7 hours ago, sammael said:

I can`t find garrison module..

The function that makes units garrison buildings? Select the units you want to garrison, then right click on them. In the menu mouse over "Edit", under this you will find "Garrison Building". The selected units will occupy positions in any buildings near them. I love using this little tool :)

• Like 4

Can someone direct me to a guide on how to use the briefing editor?

7 hours ago, zio sam said:

Can someone direct me to a guide on how to use the briefing editor?

See if that answers your questions. If not, don't be afraid to ask ;)

• Like 1

A few weeks ago someone here requested a tool to export the direction of an object.

While I didn't want to add another tool to get something simple like the direction, I however added a function which gets most of the relevant object information. The tool will be available in the Context Menu -> Log and the output will look as follows:

************************CLASS************************
"B_Soldier_F"
************************POSITION ATL************************
[2450.21,13343.7,0.0244036]
************************DIRECTION************************
************************SIZE************************
[1.6,2,2.2]
************************SELECTION NAMES************************
["spine","spine1","spine2","spine3","head","leftshoulder","leftarm","leftarmroll","leftforearm","leftforearmroll","lefthand","rightshoulder","rightarm","rightarmroll","rightforearm","rightforearmroll","righthand","pelvis","leftupleg","leftuplegroll","leftleg","leftlegroll","leftfoot","lefttoebase","rightupleg","rightuplegroll","rightleg","rightlegroll","rightfoot","righttoebase","weapon","proxy:\a3\characters_f\proxies\weapon.001","proxy:\a3\characters_f\proxies\pistol.001","proxy:\a3\characters_f\proxies\binoculars.001","proxy:\a3\characters_f\proxies\launcher.001","launcher","nvg","proxy:\a3\characters_f\proxies\nvg.001","proxy:\a3\characters_f\proxies\flag.001","proxy:\a3\characters_f\proxies\equipment.001","proxy:\a3\characters_f\proxies\backpack.001","proxy:\a3\characters_f\proxies\pistol_holstered.001","proxy:\a3\characters_f\proxies\head_male.001","proxy:\a3\characters_f\proxies\glasses.001","proxy:\a3\characters_f\proxies\headgear.001","proxy:\a3\characters_f\proxies\hair.001","proxy:\a3\characters_f\proxies\backpack2.001","proxy:\a3\characters_f\proxies\radio.001","body_proxy","head_proxy","lefthandindex1","lefthandindex2","lefthandindex3","lefthandmiddle1","lefthandmiddle2","lefthandmiddle3","lefthandring","lefthandpinky1","lefthandpinky2","lefthandpinky3","lefthandring1","lefthandring2","lefthandring3","lefthandthumb1","lefthandthumb2","lefthandthumb3","righthandindex1","righthandindex2","righthandindex3","righthandmiddle1","righthandmiddle2","righthandmiddle3","righthandring","righthandpinky1","righthandpinky2","righthandpinky3","righthandring1","righthandring2","righthandring3","righthandthumb1","righthandthumb2","righthandthumb3","injury_hands","camo","proxy:\a3\characters_f\heads\bysta.001","injury_legs","proxy:\a3\characters_f\proxies\hmd.001","insignia","clan","neck","neck1","injury_body"]
************************KIND OF************************
"Man"
************************PARENTS************************
[]
************************MODEL INFO************************
["b_ctrg_soldier_01_f.p3d","a3\characters_f_exp\blufor\b_ctrg_soldier_01_f.p3d",true]
************************OBJECT TYPE************************
************************DLC ID************************
************************MATERIALS************************
["",""]
************************TEXTURES************************
["a3\characters_f_exp\blufor\data\u_b_ctrg_soldier_f_co.paa",""]
************************OBJECT PARENT************************
<NULL-object>

While it's not very helpful for beginners, I believe it's a time saver for folks who work on more advanced stuff.

Let me know what you think.

• Like 6

Hey mate just want to suggest to you one thing, about the animations menu that come with the mod, what about adding some of my static poses in it? People have asked me that so don't know would be cool! :D as your mod is very helpful for letting people set up pics in a more easy way 

19 hours ago, R3vo said:

A few weeks ago someone here requested a tool to export the direction of an object.

