No more Custom Compositions in my latest update of this. An Arma Eden update includes a new symbol for 'Custom' but there is nothing listed. Am I missing something?

My mod does not add custom compositions anymore, the ones I added with the release version were removed in version 1.2 because one can now create own compositions, save them and in the near future share them via workshop. (They can already be shared on sides like armaholic)

Here's the changelog for version 1.2 for those who are interested. Armaholic update will follow shortly.

v1.2
*removed*
- custom compositions

*added*
- function to quickly garrison placed building. Settings can be changed in the preferences
- attribute to toggle map object IDs on/off
- attribute to turn off/on vehicles engines
- English, German and Italian (partially) translation
- attribute to disable BIS revive for specific units
- attribute to remove all FAKs from a unit
- mission attribute to initialise BIS Dynamic Groups
- mission attribute to create an establishing shot
- mission attribute for display text on mission start
- currently played song of the playMusic preference attribute is now displayed at the bottom of the screen
- attribute to play random music at the beginning of the mission -> Scenario Attributs -> Music,Sound & Radiosettings
- attribute to set respawn tickets for all sides
- version check. Player will now recieve a warning if game version is greater than required version and dev branch is used
- version check function
- french translation

*changed*
- added check to prevent vanilla fog to be overwritten by advanced fog
- music loop is not restarted every time the preference settings are confirmed
- some attributes were executed where not needed
- completely overhauled the task patrol attribute, one can now set the number of waypoints, radius of the area, behaviour of unit/group, and speed of unit/group
- removed an unwanted radio sound from playMusic function
- all functions, variables and attribute properties are now using the same tag (Enh_)
- various function improvements
- some categories where renamed
- tooltips where improved
- save gear on respawn attribute was moved to mission settings -> respawn and will now be applied to all playable units automatically
- changes logo which is display in the expansion menu
- improved fn_logClassName.sqf
- added improved control for view distance setting
- time multiplier settings uses a custom control with slider and edit box
- removed toggleMapIDs attribute from Preferences and moved it to the Menu Strip -> Tools
- added ID icon for ToggleMapIDs tool
- new server key

*fixed*
- log classname function would not return classname of logics and modules

• Like 2

*added*

- function to quickly garrison placed building. Settings can be changed in the preferences

Can't tell you how excited I am for this!  I've been wanting exactly this feature in Eden since I started using it in Zeus with the Ares addon way back.

I can't figure out how to use it though.  I put a group of soldiers down in the middle of a town, select them all, right click > Edit > Garrison Buildings, but nothing happens.  Am I missing something?

Really nice stuff in that change log, thanks for the update  :)

Thanks for sending us the realease :)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

3den Enhanced v1.2

Thank you ;)

Really nice stuff in that change log, thanks for the update  :)

Your're welcome.

Can't tell you how excited I am for this!  I've been wanting exactly this feature in Eden since I started using it in Zeus with the Ares addon way back.

I can't figure out how to use it though.  I put a group of soldiers down in the middle of a town, select them all, right click > Edit > Garrison Buildings, but nothing happens.  Am I missing something?

I am sorry but I have to disappoint you on this on ;(

The Garrison function works only on buildings you placed in Eden.

Example:

Place a cargo hq, open the context menu and click on garrison. The building will now be filled with units. Number and side can be changed in the preferences menu.

Right now there is no proper way to interact with terrain objects in Eden, e.g. buildings. I'll see what I can do about that in the future.

Right now there is no proper way to interact with terrain objects in Eden, e.g. buildings. I'll see what I can do about that in the future.

No worries, I started to come to that conclusion when I saw how you had to select from among factions in the settings.  I'm not sure if you're familiar with how the Ares garrison module works, but you just click on a group of units with the "Garrison Nearest" Zeus module and it instantly pops those guys into the nearest surrounding (terrain object) building positions.  I dug into the Ares code and it actually borrows the Infantry Occupy House Script by Zenophon (released under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial license).  I've wanted to implement this myself in Eden but don't have the mod-making chops to do it.  It seems to me though that in theory all you'd need to do is retool the script with new Eden-specific commands for unit manipulation and it should work.  And you could probably interact with it through the same right-click context menu you use for the current garrison setup.  Instead with this you'd just right click on a selection of soldiers instead of buildings.

