dear eden enchanced users, i am SUPER noob Caluu, and i am very inexperienced with the arma series and the arma 3 eden editor, im trying to build a mission that has nice ground fog/ volumetric fog, how do i use this mod to achieve some cool fog effects?

i feel that the fog the editor gives us is far to unrealistic for my tastes, i have seen videos where i can have the fog in low laying valleys and hills and have the hill tops clear of fog. If someone would be so kind as to make a very detailed youtube video on how to use the editor and the eden enhanced mod to creat awesome fog i would greatly appreciate it.

i recently purchsed the APEX DLC.

Thank you much

SUPER noob Caluu! :D

You can set the decay, fog density and base level of ground fog in the "Environment" Attributes. Play with a values a bit.

I'm kind of a noob at scripting. When I put the following into the "on respawn" section of "event scripting" it refuses to work:

createVehicleCrew _this;

I'm trying to get this to work with the UGV because it always respawns with no crew and is uncontrollable using the UAV terminal. Am I supposed to use something else, like "_x" instead of "_this" or "this"?

Here's another script I'm trying to execute on an M1A4 from the RHS mod:

if(24 >= 0)then{ [_this, [ [ 'Label', cM1BarrelSymPlaces, _this getVariable ['rhs_decalBarrel_type','BarrelArt_Abrams_WD'],24] ] ] call rhsusf_fnc_decalsInit;}; if(0 >= 0)then{ [_this, [ [ 'Label', cM1PlnSymPlaces, _this getVariable ['rhs_decalPlatoon_type','ArmyPlt_Abrams_WD'],0] ] ] call rhsusf_fnc_decalsInit}; _this animate ['IFF_Panels_Hide',1,true];

For some reason neither of these work. I can only assume either they're not supported via the entry in the UI or "_this" is supposed to be something else.

I'm kind of a noob at scripting. When I put the following into the "on respawn" section of "event scripting" it refuses to work:

createVehicleCrew _this;

I'm trying to get this to work with the UGV because it always respawns with no crew and is uncontrollable using the UAV terminal. Am I supposed to use something else, like "_x" instead of "_this" or "this"?

Here's another script I'm trying to execute on an M1A4 from the RHS mod:

if(24 >= 0)then{ [_this, [ [ 'Label', cM1BarrelSymPlaces, _this getVariable ['rhs_decalBarrel_type','BarrelArt_Abrams_WD'],24] ] ] call rhsusf_fnc_decalsInit;}; if(0 >= 0)then{ [_this, [ [ 'Label', cM1PlnSymPlaces, _this getVariable ['rhs_decalPlatoon_type','ArmyPlt_Abrams_WD'],0] ] ] call rhsusf_fnc_decalsInit}; _this animate ['IFF_Panels_Hide',1,true];

For some reason neither of these work. I can only assume either they're not supported via the entry in the UI or "_this" is supposed to be something else.

_this is not correct.

_this equals to [newUnit,oldUnit].

You would need to use

_this select 0

I'll update the tooltip accordingly.

Czech translation has been done. I've created merge request on GitHub.

Sorry it took so long, had some RL issues that slowed me down.

56 minutes ago, XerXesCZ said:

Czech translation has been done. I've created merge request on GitHub.

Sorry it took so long, had some RL issues that slowed me down.

No need to apologise, that's awesome. Thank you very much!

3den Enhanced Test Version 1.8.1

- added Czech translation thanks to XerXesCZ

Just a little reminder. You can still help with the translation of the mod.

It would be awesome if we could finish the france and italian translation because those are only partially done.

If you are  interested visit GitHub.com

Thank you!

• Like 2

love the mod, use it every mission. are there any plans to make the advanced body damage compatible with ace medical?

59 minutes ago, smiter said:

love the mod, use it every mission. are there any plans to make the advanced body damage compatible with ace medical?

I don't plan to integrate mod specific attribute, it would just clutter Eden more than necessary. Thanks for you feedback.

Hi R3vo !

I'm back after testing this mod much deeper, and I must say thank you for the unit abilities function, before that, impossible to be a Special Forces Unit and come close to hostiles in their back, now, it's just completely possible, and if the MOCAP mod is fixed for the desync' animations, that can became possible to perform CQC against AI.

Placing the value at 0.5 for each elements permit to move closer to AI without being noticed and perform close shots, or adapt the camouflage value to being able to hide correctly from AI. Of course, 0.5 for hearing detection is nice beause walking or switching weapons don't get detected but start running completely break the stealth.

