Update 1.3

Changelog:

v1.3*added*

- one can now define a delay for the intro text attribute

- attribute for unit traits

- added hostage attribute:

A unit can now be taken hostage. Every player including JIP will have an action to free the Hostage.

Mission designers can check whether the unit is hostage or not by retrieving the following variable:

_unit getVariable "Enh_isHostage"; (true,is hostage/false,isn't hostage)*changed*

- UAV intro center position attribute tooltip was using a wrong string

- removed the tooltip from Advanced Damage Attributes

- UAV intro loiter direction is now using a better control*translation*

- added German translation for "Hide Map Objects" context menu entry

- added German translation for unit traits attribute

- added German translation for intro text delay

- updated French translation (thanks to solentis)

Wait so you can do intro text from the editor itself?

I'm actually having issues (I think) with introText being used as code in my mission files because I think it's causing my units not to spawn properly. Thus a delay would be useful. I had no clue you could do this in the editor with your mod!

Where can I learn how to do it inside the editor? Do you have a guide on that? It would really help me out R3vo. Any help I can get on how to access it in the editor and how to use it would be really great.

which link gets me the updated version armaholic is not upto date...

YOu should use google drive its fast and easy to use..... PLEASE 

c

which link gets me the updated version armaholic is not upto date...

Give foxhound some time, he has tons of other things to take care of

YOu should use google drive its fast and easy to use..... PLEASE

...and it's another download link I have to update. There are 3 options Steam Workshop, Armaholic and PWS

mh same problem with 1.3 ,i play with devs branch(development), and when i place a Ai unit on the map and change his atribute (aim or courage) then he died instantly. :shrug:

mh same problem with 1.3 ,i play with devs branch(development), and when i place a Ai unit on the map and change his atribute (aim or courage) then he died instantly. :shrug:

So didn't you recieve a warning when you entered Eden that you are on dev branch?

Does just the mission maker need this mod or does everyone else and the server need it as well?

Does just the mission maker need this mod or does everyone else and the server need it as well?

Read the first post -> Description

So didn't you recieve a warning when you entered Eden that you are on dev branch?

yes i have ,pity ;)

Just a helpful hint for anyone using the Intro Text section.  It will re-occur for every JIP'd player after mission start.

the unit traits doesn't seem to work. When you change them to "yes" and check the unit again it has all the traits back to "no"

the unit traits doesn't seem to work. When you change them to "yes" and check the unit again it has all the traits back to "no"

Thanks for you feedback. A hotfix should be available through Steam in a few minutes. Armaholic will follow as soon as possible.

• Like 1

Thanks for you feedback. A hotfix should be available through Steam in a few minutes. Armaholic will follow as soon as possible.

awesome work by the way!!!! love the extra bits and pieces makes eden editing way easier and better!

• Like 2

hi R3vo and everyone. I just wanted to know with the unit traits are the hints correct for camouflage and audible coeffecients?

Should it be the higher the value of camouflage the easier to spot and the same as the audible the higher the value the easier to hear?

I'm just not sure as in OFP the lower the value the less you could be spotted and less you could be heard. I'm getting odd results with camouflage values being high and audible being high.

An confirmation would be good so i know setting the correct values right for a recon mission im making. 

hi R3vo and everyone. I just wanted to know with the unit traits are the hints correct for camouflage and audible coeffecients?

Should it be the higher the value of camouflage the easier to spot and the same as the audible the higher the value the easier to hear?

I'm just not sure as in OFP the lower the value the less you could be spotted and less you could be heard. I'm getting odd results with camouflage values being high and audible being high.

An confirmation would be good so i know setting the correct values right for a recon mission im making. 

That's a very good question and my answer is ...maybe.

The load coef is defnitely correct, you can see the change immediately. So my guess was that it works similar for the audible coef and camou coef. However, I can't confirm that. I am still waiting for a more detailed description from Tom 48 97

• Like 1

That's a very good question and my answer is ...maybe.

The load coef is defnitely correct, you can see the change immediately. So my guess was that it works similar for the audible coef and camou coef. However, I can't confirm that. I am still waiting for a more detailed description from Tom 48 97

I'm 100% sure that camouflage and audibility works as he said. The name "camouflage coefficient" is self-contradictory though, since it sounds like higher number means more camouflage, as in harder to spot.

But these are easy to test: set audibility to 0.01 and you can sprint right behind an enemy and he doesn't notice until you push the cold barrel in the back of his neck. The same goes for camouflage.

I'm 100% sure that camouflage and audibility works as he said. The name "camouflage coefficient" is self-contradictory though, since it sounds like higher number means more camouflage, as in harder to spot.

But these are easy to test: set audibility to 0.01 and you can sprint right behind an enemy and he doesn't notice until you push the cold barrel in the back of his neck. The same goes for camouflage.

So the lower the audible value the less heard and the lower camo the less seen. So the hint in the traits in Eden enhanced would be wrong then as it states the higher the value the less audible and the higher the camo the less seen

Hi R3vo, Great Mod.

Interesting issue. I am using the new hostage attribute with the ambient animations. The issue is when someone frees the hostage while in the ambient animation the character stands up and performs the freed animation, then goes right back to the ambient animation chosen, for example sitting on ground.

Anyway, I can cancel the animation of sitting on the ground once the hostage is freed?

Thanks again

Update 1.3

Changelog:

v1.3
*added*
- one can now define a delay for the intro text attribute
- attribute for unit traits

- added hostage attribute:
    A unit can now be taken hostage. Every player including JIP will have an action to free the Hostage.
    Mission designers can check whether the unit is hostage or not by retrieving the following variable:
    _unit getVariable "Enh_isHostage"; (true,is hostage/false,isn't hostage)

Quick update of a new attribute I've been working on. It's not perfect yet or even functional, but I am quite confident that I can make it working soon.

9QVV7l3.png

PS: I don't recommend to subscribe to all the insignia mods available on Steam, there are like millions.

• Like 4

This looks really good!

Vehicles do often have the possibility to display Insignias, will you also include this Option on Vehicles?

This looks really good!

Vehicles do often have the possibility to display Insignias, will you also include this Option on Vehicles?

The icon on vehicles are usually from the squad.xml