Anyway, just a thought!  And thanks again for everything else in here :)

• Like 2

but you just click on a group of units with the "Garrison Nearest" Zeus module and it instantly pops those guys into the nearest surrounding (terrain object) building positions.

This is brilliant, why didn't I have that idea. Guess I was too focused on my own idea. I'll start coding right away ;) Thanks for the info ravenleg.

mission attribute to create an establishing shot

How do we define the position?

Edit: I should ask would it be possible to use a marker or object to define position?

Do you want some help with the french localization? I spotted at least two mistake:  injured is translated to "pronouncing insults" and lean to "prone". Correct translation should be "blessé" for injured and "adossé" for lean.

This is brilliant, why didn't I have that idea. Guess I was too focused on my own idea. I'll start coding right away ;) Thanks for the info ravenleg.

My pleasure!  Happy to give a little back.

How do we define the position?

Edit: I should ask would it be possible to use a marker or object to define position?

Maybe, I'll see what I can do.

Do you want some help with the french localization? I spotted at least two mistake:  injured is translated to "pronouncing insults" and lean to "prone". Correct translation should be "blessé" for injured and "adossé" for lean.

Sure feel free to edit the french translation and make a pull request on gitHub.

This mod is amazeballs. It has streamlined so many tasks for me that I can't imagine what life was like pre-Internet or pre 3den+R3vo's enhanced mod.

You've covered so many of the minor and major tasks I'd need, I don't really have any suggestions for now. I'd love to see some kind of unit caching option and unit spawning option, but users will be so wildly particular about how they like it to be done, I don't see how you could really implement that without incurring the wrath of several mobs with pitchforks and torches.

The closest I can think of is "caching" by disabling AI unit simulation and AI features when X distance away from all players, with an attribute setting so the user can mass-include/exclude AI units from this function (in case of certain AI units needing to continue long distance actions/travel).

Ditto for spawning. The concept of the Arma 3 version of Murklor's spawn script may or may not be the most efficient method, but for lowest-common denominator 3den users (like me), it's certainly a much more intuitive. Place units, groups, and their waypoints in editor just as you want them to behave for the mission. Slap code in the group leader's init to execVM the spawn script, which then stores the unit and its group and their waypoints, then deletes them out of the mission until triggered -- even has a parameter for the group leader's init string. Wolfy's version of the script accounts for Arma 3 style custom unit inventory, and so far in 3 days of mission-building it seeeeeeems not broken as some people were reporting?

But I'm just throwing out crazy wishlist ideas. I really don't see how you could readily implement something that would be useful/functional to the majority of users due to their wildly individual preferences. Caching like what ALiVE does is crazy powerful for larger scale applications, but doesn't allow for much direct or fine control over a unit's movement, behavior, etc. in tight missions.

I've been using the ever-loving crap out of your previous version's anim interface to preview and test all my little fudges to unit positioning. e.g. it's really hard to line up a unit's torso for leaning against a wall/object or chair back, so turning the anim on/off to reset it and preview it directly in the 3d editor was a HUUUUUGE timesaver for me, b/c I haven't built up the hundreds of hours of experience to know just where to position the Sign_Pointer_Cyan_F for the anim unit to snap to. (Why does SIT1-3 orient with the pointer, but SIT_SAD1-2 flips a 180 orientation to the pointer?!@# :D )

On which point, I'm not sure how you'd ever really be able to automate that pointer's positioning for anim snap points. :/

BTW, I'm fresh from wrangling with anims an hour ago, and the KNEEL_TREAT anim works (didn't try animcombat). Not that I personally need it right this moment, but was there a functionality reason to remove it? I'd imagine it's a pretty useful anim for cutscenes.

