BroBeans.

Eden Editor object placement not accurate

Having issues with objects appearing in different positions to where placed in the Editor. 

Curious to see if others are having any similar issues. Seems to be an issue where the editor struggles to spawn in said objects before the mission starts. 

Please note: Using Panthera map with various mods.

Video: 

The editors object placement isn't off. I think thats the default behaviour of createVehicle (It will put vehicles in positions that aren't blocked on spawn in order to avoid spontanious explosions). 

As austin_medic suggests, you're trying to pack the vehicles too tightly together. You can see in the video the vehicles spawning in and being (safely) destroyed where their bounding boxes are touching. Only fix is to increase the spacing between them.

This actually makes sense. 

Lol.

Thankyou guys, I'll try it and let you know.

Also try your mission on a server, because your client have problems with the spawning (you saw the big delay between spawning)

You must have enough space between the cars... because in arma vehicles are spawned default with the frontside northbound and after spawning they are rotated...

so spawn them northbound then this little space is enough...

I'm not sure if each object you place is able to be set via 'this' code or such so that it does NOT collide with any other object. For example, using a script to spawn in said objects, you could use "CAN_COLLIDE" in the createVehicle string as they would spawn in close to each other but not touching (within their bounding boxes) therefore not explode on spawning, so one would assume that inside the 3D editor itself has the same or similar capabilities (no idea myself atm).

Check out https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/createVehicleto see what I'm trying to explain.

-soul.