1 hour ago, tortuosit said:

R3vo, is there anything you can do and increase the init text field sizes? They could take so much more space in order to be useful.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/187297348927964592/E9D0B55B5D07DB673DFF12209AA1340676A40396/

They are taller on dev branch already.

really diggin' this mod for eden its so good.

Someone suggested that there is a ruler function that you can measure distance I can't seem to find it is that true on what I was told?

12 minutes ago, jordanbache97 said:

really diggin' this mod for eden its so good.

Someone suggested that there is a ruler function that you can measure distance I can't seem to find it is that true on what I was told?

Not really a ruler, just a tool to measure the distance between two points to get a feeling for the distance. It should be available in the right-click context menu.

• Like 1

On 14.1.2017 at 1:17 PM, R3vo said:

They are taller on dev branch already.

Hmm then maybe it is my mod mix as I am using dev branch... 

13 minutes ago, tortuosit said:

Hmm then maybe it is my mod mix as I am using dev branch... 

I'll check it again when I'm back home.

I have looked into it and tried few things but it seem I am too stupid to overwrite the default init control. I'll perhaps give it another go when I find the time.

I'm having an issue that I am wondering if may be related to 3den enhanced. I've made 5 missions with various versions of 3den over the past few months. I've used fog settings once or twice, but in others no fog settings were applied. And I seem to be getting increasing fog (up to near zero visibility) after about 30-45 minutes of play. Even though the forcast fog is at zero.

If I take one of these missions, save it in vanilla (3den enhanced not activated), set all fog to zero. I still get the increasing fog.

If I copy and paste all units from one of these 5 missions to a new map, make sure fog is at zero and save it (again in vanilla), I still get the fog after 30-45 minutes.

Is it possible that some fog settings get saved somewhere other than the intel menu in the editor? Something that can be copy pasted to another map?

A screenshot of the mystery fog (maybe it's haze?). View distance is at 3500m

CA5AF15CE1540665B1589BC965D8B58CA5CD7310

They should not be saved anywhere since the latest version does not have the fog setting anymore. However, I can only say for sure, if you could send me the mission.sqm via PM.

6 hours ago, Private Evans said:

Just wondering...would it be possible to add a function that can hide factions ??

That should already be possible via the layer functionality. But yes, I could write a function.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, R3vo said:

That should already be possible via the layer functionality. But yes, I could write a function.

That would be awesome...maybe it is just me but I really would like to have only factions visible in the editor that I want for a scenario, means especially hiding vanilla factions when using total conversions like Unsung, Optre or WWII mods, but also selecting single factions when using a bunch of larger mods together like for example RHS and CUP etc.

cheers

23 hours ago, R3vo said:

They should not be saved anywhere since the latest version does not have the fog setting anymore. However, I can only say for sure, if you could send me the mission.sqm via PM.

Thanks for the reply, sent you a mission via PM. Just want to repeat here I am not saying this is enhanced related, but looking to eliminate possible causes.

4 hours ago, Private Evans said:

That would be awesome...maybe it is just me but I really would like to have only factions visible in the editor that I want for a scenario, means especially hiding vanilla factions when using total conversions like Unsung, Optre or WWII mods, but also selecting single factions when using a bunch of larger mods together like for example RHS and CUP etc.

cheers

I believe there is not easy way to do that.

Wouldn't it be enough to collapse all factions and only uncollapse those which you use?

• Like 1

Sure

17 hours ago, R3vo said:

I believe there is not easy way to do that.

Wouldn't it be enough to collapse all factions and only uncollapse those which you use?

Sure that works...it is just me wanting things too perfect sometimes :)

Today I started working on improving the 3den Radio. While I think it's currently a nice feature to be able to listen to music while editing, I actually think it should have another purpose.

So I thought I would create a new GUI which would allow you to click through all the available music to find one that suits the mission you are currently working on.

Here's a small preview. Keep in mind that I've just started with it today, there is much to be improved.

DonK3Jg.jpg

I would like to hear some feedback from you.

I currently want to remove the 3den Radio from the preference menu and make it completely configureable (auto start, etc.) through the new dialogue. I would also like to add a search, but haven't figured out yet how that works.

• Like 5

Definitely a good direction there buddy! But what really annoys me is that cfgmusic sometimes plays things like screech from stungrenade so it would be cool if you could create your own playlists too and filter out things that you never want to play.

8 hours ago, danny96 said:

Definitely a good direction there buddy! But what really annoys me is that cfgmusic sometimes plays things like screech from stungrenade so it would be cool if you could create your own playlists too and filter out things that you never want to play.

Yeah, that's BIS how we know them. No clue why they add stuff like this to CfgMusic.

I'll think about the playlist, for now, I'll will filter out those unwanted tracks.

15 minutes ago, R3vo said:

Yeah, that's BIS how we know them. No clue why they add stuff like this to CfgMusic.

I'll think about the playlist, for now, I'll will filter out those unwanted tracks.

Maybe look at track length if that is possible? Filter anything below 40s or something.

Just now, twakkie said:

Maybe look at track length if that is possible? Filter anything below 40s or something.

Not possible, some tracks don't have a proper length defined, or a length which is incorrect =/

11 minutes ago, R3vo said:

Not possible, some tracks don't have a proper length defined, or a length which is incorrect =/

Well that sucks and is kind of silly from BIS.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, danny96 said:

What about this ?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, R3vo said:

What about this ?

Yeah. This is exactly the thing I was looking for! Thank you.