Thanks again, and a last thing, I spot some errors in the french translation, how can I submit my own translation to correct that ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghost_Warden said:

Thanks again, and a last thing, I spot some errors in the french translation, how can I submit my own translation to correct that ?

Thanks for you kind words.

Regarding the translation, see the initial post -> Translation

Hey,

No problems, thanks for the amazing work.

Yep, I've already read the post for the translation, but I need to have an account on the GitHub to be able to perform a submission as I understand, right ? Seems logical, that can prevent anybody being able to change things.

Your mod is at the top five mods I still check, it's really a needed for someone like me who just want to have a realistic ArmA III, as punitive than ArmA II.

59 minutes ago, Ghost_Warden said:

Yep, I've already read the post for the translation, but I need to have an account on the GitHub to be able to perform a submission as I understand, right ? Seems logical, that can prevent anybody being able to change things.

Creating a GitHub acc makes things alot easier. However, you can also copy the content of the stringtable.xml without an acc.

Copy it, edit it, and send it to me via PM here on the forums. I'll then update the repository.

Copy that, I'll surely do that.

The actual translation is already nice, but I just want to add my part and let you decide which one is better.

I'll send you that by PM.

On 2016-12-06 at 8:35 AM, R3vo said:

_this is not correct.

_this equals to [newUnit,oldUnit].

You would need to use

_this select 0

I'll update the tooltip accordingly.

I'm still not quite sure what to do. I tried the following and it still doesn't work.

createVehicleCrew _this select 0;

I also tried the following with no results ("ugv_1" is the variable name for the vehicle).

createVehicleCrew ugv_1

It seems as though the event scripting section isn't doing anything. Am I supposed to be using some other syntax or something?

See if

hint str _this;

works

19 hours ago, R3vo said:

See if

hint str _this;

works

I don't see any hint pop up when it respawns.

38 minutes ago, Drift_91 said:

I don't see any hint pop up when it respawns.

I just tested it and it works fine. Are you testing it on a dedicated server?

1 minute ago, R3vo said:

I just tested it and it works fine. Are you testing it on a dedicated server?

The "createVehicleCrew ugv_1" I've tested in the editor and on a dedicated server, both in stable and dev builds. The "hint str _this;" I tested just now on the dev build in the editor. After my last post I removed all my mods and installed the 1.8.2 test version and it still didn't work in the editor. I should mention that I'm using the editor in multiplayer mode, if that makes a difference.

2 hours ago, Drift_91 said:

The "createVehicleCrew ugv_1" I've tested in the editor and on a dedicated server, both in stable and dev builds. The "hint str _this;" I tested just now on the dev build in the editor. After my last post I removed all my mods and installed the 1.8.2 test version and it still didn't work in the editor. I should mention that I'm using the editor in multiplayer mode, if that makes a difference.

24 minutes ago, R3vo said:

Have you tried with an empty vehicle sync'd to a "ModuleRespawnVehicle_F" module? Or is that not intended to work?

Edit:
Just tested what you did in the video and it works fine. My problem is I'm trying to apply several commands to vehicles respawned via the module mentioned above.

Edited by Drift_91

1 hour ago, Drift_91 said:

Have you tried with an empty vehicle sync'd to a "ModuleRespawnVehicle_F" module? Or is that not intended to work?

Edit:
Just tested what you did in the video and it works fine. My problem is I'm trying to apply several commands to vehicles respawned via the module mentioned above.

I am not even sure if the respawn module triggers the respawn event handler.

9 minutes ago, R3vo said:

I am not even sure if the respawn module triggers the respawn event handler.

Ah, alright. Is there some way I could go about finding out? I'd like to submit a feature request on the feedback tracker for BI to make it trigger if it doesn't already. Would be a good idea to make it an option in the module's properties I guess.

Btw I appreciate you looking into it as far as you have. Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Drift_91 said:

Ah, alright. Is there some way I could go about finding out? I'd like to submit a feature request on the feedback tracker for BI to make it trigger if it doesn't already. Would be a good idea to make it an option in the module's properties I guess.

Btw I appreciate you looking into it as far as you have. Thank you.

You could look at the function with the ingame function viewer, I believe it's called BIS_fnc_moduleRespawn, or moduleVehicleRespawn.