Hey R3vo,

i noticed a problem with your mod.

As soon as I go into the intel menu the grass on the map disappears and i cant seem to be able to bring it back.

I did not tuch the disable grass option at all.

It disabled itself automatically.

Hope u can figure this out.

Hey R3vo,

As soon as I go into the intel menu the grass on the map disappears and i cant seem to be able to bring it back.

The for the report, should be fixed in the next version.

• Like 1

Hey R3vo,

Weird never had that issue maybe it was some BIS update are you on DEV?

Added: An engine implementation of the Stance attribute

Guess my stance attribute fix was in vain :D

Too fix the issue with the caused by the Visual Settings I decided to overhaul the attribute a bit. View distances can now be set from 1000 m to 5000m, if you think that's not enough, please let me know.

*Click at the imgur logo in the upper left corner for fullscreen mode

http://imgur.com/a/5j2AL

• Like 1

Weird never had that issue maybe it was some BIS update are you on DEV?

No im not on DEV i am on stable.

It works fine with 1.5 but with 1.5.7 the grass magically disapears as soon as u change something on the intel tab.

But R3vo seems to have found the issue ;D

No im not on DEV i am on stable.

It works fine with 1.5 but with 1.5.7 the grass magically disapears as soon as u change something on the intel tab.

But R3vo seems to have found the issue ;D

Yeh, the issue is fixed, but I literally broke 90% of the attributes ... :D

....hates the fact we cant ask for updates but looking forward to the Clone arsenal load out option :wub:

Yo ho, yo ho, it's the Arma 3 scripter's life for us! :D

Yeh, the issue is fixed, but I literally broke 90% of the attributes ... :D

• Like 1

Test Version 1.5.8

Changelog:

v1.5.8
*changed*
- fixed position of song name display
- Display for name of currently played song is now integrated into the EDEN statusbar, should  now properly scale with different resolutions and display sizes
- fixed position and size of loiter direction attribute of UAV intro
- improved delay attribute for intro text
- some config clean-up
- improved behaviour and speed mode control of random patrol
- improved speed mode control for ambient flyby
- improved some tooltips
- fixed bug caused by event att.
- fixed some inconsistencies in the configs
- various improvements to the Random Patrol code with the goal to improve reliability
- replaced some of my own translations with ones from BIS
- improved code of remove NVG attribute
- various function improvements
- improve unit traits attribute (Attribute needs to be saved once, to apply the new values)
- advanced skill was missing its Enh TAG
- range of the "Free Hostage" action was lowered from 15m to 2m
- fixed issue where the garrison function would sometimes recieve a wrong data type
- added tutorial for the garrison functionality
- added ... to all menu strip entry which open a subfolder or new page. Mainly to be on par with the BIS design guidelines
- new icon for the tools folder
- Free Hostage action is now using the vanilla hold action system
- unit which has the "Make Hostage" att. enabled, will now automatically change its animation
- ambient animation should now work in mp again as expected (fingers crossed)

*added*
- added tool to set all selected entities to ATL/ASL 0
- select new song button for the 3den Radio (Implemented into the status bar)
- one can now set the combat mode and formation of a random patrol
- current song name played by 3DEN Radio is now display as a tooltip in the status bar
- added disableAI "Path"
- added tutorial for the garrison function
- added tutorial for 3den Radio
- added shortcuts for various tools and context menu entries
- added help entry redirecting to youtube tutorials
- a warning message is now shown when patrol radius is smaller than 51 m to prevent unexpected behaviour.
- session timer
- a tool to show amount of objects placed in a mission
- a new tool which retrieves all product information and formats it so it can directly be used inside a bug report etc.
- added help link to KK's Blog
- added Briefing Editor
- added loadout tool. Select one or multiple units and use the "Copy Loadout" tool. Then select the units you want the loadout to apply to. If multiply loadouts were saved. A random one will be selected for each unit
- warning message when new scenario is opened (If accepted it won't appear again)

*removed*
- removed suppression level att.
- removed fatigue level att.
- removed obsolete entries from the stringtable.xml
- removed side attribute from ambient fly by (Will always be civilian anyway)
- removed rainbow att. (Functionality was not 100% clear to the user)
- removed "hide map object" context menu entry (The code is not properly optimised and reliable yet)
- clear vehicle cargo att. A vanilla solution got introduced
- removed unit insignia attribute. A vanilla solution got introduced
- removed advanced fog settings. A vanilla solution got introduced
- remove stance att. A vanilla solution got introduced
- advanced ending attribute (Needs further testing)
- unit marker attribute (Not reliable)
- establishing shot attribute (Not mp compatible, most likely not fixable)
- removed save gear multiplayer attribute (on respawn the gear set in Eden is not automatically reapplied)

Known Issues:

- The briefing editor preview is not working yet

Download:

• Like 3

Thanks for the test update Revo. I've seen some discussion of ambient animations on the thread, but I'm not sure what this fix addresses :

ambient animation should now work in mp again as expected (fingers crossed)

Issues I notice with ambient animations in SP and MP :
- They are "permanent", in that AI can't leave the animation loop dynamically when shot at or hears combat for example. (I assume this is expected and part of vanilla arma)
- Once placed in the editor, you can't move the unit until you remove the animation.

Issues I notice with ambient animations combat in SP and MP :
- If your AI squad mates are given a combat animation, you can't order them out of it.

Or is your fix something else entirely?

Cheers!

