Can you add a tab for goggles and glasses under the Equipment Storage so we can add what we want in the arsenal when it is activated.

• Like 1

The icon on vehicles are usually from the squad.xml

Is there a way to disable unit badges on vehicles?

For example, I'd like players uniforms to display the unit badge from the squad.xml, but disable badges appearing on vehicles when a player enters it.

Is there a way to disable unit badges on vehicles?

For example, I'd like players uniforms to display the unit badge from the squad.xml, but disable badges appearing on vehicles when a player enters it.

No clue, probably not.

Can you add a tab for goggles and glasses under the Equipment Storage so we can add what we want in the arsenal when it is activated.

That's not planned atm.

Hi R3vo, Great Mod.

Interesting issue. I am using the new hostage attribute with the ambient animations. The issue is when someone frees the hostage while in the ambient animation the character stands up and performs the freed animation, then goes right back to the ambient animation chosen, for example sitting on ground.

Anyway, I can cancel the animation of sitting on the ground once the hostage is freed?

Thanks again

Canceling animations is something I've tangled with before. Might require a scripted solution. Check a thread on the issue I went through :

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/185822-kill-an-animation-loop/

No clue, probably not.

That's not planned atm.

Ok well thanks for the reply. It's just an annoying feature that should have been added by BI from the start of the 3D Editor.

Update 1.4

Changelog:

v1.4
*changed*
- fixed position of time multiplier attribute
- time multiplier edit box is now properly formatted
- fixed position of song name display
- fixed position of view distance setting attribute
- removed some obsolete code from control configs

*added*
- added attribute for rainbow probability
- added insignia attribute
- added preference attribute to enable preloading of the Arsenal -> Preferences-> Misc

*translation*
- added translation for rainbow attribute
- added translation for insignia attribute
- corrected camouCoef & audibleCoef tooltip

• Like 1

no option to not have insignias? they don't work properly on every uniform model and making any changes to a unit will force an insignia on - there is no option to not have insignia on a unit after editing it

no option to not have insignias? they don't work properly on every uniform model and making any changes to a unit will force an insignia on - there is no option to not have insignia on a unit after editing it

I'll look into that, thanks for you feedback.

• Like 1

hi

would it be possible to save the added loadout  off vehicles after they respawned (using the respawn module)

thx for your hard work

and

great mod

Thanks Revo for the continued updates to this.

Just a question the Attributes regards Is a UAV hacker, Engineer or Medic etc. Camo coefficient etc. Do you know what this means? I assume it will apply greater in Apex. With regards to being able to make yourself virtually invisible via the camo and audible coefficient. I don't know if this ties perhaps into "Hero" units with special abilities. I figure you know whats up since its in your mod?

I have a request: could you add a "Log faction class name" action to the log functions? Faction class names are used in ALiVE and other scripts and they are rather hard to find. Having a button that just gives you faction of the selected unit would be a great help.

I have a request: could you add a "Log faction class name" action to the log functions? Faction class names are used in ALiVE and other scripts and they are rather hard to find. Having a button that just gives you faction of the selected unit would be a great help.

There are only three sides: East,west and independent. All the other factions are just names, but belong to one of the main sides.

ALiVE requires faction class name to spawn units of that particular faction, it's a pain in the ass to find that one out. I sometimes need for other scripts as well. Again FACTION class name, the side is easy to figure out. Stuff like "CUP_I_NAPA" and such is harder to find. Usually I have to depbo  a mod and look through the config files as I just cant find it in the in-editor config viewer.

ALiVE requires faction class name to spawn units of that particular faction, it's a pain in the ass to find that one out.

If memory serves me right you can do this in the debug window. No need for config viewer or pbo hunting.

faction player

Btw, awesome mod....don't start Arma up without it!

If memory serves me right you can do this in the debug window. No need for config viewer or pbo hunting.

faction player

Dosent do anything for me.

Ok, name the units you want to know the faction of. In this case a1 a2 a3 a4, preview the scenario and type faction nameofunit in the small debug window, it will return the faction you can use with Alive. I think you may have used the execute window, my bad. There it would be

hint faction a1 or copytoclipboard faction a1

example: https://i.imgur.com/5u8T9Hm.png

There are only three sides: East,west and independent. All the other factions are just names, but belong to one of the main sides.

He's talking about the unit or vehicle's faction, not its side.  All you'd need to do is pull the entity's faction config value, it would super simple to implement and very helpful for ALiVE players. 

davidzi's method works perfectly fine, but here's another way that doesn't require any scripting/naming of variables/debug console:

1. Drop a unit or vehicle into the editor
  2. Right click on it -> Click Find in Config Viewer
  3. Scroll down to the faction entry, and there you go
  4. You can even click on that faction row and hit Ctrl+C to copy the value so you can paste it into an ALiVE module

If you want to double check that you have the right faction class name, you can always go into the Config Viewer, double click on CfgFactionClasses in the left-hand nav, and now you'll see every faction currently available.  You can then click on one, like rhsgref_faction_cdf_ng_b and you'll see its displayName value on the right (in this case: Chernarus (National Guard)), and that's the text you'll probably see that unit or vehicle listed under in the Eden Asset browser.

Alright, I am going to add an entry into the toolbar.

Edit: Okay, function is added. Output looks as follows:

For multiple objects:

[["B_support_AMG_F","B_APC_Tracked_01_AA_F","B_G_Mortar_01_F","B_Boat_Transport_01_F","O_Soldier_A_F","I_Soldier_AAR_F","C_man_polo_3_F","SignAd_Sponsor_ARMEX_F"],
["BLU_F","BLU_F","BLU_G_F","BLU_F","OPF_F","IND_F","CIV_F","Default"]]

For a single object:

"IND_F"

Any suggestions?

Theres an unavoidable Bug with your mod R3VO arma is limited to correctly loading 7 attributes, for the mission attributes causing mission names to display the file name and possibly more issues. removing extra attributes manually in the sqm so there are only 7(0->6) and changing the nattributes value to 7 fixes this.   

screenshots to show error

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/492394652508218383/8C28CA0A200BA16FDC6D9DCB695C120E2A469326/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/492394652508221361/CA6A59ACFA30D78F76CC4B042764930097B665B3/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/492394652508226238/0455475349B2ED58F5C636794FDB3152AE3F1E5F/

Thanks for the feedback. Which attribute did you exactly remove from the sqm? I am not sure that I can follow your description of the issue.

removal of attributes generate by 3DEN Enhanced so that there were only 7 left  

removal of attributes generate by 3DEN Enhanced so that there were only 7 left  

I don't think the issue is  the number of attributes, but rather some coding issue on my end, except you got some reliable background info about that.