Ravenleg's suggestion to use Zenophon's house occupation script gets a huge second from me. Z's framework is incredibly powerful -- sometimes a bit like swatting flies with a bazooka, for simpler missions/scenarios. :D That standalone script in particular has parameters for roof/no roof garrison, top-down versus bottom-up, and sequence to fill buildings (I think, on the last?). I imagine just like with your patrol option you'd do it as a basic out-of-the-box function, and power users can go script custom parameters themselves.

...But... depending on how detail-oriented you are or have time/interest for... This project could become a ravenous beast with collapsible sub-levels of options for things like the BIS_fnc_taskPatrol parameter for distance between waypoints. Zenophon's functions for position finding are particularly insanely detailed. I'd vote mildly no, as your current streamlined functionality is part of the appeal of the mod.

Otherwise, your various attributes, AI dis/enabling, arsenal add to unit, etc. are all things I've massively used to tweak some mission scenes and set-ups. I keep repeating myself, but: HUUUUUUGE task workflow saver for a noob like me.

Your music feature is also super cool, though when I have your R3vo Arma 2 music pack loaded, a lot of the tracks break the music player, so I have to start/stop it by un/clicking the check box.

And I just discovered your clipboard class name and multiple unit class names copying. o.O I could have saved even MORE time in the past few weeks?! :D Turbo scripting mode engaged! Esp for many civ/car/reinforcement/AI spawn scripts that require arrays of all desired unit class names... x.X I can do a basic search/replace in text editor to add in double quotes and commas, but getting the class names themselves was a laborious process in the config viewer.

Plus also looking forward to monkeying with advanced fog via your settings. Is that something BIS is implementing officially in the next update? I remember seeing something in their Twitter feed about fog real-time preview.

• Like 1

Thanks for you kind words ;)

BTW, I'm fresh from wrangling with anims an hour ago, and the KNEEL_TREAT anim works (didn't try animcombat). Not that I personally need it right this moment, but was there a functionality reason to remove it? I'd imagine it's a pretty useful anim for cutscenes.

I'll check that one again, maybe it was fixed

Your music feature is also super cool, though when I have your R3vo Arma 2 music pack loaded, a lot of the tracks break the music player, so I have to start/stop it by un/clicking the check box.

Gonna look into it

Is that something BIS is implementing officially in the next update?

Yes I think so, it was partially implemented in dev branch already. Looking forward to what they can do ;)

I'd vote mildly no, as your current streamlined functionality is part of the appeal of the mod.

I agree. The point of this mod is to make it easier to create missions, especially for beginners. Adding serveral more options will probably destroy that idea.

and multiple unit class names copying.

That was implemented by BI, I only added the "copy single class name" option, for I think it's easier to use in some situations.

Ravenleg's suggestion to use Zenophon's house occupation script gets a huge second from me

I've finished the new garrison functionality today, although I can't use Zenophon's script for it because I would need to rewrite a huge part of it (setPos commands can't be used in Eden etc.), I think it works way better now.

• Like 1

Here's a short preview on how the garrison function works now:

• Like 4

I can seem to make a box an arsenal box anymore in the objects attributes. Was it removed?

I can seem to make a box an arsenal box anymore in the objects attributes. Was it removed?

It wasn't removed. What's the name of the object?

I had to re-download the module and unzip again as I was getting corrupt files when unzipping.  I used 7zip now and haven't had any problems. Windows unzipping program kept giving me problems.  Hope this helps

Brilliant! 

• Like 1

I just had to go pick my jaw up off the floor.  You, sir, are the man!

:459: :627:  :dancehead: :dancered: :dance1: :icon_eek: :jump_clap: :icon_dj:  :woot:

For some reason the garrison is not working for me, checked preferences and everything. I'll try a reinstall of the mod real quick.

Gonna look into it

I wasn't able to reproduce that. I am using my music pack and PI Custom Zeus Music and it works splendidly

For some reason the garrison is not working for me, checked preferences and everything. I'll try a reinstall of the mod real quick.

The preview I've posted above is not yet implemented. The current funtionality is kinda limited. I'll try to p ush another update this weekend.