I actually removed the ambient animations from all of my long-term persistent MP missions for the reasons you described. It's a little immersion killing when they can't defend themselves.

I still love them for short SP missions though (when I know for certain they won't come under any kind of fire).

R3vo, nice changelog buddy. This mod is essential for mission makers and I thank you for making it a much more pleasant experience. Is there any tutorial handy for the hostage rescue function? For example, is setcaptive applied and unapplied automatically? Just wondering if this eliminates the need for adding anything to the hostage init and also having add scripts to triggers to free them, or needing to name the unit, etc and what the process of setting this up would look like.

Thanks for the test update Revo. I've seen some discussion of ambient animations on the thread, but I'm not sure what this fix addresses :

ambient animation should now work in mp again as expected (fingers crossed)

Issues I notice with ambient animations in SP and MP :

- They are "permanent", in that AI can't leave the animation loop dynamically when shot at or hears combat for example. (I assume this is expected and part of vanilla arma)

- Once placed in the editor, you can't move the unit until you remove the animation.

That is known and cannot be fixed until BIS puts some work in the vanilla functions

Issues I notice with ambient animations combat in SP and MP :

- If your AI squad mates are given a combat animation, you can't order them out of it.

The combat animations are only canclled when the unit detects danger or gets damaged, there is no way without scripting to cancel the animation

Or is your fix something else entirely?

Cheers!

I actually removed the ambient animations from all of my long-term persistent MP missions for the reasons you described. It's a little immersion killing when they can't defend themselves.

I would personally love to see a better system for animations and actually hoped that the COOP campaign would improve the ambient animations. The fact that BIS didn't use ambient animations in their new campaign, shows me that they neglected the system however.

I still love them for short SP missions though (when I know for certain they won't come under any kind of fire).

R3vo, nice changelog buddy. This mod is essential for mission makers and I thank you for making it a much more pleasant experience. Is there any tutorial handy for the hostage rescue function? For example, is setcaptive applied and unapplied automatically? Just wondering if this eliminates the need for adding anything to the hostage init and also having add scripts to triggers to free them, or needing to name the unit, etc and what the process of setting this up would look like.

The unit has to be set to captive via the attribute which comes with my mod. Whether the unti is hostage or has already been freed can be checked with

unitVarName getVariable [''Enh_is_hostage'',true]'

When true, unit is still hostage, when false unit was freed. The variable is published over the network, therefore available for all clients.

Thanks again for all the questions and general interest, you guys are what keeps me and this mod going. ;)

• Like 2

Thanks for the breakdown, R3vo. I'm not gonna lie, your explanation is a little too advanced for my scripting skill (which is zero :) ).

In the changelog you mentioned the radius for freeing the hostage being changed to 2 meters. I'm not sure what that means. Does 3den Enhanced provide a method of doing this without the need to make my own trigger? Normally, without your mod, I'd place a trigger around the hostage manually and reverse setcaptive true on trigger activation (and also add code to have him join my squad, etc).

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding what your hostage feature does?

I'm not asking you to make one of your fancy GIF's showing me how (though I won't say no if you do lol). I'm just really unsure how to begin using this feature or even if I'm understanding exactly what it's designed to do.

Is it just a setcaptive check box on the unit and nothing more?

Gimme a few minutes I'll make a quick video.

No video this evening. Found another bug.... :hang:

• Like 3

Gimme a few minutes I'll make a quick video.

No video this evening. Found another bug.... :hang:

I only edit missions, I don't mod like you, and I have friends who ask me why I "work" on making Arma content...

Hope you keep finding an answer to that question! Cause your modding makes my editing much easier :)

Thanks for working on ambient animations R3vo,  i know they aren't a game critical feature but really happy  you have continued to work on it to get it functioning again. Cant wait to test.

hi 

Love this mod, its just beautiful and saves alot of time

In the copy loadout tool it would be wonderful to just save one or several aspects of the loadout and be able to copy across example

just uniforms or weapons , items or vest.

this I think would save so much time and allow for more options  instead of having to go into arsenal

just asking, but as it is now this mod is a must have

Keep the good work up

cant wait to see what you add next

Hey Revo can you upload your mod to Github? It makes updating Mods via Script easier

This mod had been on GitHub for several month, however, the extra time I had to spend on keeping it up-to-date was not worth it in the end.

• Like 1

Is there a specific format for reporting bugs? I looked through the OP and couldn't find one in particular. Thanks in advance.

Is there a specific format for reporting bugs? I looked through the OP and couldn't find one in particular. Thanks in advance.

Nope, just post what think..

For all those of you who had problems with the Sit animations e.g, characters would sink into the ground after preview. Please try if enabling the simulation of the chairs solves this issue for you.

Nope, just post what think..

Awesome. I had noticed that when your mod was used to make a mission, the on-load mission name wouldn't work. EX: If you had set the mission name to CO10 Night Ops, it wouldn't show that name in mission selection in multiplayer. If you need more information, let me know. Not exactly sure what you would need from me to help. Thanks!

Awesome. I had noticed that when your mod was used to make a mission, the on-load mission name wouldn't work. EX: If you had set the mission name to CO10 Night Ops, it wouldn't show that name in mission selection in multiplayer. If you need more information, let me know. Not exactly sure what you would need from me to help. Thanks!

Thank for the report. Some user have reported that in the past and the workaround is it to binarize the mission.sqm file. (The option is either in the "General" section or "Preferences)

A stupid question maybe but who should have this mod installed and running? All players or just server?