you use when making your mission,  IS NOT on the server you are trying to run it on,  then the playable slots will not show in lobby..

This solution unfortunately does not fix it for me  :(.

For now I'm gonna stop trying to fix this problem.... rage quit  :P

This solution unfortunately does not fix it for me  :(.

For now I'm gonna stop trying to fix this problem.... rage quit  :P

Send me your mission.sqm and ill take a look,   teamspeak  - cg.tserverhq.com

Send me your mission.sqm and ill take a look,   teamspeak  - cg.tserverhq.com

Sorry for the late respons. If you still want to take a look, I will send the mission.sqm asap. 

I've found an older version that was not touched by Eden editor... that works perfectly fine on dedicated server... weird issues...

Bump

Still having this issue. Did anyone find a fix?

I have also been having this issue. 

I created a mission in Eden with a few mods and when I go to play it on a dedicated none of the playable slots appear. Also, none of the images appear in the mission selection screen. The mission works just fine when exported to multiplayer and hosted on Hamachi in a LAN server, but they just won't work on a dedicated server. Other missions work fine on the dedicated server. I've tried creating multiple missions with varying dependencies (one mission with no mod dependency), yet none of them work. 

Any advice?

The problem to resolved itself for me with last update. I can now export missions and play them on dedi server. That also includes the exact mission and modlist I had trouble with..

It also works with ingame export and with 3rdparty pbo software.

I hope it is fixed for others to!

Still having the problems. I updated my game and I believe the dedicated server was updated, but we still can't get new missions to recognize playable slots. I'll do more testing and see if it yields any answers =/

I am still having the same issues as well. None of the above suggestions have resolved the issue. Any help is greatly appreciated. If I export and self-host on local machine, they work. Put on a dedicated server and it no longer works.