While I didn't want to add another tool to get something simple like the direction, I however added a function which gets most of the relevant object information. The tool will be available in the Context Menu -> Log and the output will look as follows:

*snip*

Although completely unnecessary, its insanely cool and helpful.

3den Enhanced Test Version 1.8.9

Since BIS has just released 1.68 I plan to release the latest version of 3den Enhanced very soon. To assure the update goes smoothly I'd like to collect some final feedback and see if there are any major bugs left.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7hf9hgif1360ezz/%403den Enhanced Test v1.8.9.zip?dl=0

Please report every bug you find. Thanks in advance.

• Like 2

Hi R3vo. First sorry if it was already asked/solved, in case, I surely missed it and I'm sorry about.

However: I figure out a "problem" with you mod. I use some enemy units and put on them some anims (not static) and when I approach to them I see them in the "correct" animation that I chosse. However, once I start engage them, they leave the animation and hit the floor, and never go back in the "original" animations. Ok hat maybe it's difficult they go back in the choosen animations, but they stay still on theground forever, not going in the A3 default anim.

There is a way to fix this? (i don't use the 1.8.9 test version).

Thanks for your work however. Love it :)

7 hours ago, sfod-d_snakebite said:

Hi R3vo. First sorry if it was already asked/solved, in case, I surely missed it and I'm sorry about.

However: I figure out a "problem" with you mod. I use some enemy units and put on them some anims (not static) and when I approach to them I see them in the "correct" animation that I chosse. However, once I start engage them, they leave the animation and hit the floor, and never go back in the "original" animations. Ok hat maybe it's difficult they go back in the choosen animations, but they stay still on theground forever, not going in the A3 default anim.

There is a way to fix this? (i don't use the 1.8.9 test version).

Thanks for your work however. Love it :)

The issue is solved in 1.8.9. I removed the whole animation stuff...

Thanks for your reply first. However, now there is no more possibility to set an animation at the beginning to a unit?

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 0:46 AM, sfod-d_snakebite said:

Thanks for your reply first. However, now there is no more possibility to set an animation at the beginning to a unit?

This is of interrest to me-would be a +1 for me.

You can always use

this switchMove "nameofanimationhere";

or

this playMove "nameofanimationhere";

in the init of the unit to make it play the animation.  You can find animation names through the animations viewer.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2017 at 0:46 AM, sfod-d_snakebite said:

Everything related to animations in 3den Enhanced will be removed.

• Like 1

Ok thanks R3vo. So now have to be inserted via "init" field in the way Savage_Monkey tells. Thanks both for the info :)

Why would you remove animations?((    I recently tried them in combo with new dynamic simulation and it worked just fine! Please please don't do it...please))

• Like 4

3den Enhanced Update 1.8

Changelog:

v1.8
*added*
- scripting examples by Foxhound International (Help section)
- readded the UAV intro (establishing shot), hopefully working more reliably than before
- the intro text attribute now supports a new type of intro text used in the Apex Protocol campaign
- readded the "hide terrain objects" context menu entry
- added tool to export GUI base classes (debug tool)
- added tool to view default GUI Grids (debug tool)
- added tool to delete vehicle crews quickly
- added link to Gunter Severloh's Ai Compilation List
- added Czech translation  thanks to XerXesCZ
- added French translation thanks to Artenis
- new tool to create "debug triggers" to make testing missions easier for beginners

*changed*
- fixed issue with invisible logic creation causing low FPS in missions with many players
- improved random patrol function
- sound volume and random music attribute will no longer run on headless clients
- various tooltip improvements
- the log faction names tool was moved from the menu strip to the context menu
- tools in the menu strip are now better sorted
- some tool icons were improved/changed
- improved measure-distance function
- fixed the reverse direction tool
- serveral small improvements to the briefing editor functions
- line pattern tool will no longer change the rotation
- value of the FPS gauge is now rounded
- FPS gauge is now updated every second instead of every 1/2 second
- default value of the 3DEN Radio volume was changed from 100% to 25%
- preference menu was overhauled
- default values for the tools were tweaked to make more sense
- fill area tools will now use screen center as origin
- garrison radius attribute is now using a edit control
- multiple improvements of tooltips and display names
- most placement tools can now be accessed via CTRL + numpad
- circular pattern tool uses now center of the screen as initial position
- improved session timer code
- custom status bar controls have now the same visual style as the vanilla controls
- mission stats tool now displays the number of simple objects
- context menu entries are now only shown when necessary
- improved tooltip for the "on event" attributes
- game info tool now also logs architecture (x64,x86)
- fixed missing localisation when using the garrison function
- removed obsolete variable from fn_getModuleDescription.sqf
- toggle Map IDs would only work when the map was opened manually beforehand
- 3den Radio was overhauled and can now be controlled via a custom GUI
- improved position of session timer (Should not overlap with other controls anymore)
- improved German translation (thanks to KiritoKun223)
- units traits attribute is now using a new control type
- garrison radius is now using a new control type
- random patrol was renamed to Task Patrol and moved to the group attributes
- task patrol is now using BIS_fnc_taskPatrol
- updated stringtable.xml

