Will the ambient flyby be based on player position and can you set and offset ?

Thanks

If we can get the option to generate planes that flyby for ambience and their flight heigt ,it will be a +1 mod for me,thanks for you`re work.

Yes, thank you for sure. This mod is really a game changer.

Kinda noob question, since it's probably a very obvious solution.

With the intro text, can I set it up to dynamically use current player name, his rank and full mission date and time (possibly even if changed with params in the lobby)?

I figured it auto-converts anything I put in there into strings. If so, anyway around that?

I don't really agree with this. I'd rather it get the player or "specific players, players, group, etc" position. this way the flyby can occur above or with a set offset. This way the flyby is dynamic, giving the mission maker the ability to focus on the player movement and not a certain area of operation. Also, allowing more than one aircraft would be awesome.

Thanks, just my 2 cents. No offense intended.

Reed

As you can see, even your answer implies several kinds of events and the addon cannot cover all of them! Thus who like flyby over base, over enemies, over players, over... Let a part of this work to the mission maker. R3vo has to decide what his addon can or cannot do.

I just suggested to manage 2 markers if existing. What they mark is not for the addon but for the mission scope. It's easy to make a marker following a unit (as in many MP scenarios).

Test Version

If anyone wants to test the new version, here's the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aps95udqa9qrj37/%403den%20Enhanced%20Test.zip?dl=0

In the folder you find a readme.txt and the preliminary changelog in addition to a small test mission.

Please keep in mind that this version is not considered to be final and should be not destributed anywhere!

Is the variety from the ambient combat animations limited by bohemia? Some more of them would be nice.

Is the variety from the ambient combat animations limited by bohemia? Some more of them would be nice.

Yes it's limited by BIS. I hope we get new animations with Tanoa.

Is there a way to use the Arma 2 Cutscenes Mod?

I mean that one can use these anims trough your Mod?

Hope i made myself clear,sorry for my bad english. -_-

Is there a way to use the Arma 2 Cutscenes Mod?

I mean that one can use these anims trough your Mod?

Hope i made myself clear,sorry for my bad english. -_-

Not at the moment, would require a complete overhaul of the controls. I'll keep it in mind for the future though.

• Like 1

If we can get the option to generate planes that flyby for ambience and their flight heigt ,it will be a +1 mod for me,thanks for you`re work.

Some additional info: The issue here it not that it's too difficult to make the flyby always happen near the player, but rather that it also needs to work on a dedicated server, where player is unknown e.g. there are multiple players.That means the behaviour would be unkown to the person who build the mission and that's something I want to avoid at any cost. Afterall, this mod is mostly targeted at beginners. The old folks have no problem with writing a small flyby script themselves.

Revo, that makes plenty of sense. I do like what pierremgi suggested by managing 2 markers instead of players. Would this benefit the dedicated severs in anyway?

Again thanks for the awesome mod.

Some additional info: The issue here it not that it's too difficult to make the flyby always happen near the player, but rather that it also needs to work on a dedicated server, where player is unknown e.g. there are multiple players.That means the behaviour would be unkown to the person who build the mission and that's something I want to avoid at any cost. Afterall, this mod is mostly targeted at beginners. The old folks have no problem with writing a small flyby script themselves.

If I create a mission with this addon is installed, do I still need to have it loaded while playing the mission?

If I create a mission with this addon is installed, do I still need to have it loaded while playing the mission?

No, it creates no dependencies.

Revo, that makes plenty of sense. I do like what pierremgi suggested by managing 2 markers instead of players. Would this benefit the dedicated severs in anyway?

Again thanks for the awesome mod.

With markers it would still be static.

Not if you attached a marker or markers to a certain player, players , group, vehicle, location, etc. this way instead of "knowing the player" the mission maker could assign a marker or markers for start and finish.

R3vo, quick question.

In the currently released build, is there a mission complete and mission fail state I can implement or was that for a future release?

If it's already in, is there any documention for how to set up the parameters?

To make it mobile, some light script should be written by the mission maker. Not your problem in fact. It's a choice, you just allow it:

[] spawn{

while {!isnil "flybyend"} do {

sleep 0.5; // enough if you don't want to "each frame" that

"flybyend" setMarkerPos (getposATL some_unit)

}

};

Nothing more, but the destination of aircraft (wpt, marker position) must be actualized somewhere: If your script runs at start, for a flyby from A to B, once and forget, (no trigger, no repeat), then A and B will not be actualized. So, depending on how "complex" is your event.

R3vo, quick question.

In the currently released build, is there a mission complete and mission fail state I can implement or was that for a future release?

If it's already in, is there any documention for how to set up the parameters?

It's in the release build, you can download the test version I posted earlier. There is not extra documentation, if the tooltips aren't clear enough, let me know.

• Like 1

Release Version 1.5

Changelog:

v1.5
*changed*
- CfgPatches was changed to the up-to-date format
- 3den Enhanced tools now have their own folder
- Default insignia is an empty string now
- Some code improvements for the insignia control
- Overhauled most control configs
- Fixed script error which would appear when 3den preferences were not confirmed and the garrison function was used
- Replaced garrisonRadius combobox with slider control
- Fixed aspec ratio of loiter attribute
- Reduced size of insignia attribute (Please report any issues, controls might overlap)
- Moved most of the code from control configs to global functions
- Preferences are now applied when a preview ends, or a new scenario is created.
- Ambient animation attribute is now easier to use:
    -     To change the type of animation, simply select the new one and press Ok. The new animation is instantly applied.
        In older versions, one had to deactivate the animation first.
- Activate checkbox from ambient animation att. removed, is now handled by the animation type checkbox (Above changes also apply to ambient combat animation att.)
NOTE: There are still quite a few bugs with the ambient anims. However, those I most likely will never be able to solve. We simply need a better BIS function.
- Improved code execution for multiplayer missions (Thanks to KK for his note on the remoteExec wiki page)
- Respawn tickets are not always set to 0 when untouched
- Corrected some localisations
- Blacklisted another music track in the playMusic fnc
- Improved advanced fog attribute
- Replaced custom control for view distance att. with a edit box
- Improved view distance code
- All class names are now using the Enh TAG.
- Removed activate checkbox from intro text attribute. It can now be disable by leaving the delay undefined(empty)
- Changed config name of save gear attribute
- Improved code for hide terrain object trigger
- improve Enh_fnc_playMusic, it now filters out classes which have no soundtrack defined and it's slightly faster
- Insignias are now also read from the local missionConfigfile

*added*
- Tool to recompile functions
- Five animations
- Several new functions for internal use
- Attribute to deactivate thermal optics for given vehicle
- Attribute to deactivate night vision optics for given vehicle
- Added tool to quickly export faction names
- Added icon for "log" context menu folder
- Added icon for "3den Enhanced" tool folder
- Added attribute for OnKilledEvent
- Added attribute for OnRespawnEvent
- Added attribute for OnDamagedEvent
- Added attribute to set the fleeing value for a unit
- Added unit marker attribute
- Flyby mission attribute
- Added setMass attribute
- Added advanced briefing att.

Steam Workshop updates

PWS & Armaholic will follow soon

As always, don't hesitate to report bug or give feedback

• Like 9

Huzzah it has released!

Was about time, if there a issue I can probably fix them this weekend right away.