I honestly should have forseen this earlier but your ambient animations functions appear to spawn a game logic for each unit that is 'animated' which then also duplicates per playable slot in a mission.  I gather that at this point those 2 options are only going to be useful for SP or very low player count missions.

Our group discovered this after seeing our AI count in missions increase exponentially and is clearly visible in spectator mode.  Here's an example:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/159153656578307063/0D538541700A765D50D1F0A627567610C5A42027/

So a mission with even just 15 AI units with animations in a mission with 25 players = 370+ game logics spawned.

We have scrapped 3den Enhanced from our missions because of the gamelogics. We had counts going up into the thousands when we joined the server. Unplayable like that unfortunately as the server completely lags out (as do the players)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rg-helios said:

We have scrapped 3den Enhanced from our missions because of the gamelogics. We had counts going up into the thousands when we joined the server. Unplayable like that unfortunately as the server completely lags out (as do the players)

Is it just the ambient animations that does this? Can performance be impacted if you're using other features (such as making objects arsenal items, or turning on headlights, etc)?

Thanks for reporting the issue about the Game Logics. I think I an going to scrap the ambient anim stuff completely.

They are causing more issues than anything else...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Is it just the ambient animations that does this? Can performance be impacted if you're using other features (such as making objects arsenal items, or turning on headlights, etc)?

It's only the animation attribute. The logics are spawned by the function that's why they are not visible in the mission.sqm.

• Like 2

Just now, R3vo said:

It's only the animation attribute. The logics are spawned by the function that's why they are not visible in the mission.sqm.

Thanks for the breakdown. What a shame you can't get the animations implemented to your liking. I usually only use them in my small-scale SP missions anyway, so I never noticed anything unusual, but that sucks considering how much effort you clearly put into integrating them.

Though I agree that removing them is probably the best option at this point.

• Like 2

I wonder if that's why it sounded like I had Russians trapped under the runway at one of my bases... :)

They are neat, but yes... finicky.  

• Like 1

Glads to hear its only the animations. This is an invaluable tool for mission makers.

Question though, if mission makers go the old fashioned route of entering animation commands in the unit init, will this create the game logic?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rich_R said:

Glads to hear its only the animations. This is an invaluable tool for mission makers.

Question though, if mission makers go the old fashioned route of entering animation commands in the unit init, will this create the game logic?

Yes.

• Like 1

Just now, R3vo said:

Yes.

Well that sucks.

Thanks for the quick reply :)

I guess it couldn't hurt to open a ticket with BIS then, laying out the problem, to see if they can implement some alternate way of getting animations in someday. 

• Like 2

I also had issue with the animations because they were appearing as enemies to independents

see last 3 messages in following 

So BI is aware of the logics which animations are creating

2 hours ago, R3vo said:

Yes.

If that anim is run via a script server side it should still only create one game logic though right? 

Opposite to how when using an init field of a unit (or attributes via 3den) it will run once for every player.

Man.....locality stuff like this is such a pain!

1 hour ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

If that anim is run via a script server side it should still only create one game logic though right? 

Opposite to how when using an init field of a unit (or attributes via 3den) it will run once for every player.

Man.....locality stuff like this is such a pain!

If it's only executed on the Server, the animations won't show for players. That's one of the main issues.

29 minutes ago, R3vo said:

If it's only executed on the Server, the animations won't show for players. That's one of the main issues.

Man, this game really doesn't like anything other than straight up firefights. Are combat animations any different?

1 hour ago, R3vo said:

Bugger.  Thanks for all the hard work regardless.

I can confirm everything Imp has been posting.

We played a mission with a mere 4 ambient animations. (3 normal and 1 combat) with 20 players on the server the engine spawned over 100 virtual entities dropping the server frames to 7fps.

Because like R3vo said if spawned on the server the animation don't show. I used a sleep delay to execute the animations at varying times over the first 60 seconds of mission start

0 = this spawn { waituntil {time > 5};  0 = [_this,"WATCH1","ASIS"] call BIS_fnc_ambientAnim;};

The animations did end up showing for players, but when players are running around in single digit fps what is the point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rekkless said:

I can confirm everything Imp has been posting.

We played a mission with a mere 4 ambient animations. (3 normal and 1 combat) with 20 players on the server the engine spawned over 100 virtual entities dropping the server frames to 7fps.

Because like R3vo said if spawned on the server the animation don't show. I used a sleep delay to execute the animations at varying times over the first 60 seconds of mission start

0 = this spawn { waituntil {time > 5};  0 = [_this,"WATCH1","ASIS"] call BIS_fnc_ambientAnim;};

The animations did end up showing for players, but when players are running around in single digit fps what is the point.

After considering a few alternatives, I have completely removed the animation attribute.

• Like 6

I am using the preview version of 3den Enhanced right now and I guess it works fine so far, but I have a little "problem" with the Radio that comes with it. I have a lot of songs in the 3den Radio, due to a little music mod of myself. The problem is, it is really annoying to add every single song by drag and dropping. It may be a good idea to give the ability to SHIFT+A or SHIFT+Click to select many songs at the same time to be able to drag them over. I know that this is not an issue, but I liked the idea of the earlier 3den Radio, because it went through all the songs and if you don't like one, you can just skip 'em.

Edit: I also just found an issue with scrolling down in the "custom playlist" part of the 3den Radio. Even after selecting a song on the right side I can't scroll down with my mouse, I have to use the white bar on the right to do so.

Here's a quick update:

The random patrol was renamed to Task Patrol now and I moved it from the object attribute to the group attribute. The advantage is, that I have direct access to the group making it more reliable and faster. Together with the recent improvemnts to the fnc_findSafePos.sqf by BIS I hope that the feature will work better overall.

Furthermore, the group's combat mode, speed mode etc. are now taken from the group attributes.

NboAwcj.jpg

• Like 9

Awesome job.

Anyway to add a keep(force) flashlight on or keep laser on attribute to the group?

When I first saw this I was like "Pfff I don't need a mod that adds more stuff to the editor, the new Eden editor already has everything."

How wrong I was xD

Thanks a million, this is absolutely invaluable... saves so much time. I especially love little tidbits like the Garrison Buildings function... before, I would manually place units in all these buildings, which also just kind of killed the mission itself for me because I had a good idea of where a lot of the enemies were. Now with this it takes two seconds and it's random :D

• Like 2

Here's a preview of a new little feature coming with the next update.

It's mainly interesting for player who have little to no scripting knowledge and want to have certain abilities while test playing their missions in the editor.

The triggers, while still present in the mission if not removed before exporting the mission file, will NOT work in multiplayer to prevent certain issues.

• Like 5