*removed*
- tutorials
- preload arsenal settings
- warning messages
- set z = 0 tool (It's available in the context menu -> transform)
- log class name tool (Functionality already exists)
- ambient animations (Too many issues in multiplayer and general incompatibility with Eden)

The Workshop version is already up-to-date, Armaholic will follow shortly.

• Like 6

Great update.

Not sure if you missed my post.

Can the ability to add "keep flashlight/laser on" for AI and AI groups be added?

Much like the "keep headlights on" has been implemented.

Is there anyway to add the features to 3DEN Enhanced?

Fatigue on/off

Weapon sway on/off or variables 1-10

Recoil on/off or variables 1-10

Instead of scripting it in an init, playerInit, parameters, etc.

Thanks and humbly,

Reed

3 hours ago, Jnr4817 said:

Great update.

Not sure if you missed my post.

Can the ability to add "keep flashlight/laser on" for AI and AI groups be added?

Much like the "keep headlights on" has been implemented.

Is there anyway to add the features to 3DEN Enhanced?

Fatigue on/off

Weapon sway on/off or variables 1-10

Recoil on/off or variables 1-10

Instead of scripting it in an init, playerInit, parameters, etc.

Thanks and humbly,

Reed

You can use the "Add Gunlight" attribute to add gunlights to the unit. They should also turn them on properly. For lasers this is not possible easily.

Fatigue on/off is already available

Weapon sway: Good idea, gonna look into it, same for recoil.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, R3vo said:

You can use the "Add Gunlight" attribute to add gunlights to the unit. They should also turn them on properly. For lasers this is not possible easily.

Fatigue on/off is already available

Weapon sway: Good idea, gonna look into it, same for recoil.

Thanks for the answer.

Yes, adding weapon sway and recoil to 3DEN Enhanced would be awesome.

Looking forward to trying this out, but am currently waiting for BIS to fix the Eden dropbox menu issue that started with 1.68.  I read that they had a fix and were waiting to get the go-ahead from QA, but that news is close to a week old now.

-Doc

EDIT: Their description is: "Irregular aspect ratios may result in the User Interface not correctly responding to mouse input (e.g. drop-down menus)."

Me and my freaky 16:9 aspect ratio.  :-)     Anyway, waiting for a fix for that before I do anything big in Eden.

EDIT 2: Woo hoo!  I switched from 2560x1440 (16:9) to 1920x1080 (16:9) and it resolved the issue.  Then went back to the original resolution and it still works.  Awesome.

Question about this feature: Save gear on respawn functionality

Currently we just use the BIS_fnc_saveInventory function, but players will sometimes respawn without their primary weapon, or even without their primary of launched.  I suspect that it's because those have been dropped onto the ground when the player was hit, and are therefore not in the inventory when the function records their inventory for restoration on respawn.

Does your feature take that into account?

Thanks for your time,

-Doc

4 minutes ago, doc. caliban said:

Question about this feature: Save gear on respawn functionality

Currently we just use the BIS_fnc_saveInventory function, but players will sometimes respawn without their primary weapon, or even without their primary of launched.  I suspect that it's because those have been dropped onto the ground when the player was hit, and are therefore not in the inventory when the function records their inventory for restoration on respawn.

Does your feature take that into account?

Thanks for your time,

-Doc

It only saves the gear when the player joins the game. After that, the saved gear is restored on respawn.

Also, use getUnitloadout instead of BIS_fnc_saveInventory, it's million times faster.